Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2015

Post by sean1982 »

I think you seriously underestimate me, but frankly, I dont give a sh*t about that. I said what I said and the european rules seem to agree (even though they are severely broken). End Of discussion

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I am not underestimating anyone at all, I don't know you: you could be my professor from Leuven even. :)

What I do know is that what I say makes perfect sense and isn't very much liked by you, not because it is wrong, but because it shows where money is being saved/made. For some odd reason, you really hate it when it is made clear where and how a low cost makes/saves important sums of money on what could be called 'internal work processes', which I really don't understand, because cost savings on those kind of methods, proccesses and procedures are by now a far more important cost savers than just not giving a sandwich or a drink away for free, you know? Those days are long gone in aviation, I should think?

As to your remark about the EU favouring arrival times as reference: please note you are refering to customer protection rules there, which have nothing to do with the statistical aspect of this discussion.
As already said in my first post on this discussion: I too prefer to arrive on time over departing on time; but if you talk about operational efficiency through punctuality figures, then please, please use those stripped off as many external factors as possible, meaning the departure punctuality figures.

If you don't want to admit departure punctuality is a closer image of operational efficiency than arrival punctuality is - and keeping in mind I don't want to underestimate anybody's ability to recognise truth when it is explained to him in simple wording- I can only conclude it's yet another one of those many things about a low cost operation which you hate to be publicly known then. I realy wonder why?
You don't genuinely believe there's some magical formula at ryanair, do you? or that it's business plan is top secret? Its business matrix is actually extremely simple and pure, much more so than at more complicated airlines like easyjet, let alone british; it's just that it's equally difficult to apply it strictly and in full due to all legal restrictions, but other than that: it's probably the simplest airline of them all from a business plan.

convair

Post by convair »

OK Inquirer.
To summarize: for compensation to pax, arrival time; for judging operational efficiency, departure time. It makes sense.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Thank-you Convair!

And can we go back on topic? If you want to discuss this further, open a separate topic!

Thank-you,

Stij

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

for the umpteenth time: please change
Those days are long gone in aviation
into
... in commercial air transport
Aviation is so much more than commercial air transport!!!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Any problems in Rome this morning? I'm at the airport and I see that all flights to FCO are cancelled (SN FR &VY)
André
ex Sabena #26567

CRJ 900

Post by CRJ 900 »

Airport (FCO) closed due to fire in luggage handling.
Rgds,
CRJ 900

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

While SN and others are simply cancelling their flights to Rome Fiumicino, Ryanair is re-routing it's flights to Rome Ciampino from BRU

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:While SN and others are simply cancelling their flights to Rome Fiumicino, Ryanair is re-routing it's flights to Rome Ciampino from BRU
Not correct. Not all Ryanair flights to/from Rome have been rerouted. So far, 28 Ryanair flights to/from Rome have also been simply cancelled, including FR-7000 Rome-Brussels and FR-7010 Brussels-Rome.

Source: Ryanair:
http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryana ... 2015-05-07

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
sean1982 wrote:While SN and others are simply cancelling their flights to Rome Fiumicino, Ryanair is re-routing it's flights to Rome Ciampino from BRU
Not correct. Not all Ryanair flights to/from Rome have been rerouted. So far, 28 Ryanair flights to/from Rome have also been simply cancelled, including FR-7000 Rome-Brussels and FR-7010 Brussels-Rome.

Source: Ryanair:
http://www.cloud.scorebuddy.co.uk/ryana ... 2015-05-07
Yes correct, Ciampino airport first had to agree to more flights coming in which took some time. In the mean time other airlines are not taking any measures to help their passengers ... excuse me ... guests

Ryanair re-routed the maximum number of flights to CIA as allowed by the authorities

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/15050 ... fiumicino/

SN doesnt even indicate on their website if a flight has been cancelled, but shows status: "unknown"

http://www.brusselsairlines.com/nl-be/p ... okup=route

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

hummmmm...what a level of stupidity. I'm appalled

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Sure you are, it's the other way around this time

Just trying to prove here that the image that certain members are trying to put up that "Ryanair doesnt care" is totally ridiculous.

Always getting better programme is something the company is really striving for and the whole company is determined to go the extra mile for our customers

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Sure you are, it's the other way around this time. Just trying to prove here that the image that certain members are trying to put up that "Ryanair doesnt care" is totally ridiculous. Always getting better programme is something the company is really striving for and the whole company is determined to go the extra mile for our customers
Nonsense. The extra mile would mean in this case: "we have arranged a bus transfer between the two airports", and not what one can read on Ryanair.com: "...If you are booked to travel on one of the above flights please make your way to Rome ciampino airport..." .
Everybody accepts that flights to/from Rome are cancelled today, no problem with that. But what I point out, is that you blame SN and other carriers that they cancel their flights, whilst actually you also cancel 28 flights. "Ryanair is rerouting its flights" is a lie. It's Ryanair reroutes some, Ryanair cancels some. End of discussion.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: Everybody accepts that flights to/from Rome are cancelled today, no problem with that. But what I point out, is that you blame SN and other carriers that they cancel their flights, whilst actually you also cancel 28 flights. Ryanair reroutes some, Ryanair cancels some. End of discussion.
Ryanair has two bases at Roma, which other carriers don't have.
It means that Ryanair can divert some of its FCO traffic to CIA, whilst others carriers have to cancel all their flights to ROM (advantage of flying with a big carrier rather than a small one).
Unfortunately, Ciampino couldn't absorb all the Ryanair FCO flights at short notice.

Caos anche all'aeroporto di Ciampino dopo l'incendio scoppiato nel terminal 3 che ha messo in ginocchio lo scalo di Fiumicino. Già dalle prime ore dell'alba in centinaia hanno preso d'assalto la biglietteria del secondo aeroporto della Capitale. I più "fortunati" finora sono stati i passeggeri della compagnia Ryanair, la società low cost che dal 2001 è operativa nell'aeroporto di Ciampino. Il vettore irlandese è corso subito ai ripari dirottando nel secondo scalo romano circa duemila persone. In tutto dieci voli (destinazione Bari, Brindisi, Comiso, Catania, Palermo, Lamezia, Marsiglia, Barcellona, Bruxelles, Siviglia) e con partenze previste nel tardo pomeriggio. Non appena è scattato l'allarme all'aeroporto "Leonardo Da Vinci" la compagnia ha allertato i passeggeri tramite sms, avvertendoli di recarsi direttamente a Ciampino.

http://www.iltempo.it/roma-capitale/201 ... -1.1412220
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

@Sean I love the idea of FR's "always getting better programme" however I don't think that the fact that Ryanair reroutes some of it's flights to CIA has to do anything with Ryanair caring more for it's pax than the other airlines affected by the disruption at FCO....

It's more taking advantage from having two bases in ROM while others don't have this (which in this case is indeed a huge advantage for FR) , I'm pretty sure that others would like to have rerouted their flights to CIA if it was possible however it clearly isn't so there isn't any option left to start cancelling flights (unfortunatley)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

From today's Brussels spotting forum:
sdbelgium wrote:euroAtlantic Airways Boeing 767-300ER CS-TRN:

STD 10.30 as JAF103 to VRA
This plane had scheduled an intermediate stop in Lisbon, but got too much fuel for the short trip to LIS. Thus, after passengers had boarded the aircraft, it took 7 hours to remove the excess fuel and the plane finally departed with a 7 hours delay.

Another 600 euros per pax case for JAF?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:From today's Brussels spotting forum:

This plane had scheduled an intermediate stop in Lisbon, but got too much fuel for the short trip to LIS. Thus, after passengers had boarded the aircraft, it took 7 hours to remove the excess fuel and the plane finally departed with a 7 hours delay.

Another 600 euros per pax case for JAF?
Yep : Brussels-Varadero, own error / wrong planning = 600 Euro indemnity.

I don'y know why that stopover in Lisbon was necessary for a 300ER, because the aircraft did a return flight to Kos on Sunday, for Jetairfly, and stayed in Brussels last night. Perhaps the crew for JAF-103 would have gone in overtime when they had to go all the way to Varadero?

For the passengers of Jetairfly JAF103 Brussel-Varadero 10 May: it's useless for you to go to Claim It, Claim EU, Test-Aankoop/Test-Achats or another incasso firm, because it's so obvious that Jetairfly will give you the full 600 € upon request. So why give 10% or 20% away to an incasso firm, when you only have to send a mail to Jetairfly? Just tell them you refer to EU Regulation 261/2004 and the Sturgeon arrest of the EU Court of Justice, 23th October 2012...

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:
Anonymous post on a newspaper forum (translated): The defueling adapter for this type of aircraft was not available at BRU, and had to imported from another airport. Hence the huge delay.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

OMG :(
André
ex Sabena #26567

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

Passenger wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
Anonymous post on a newspaper forum (translated): The defueling adapter for this type of aircraft was not available at BRU, and had to imported from another airport. Hence the huge delay.
If I understand the stopover to LIS was decided after the refuelling :?:
Best regards,
Sergioboeing