Jetairfly Dreamliner OO-JDL - delayed

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sergioboeing

Jetairfly Dreamliner OO-JDL - delayed

Post by sergioboeing »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Seems today the domino effect has even aggravated as JAF/TB 601 left this afternoon, a 7-hour delay on the 09:05 STD.

Let's skip tomorrow Q&A then. ;)

Cheers.

H.A.
Hmm ... I think the domino effect is not yet finished for the OO-JDL :(
I booked a flight for PUJ tomorrow (23/12) STD 15:45 ...
Please my old faithful OO-JAP could you help me :lol:
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

galaxy

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Post by galaxy »

OO-JAF BRU to Cancun took off today at 21.17 instead of 12.55 . It is now a A340-300 ( CS-TQM Air Algérie ) instead of the B787
What happend ?

sergioboeing

Post by sergioboeing »

galaxy wrote:OO-JAF BRU to Cancun took off today at 21.17 instead of 12.55 . It is now a A340-300 ( CS-TQM Air Algérie ) instead of the B787
What happend ?
To clear the huge delay of the OO-JDL, Jetairfly decided to operate the flight to Cancun with the CS-TQM.
So now the flight JAF203 to PUJ is scheduled at 15:45 as initially ;)
That's another evidence that Jetairfly do their best in such cases :clap:
Best regards,
Sergioboeing

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sergioboeing wrote:To clear the huge delay of the OO-JDL, ...
OO-JDL had problems with its APU. This "Dreamliner" is slowly becoming a new OO-TUC...
André
ex Sabena #26567

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

sn26567 wrote:OO-JDL had problems with its APU. This "Dreamliner" is slowly becoming a new OO-TUC...
Nice to know as i should fly the OO-JDL in february. I hope so....

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:And here we go (again)
Not again! The APU problem was mentioned above.

Short summary: through an APU problem, the return flight of OO-JDL was delayed. Instead of waiting for a repair on site, Jetairfly decided to charter another aircraft (the HiFly A340), but the crew had to wait at destination for the legal rest hours. Therefore, passengers will arrive at BRU tonight with a 24hrs delay. They will be compensated by Jetair: enough money to go to a starred restaurant.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Trivia 2014 (miscellaneous news)

Post by Inquirer »

Not exactly the end to a dream holiday, I would think.

http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/binnenland/1.2191891

In short:
1- the planned 787 broke down and couldnt leave the Dominican Republic.
2- replacement sent but without second crew, so additional delay upon arrival in Mexico to allow rest.
3- departed Mexico, but once in flight a stop in the Dom. Rep in order to pick up passengers was denied, so it returned back to Mexico!
4- problem cleared out, so the plane is now on its way to BRU with all passengers, but with a delay of more than 40 hours.

luchtzak

Post by luchtzak »

sn26567 wrote:
Boeing767copilot wrote:And here we go (again)
Not again! The APU problem was mentioned above.

Short summary: through an APU problem, the return flight of OO-JDL was delayed. Instead of waiting for a repair on site, Jetairfly decided to charter another aircraft (the HiFly A340), but the crew had to wait at destination for the legal rest hours. Therefore, passengers will arrive at BRU tonight with a 24hrs delay. They will be compensated by Jetair: enough money to go to a starred restaurant.
Further delay for Jetairfly passengers ==> http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... iers.dhtml

HiFly A340 was not allowed to land in Cuba, then flew back to Cancun, where the airport was "closed", no staff to handle flight and no steps to the aircraft....

sn26567

Re: Jetairfly Dreamliner OO-JDL - delayed

Post by sn26567 »

OO-JDL itself is now back into normal service and flying route JAF303 to Punta Cana and Montego Bay, ON-TIME !
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

OO-JDL came back with a delay from Punta Cana early this week and there was already a cumulated delay due to an earlier medical emergency last week and because of the tight schedule, they were still operating with a cumulated delay. That APU problem in Punta Cana resulted in JAF deciding to not wait for OO-JDL and instead use a Hifly aircraft to Cancun/Varadero. But that aircraft got stuck due to the lack of a crew to fly back (so they had to wait 24h for the crew to have their rest and fly back). But than there was the Cuba problem so they had to fly back to Cancun and try again later. Meanwhile OO-JDL was back in perfect condition and operated a new return flight to Punta Cana/Santa Domingo from which it returned today on time.

The media is mixing things up.
Last edited by RoMax on 24 Dec 2014, 18:29, edited 1 time in total.

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

Unbelievable,
I agree with romax,.... How Can media mix up different things?
B787 jaf has the best record you Can imagine, compared with other Dreamliners, not talking about the less recent Aircrafts in Belgium.
Media mix up things, Because they need news, topics, aside of the normal x mas eve topics like, Bob Controls, Traiteurs busy, x mas speechs of King Philippe, etc.....
Vtm, chame on you not Being informed better,

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.lesoir.be/742372/article/act ... vion-jetai

The Dreamliner may have a good punctuality record, but Jetairfly definitely has not.
And Jetairfly is famous not only for its delays, but also for its reluctance to pay any compensation to its customers...
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

With all the options available out of CUN, why didn't JAF rebook the pax on alternative itineraries and send the hifly directly into Cuba? Obviously they wanted to do it the cheap way and in addition it's giving them free publicity on the media.

I'm not sure the 250 pax will give them good publicity though.
I'd be really pissed if it happened to me.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flanker2 wrote:With all the options available out of CUN, why didn't JAF rebook the pax on alternative itineraries and send the hifly directly into Cuba? Obviously they wanted to do it the cheap way and in addition it's giving them free publicity on the media.
But same would have happened in Cuba, no crew available for the return flight and stuck for 24h. Altough maybe they could have left earlier and missed the storm weather (and with that the second part of this whole delay) I'm not completely aware of when exactly that problem was there and for how long.

There might have been a better choice (although finding enough seats on alternative (and still 'convenient') flights from Cancun to BRU for 257 passengers is not exactly an easy task in winter time right before Christmas when everyone wants to get back to Europe and also don't forget the passengers that were taken from BRU to Cancun/Varadero, it's not only about the pax going back), but JAF did wat every airline would have done. Searching for a quick solution, having an A340 on stand-by at BRU seems like a great solution...except when it has only one crew for all sectors of the flight...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

I know a travel agent who had several customers on that flight, on rather expensives holidays, some of them with young children. He braces already himself for their reactions, which he is sure to get very soon. They won't be happy, it's the least that can be said, and they'll make it known frankly ....
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Their arrival last night was filmed by a few television teams, including VTM:
http://nieuws.vtm.be/binnenland/121464- ... weer-thuis

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/1901/reisnieuw ... huis.dhtml

http://www.nieuwsblad.be/cnt/dmf20141225_01446290

Wonder what Vanhalemeersch (Jetairfly's spokesman) will say: Safety First?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Christmas wishes of Jetair look "surrealistic". But this is Belgium and Magritte, isn't it?
xmasjetair.jpg
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It really looks hard on Elke Pattyn (as the wife of André Berger) to bring this news item. She hasnt even mentioned the word "jetair" :D