Jetairfly in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

an-148

Re: Jetairfly in 2015

Post by an-148 »

apparently JAF is flying Caribic (Cancun, Varadero, Santo Domingo, ....) from LGG !!
any news about it ?

MD-11forever

Post by MD-11forever »

As far as I can see, all long haul flights are based in BRU.

You can indeed select flights from LGG to the Carribbean on the site of JAF, but when I want to book the flight, I end up with flights from BRU.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Well, something is happening. OO-JDL is inbound LGG from CUN right now, and seems to be scheduled for SDQ this afternoon, from LGG.
Thomas

an-148

Post by an-148 »

MD-11forever wrote:As far as I can see, all long haul flights are based in BRU.

You can indeed select flights from LGG to the Carribbean on the site of JAF, but when I want to book the flight, I end up with flights from BRU.
yes, but look here:

http://www.liegeairport.com/en/flying-infos
departure JAF 205 today and in one week
arrival JAF 104 today and in one week

therefore my question ;)

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Just thinking out loud here, but could it have something to do with the runway works in BRU? Other operators don't seem to be rescheduling flights because of it, but it's the only (operational) obvious reason I can think of off the top of my head.
Thomas

an-148

Post by an-148 »

KriVa wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but could it have something to do with the runway works in BRU? Other operators don't seem to be rescheduling flights because of it, but it's the only (operational) obvious reason I can think of off the top of my head.

ah !! could be , because no advertising, nothing (JAF always gives press releases when opening new connexions) !!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

KriVa wrote:Just thinking out loud here, but could it have something to do with the runway works in BRU? Other operators don't seem to be rescheduling flights because of it, but it's the only (operational) obvious reason I can think of off the top of my head.
The flight of Emirates is also impacted by this, at least that's the reason I get from them when asking about the 17:30 departure I have on the 10th, normally they arrive and depart earlier at BRU. So I can imagine that other flights are also rescheduled, don't know if that has something to do with this though, but rescheduling because of the runway works certainly happens.

pilot_gent

Post by pilot_gent »

That is indeed the reason, number of movements is reduced during the runway works.

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

I heard that it could be because of runway length...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jetairfly confirmed to me that the LGG departures and arrivals are due to the runway works in Brussels. There will be some 10 such departures during the summer. The passengers involved are transported by coach to/from Brussels Airport.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:Jetairfly confirmed to me that the LGG departures and arrivals are due to the runway works in Brussels. There will be some 10 such departures during the summer. The passengers involved are transported by coach to/from Brussels Airport.
Convenient for Jetairfly, much less convenient for the passengers (except those from Liège) - but who cares for the clients at JAF ?
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Jetairfly confirmed to me that the LGG departures and arrivals are due to the runway works in Brussels. There will be some 10 such departures during the summer. The passengers involved are transported by coach to/from Brussels Airport.
Convenient for Jetairfly, much less convenient for the passengers (except those from Liège) - but who cares for the clients at JAF ?
Decision from aviation authorities, 100% legal and 100% client-friendly handled by Jetairfly.

EDIT: Off-topic part redacted.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

Right... Here we go again!
Topic cleaned up
airazurxtror wrote:but who cares for the clients at JAF ?
Having worked (past tense, so there's really no benefit for me in saying this) at JAF in the past, I can only say that a LOT of people care for the clients at JAF. Those who don't, are a very small minority.
Thomas

pilot_gent

Post by pilot_gent »

airazurxtror wrote:
Actually, I don't think it's that convenient. What's convenient about having to transport all your clients & crew to another airport while you could have just flown out of the correct one? I think it's just more costs...

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

pilot_gent wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:
Actually, I don't think it's that convenient. What's convenient about having to transport all your clients & crew to another airport while you could have just flown out of the correct one? I think it's just more costs...
Well...they could NOT fly out of the scheduled one. Read the messages above.

They didn't choose LGG for the fun of it. It's still better for the passengers than hours of delay (which would have impacted all the flights...).

pilot_gent

Post by pilot_gent »

I should have been more clear, I meant it's not convenient for JAF indeed. Like you say, they are not doing it for the fun of it.

I heard today that other airlines are cancelling flights out of BRU during the works.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

CanJet, a Halifax-based charter airline, has suspended its operations as of yesterday due to unprofitability. However, their (only) B738 currently registered OO-CAN, which has been leased to Jetairfly, will continue operating for the Belgian airline until the end of the lease at the end of October.

CanJet's president, Stephen Rowe, confirmed to CTV News on Tuesday that his company is suspending all flight operations because management has been unable to find a place in the marketplace. The last remaining scheduled flight has been flown, he said.

Rowe says the company is taking a step back to weigh its options, but is not necessarily closing as a business.
CanJet's only airplane, a Boeing 737-800 based at Toronto's Pearson Airport, will be operated by Air Transat going forward, he said.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Social unrest at Jetairfly and Tec4Jets

The extraordinary works council summoned by the management of Jetairfly and Tec4Jets on September 24 is causing social tensions within the two companies, owned by TUI Group. Jetairfly employs 600 workers in Belgium and Tec4Jets one hundred.

During the works council, Jetairfly will announce its plans for the future, says the spokesman for the airline, without giving further details.

The company made significant profits for the group, said ACW/CSC Transcom. "It is therefore surprising that savings should be achieved here. One reason could be that the TUI objective of consolidating its airlines in 'One Aviation' cannot be achieved due to limitations on the exchange of staff between countries."

The concern is also present at Tec4Jets. "We were assured it a few months ago that we would not be affected by the plan for 'One Aviation'. We would be surprised if savings would be implemented in our company, given the heavy investments made in the last few years on the Zaventem site and positive results," said ACW/CSC.
André
ex Sabena #26567

JamesD

Post by JamesD »

FYI, it's Tec4jets iso Tech4jets... Been written wrong in the newspaper before

:)