Jetairfly in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Jetairfly in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

Passenger wrote:OO-JAP will have a C-Check now, and reg becomes D-ABUS afterwards (Condor Flugdienst).
Wow! From TUI directly to the competition Thomas Cook!
André
ex Sabena #26567

pele

Post by pele »

So it seems that Jetairfly will use an extra dreamliner from ArkeFly to fill the gap left behind by OO-JAP. Also a 'new' 767 will join the fleet, any idea where this bird will come from? Kind of sad that a Belgian airline needs to fly with a bird from Holland :(

link: http://www.travel360.be/nl/nieuws/actue ... en?gn=7945

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

pele wrote:So it seems that Jetairfly will use an extra dreamliner from ArkeFly to fill the gap left behind by OO-JAP. Also a 'new' 767 will join the fleet, any idea where this bird will come from? Kind of sad that a Belgian airline needs to fly with a bird from Holland :(

Hello

I think this spokesman first needs to look in the history of JAF before saying things like ''Bij Jetairfly gaat het "oudste" vliegtuig eruit op 14 jaar'' , ''in die 11 jaar waren wij de enige Belgische luchtvaartmaatschappij die (14!) fabrieksnieuwe vliegtuigen in dienst nam.''

What about OOTUC? Left the JAF fleet at the age of 23!!!
OOJAP is ex Asiana, Skymark.... Fabrieksnieuw? :?
OOJAO,JAS,JOS ex TUIfly
OOJAA,JAU, JAQ, JBG leased from Sunwing

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

pele

Post by pele »

Ok, but if you look at the average fleet age it is still impressive for a 'Belgian' airline. Curious where they will find that xtra 767, probably in the TUI group? This 767 will be used on medium haul flights, hopefully Sal and Boa Vista, bye bye 737-800 :)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Not sure about Sal, but boa vista is definatly too small for a Boeing 767

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

pele wrote:Kind of sad that a Belgian airline needs to fly with a bird from Holland :(
While the planes may be registered in different countries you have to know that TUI Belgium and TUI Netherlands are now (virtually?) operated as one single company TUI Benelux so the Arke planes are now also JAF planes and vice versa. And if it makes you feel better TUI Benelux is for the majority run by Belgians :)

SFM

Post by SFM »

sean1982 wrote:Not sure about Sal, but boa vista is definatly too small for a Boeing 767
Sal is capable of handling 767 for sure. I believe Sobelair used to operate flights for Sabena with 767 there.

(a quick search on wikipedia showed a picture of the Antonov An-225 on Sal, so a 767 will be no problem I think ;) )

Stij

Post by Stij »

Wasn't Sal used a lot by SAA during the apartheid period?

Cheers,

Stij

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

It sure was! The A346 and B744 weren't exactly a rarity there for a while.
Tangolima, I may be wrong, of course, but as far as I know, the planes aren't leased from, but to Sunwing?

Also, the fleet of JAF is a bit larger than those 14 planes they talk about, so having 14 airliners delivered from the factory, is a real possibility (I haven't looked it up myself, though.).
Thomas

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

originally OO-JAA is coming from Sun Country Airlines and then on and off leased to Sunwing http://www.airfleets.net/ficheapp/plane ... -29660.htm
Citybird
The flying dream

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

tangolima wrote:
pele wrote:So it seems that Jetairfly will use an extra dreamliner from ArkeFly to fill the gap left behind by OO-JAP. Also a 'new' 767 will join the fleet, any idea where this bird will come from? Kind of sad that a Belgian airline needs to fly with a bird from Holland :(

Hello

I think this spokesman first needs to look in the history of JAF before saying things like ''Bij Jetairfly gaat het "oudste" vliegtuig eruit op 14 jaar'' , ''in die 11 jaar waren wij de enige Belgische luchtvaartmaatschappij die (14!) fabrieksnieuwe vliegtuigen in dienst nam.''

What about OOTUC? Left the JAF fleet at the age of 23!!!
OOJAP is ex Asiana, Skymark.... Fabrieksnieuw? :?
OOJAO,JAS,JOS ex TUIfly
OOJAA,JAU, JAQ, JBG leased from Sunwing

Greetings,
:roll: You might have to verify your info... :roll:

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

OK, I verified.

OO-TUC was delivered 1990 and left the JAF fleet in 2013 seems 23 years old to me.
OO-TUF (remember that F100) made its first flight in 1991 and was delivered to JAF in 2005, so got into service when it was 14 years old!
OO-TUI B734 first flight in 1989 delivered to JAF in 2004, so was also 15 years old already when it got into service.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

Yeah, can you perhaps verify what you said instead of coming with other facts?
No-one ever said JAF never had "older" aircrafts than brand new ones. I don't even see any problem with this, actually.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

JAF737 wrote:Yeah, can you perhaps verify what you said instead of coming with other facts?
No-one ever said JAF never had "older" aircrafts than brand new ones. I don't even see any problem with this, actually.
Quote from Hans Vanhalemeersch just a few days ago: "Bij Jetairfly gaat het "oudste" vliegtuig eruit op 14 jaar" (translation : "At Jetair, the oldest aircraft leaves the fleet at 14 year age")

This is a quote from the article that was posted above:
http://www.travel360.be/nl/nieuws/actue ... ef-bekeken

So I think it's fair to say that not all aircraft do leave the fleet at 14.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I have a feeling the particular quote was torn away from its context.
The way I read it (I didn't have time to read the full article until now) is like this: Mr. Vanhaelemeesch does not mean that every "old" aircraft leaves the fleet at 14 years of age. He just means that the oldest aircraft in the fleet right now (well, until recently) left the fleet at 14 years of age. Hence the quotes around the word oldest.
In my view, the "oldest" signifies OO-JAP in particular, and not the proposed policy where an aircraft has to leave the fleet when it reaches the age of 14.
Thomas

Sai

Post by Sai »

tangolima wrote: OOJAA,JAU, JAQ, JBG leased from Sunwing
It's the other way around...Sunwing actually leases them from JAF.
Except for the planes you mentioned (of which some already left the fleet), they all came straight from Seattle from the factory...or Brazil 8-) for their E-Jet's
Nevertheless within 5 years they again will be replaced by 737MAX.
So at the moment IMHO a thruthfull claim of having the youngest fleet, untill maybe VLM gets their SSJ's :mrgreen:

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Regarding the discussion on the age of OO-TUC. We have a word for this in dutch: "mierenneukers"!

What does it even matter?! JAF introduced every single B737NG in the belgian registry, besides one privately owned embraer, it is the only airline introducing the E-jet in Belgium and was the first charter airline to introduce this type. As a 'small' Belgian airline they succesfully introduced the 787 and now they are in the process of streamlining their activities even more by searching synergies in Holland...all good signs and simply common sense to my ears...al the rest is...well, you know!

FLYAIR10

Post by FLYAIR10 »

It seems the regional airports of Oostende-Brugge and Antwerp are 'the place to be' on 17 april 2015 for
creative people who can also handle a photo camera .
On the respective websites the airports and JAF are promoting the introduction of their new routes from OST & ANR by giving away some duotickets for the new destinations.

https://www.jetairfly.com/nl/haveyourpicturetaken

http://www.ost.aero/passagiers/nieuws/1 ... -barcelona

http://www.antwerp-airport.be/contentpage_nl.php

grtz

pele

Post by pele »

Bralo20 wrote:
pele wrote:Kind of sad that a Belgian airline needs to fly with a bird from Holland :(
While the planes may be registered in different countries you have to know that TUI Belgium and TUI Netherlands are now (virtually?) operated as one single company TUI Benelux so the Arke planes are now also JAF planes and vice versa. And if it makes you feel better TUI Benelux is for the majority run by Belgians :)
I know..but still you are in a Arke Fly bird :(

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

From March 29th, Jetairfly flights to/from Paris Orly are transferred to Orly West Terminal, Hall 3.
André
ex Sabena #26567