Jetairfly in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: 3 'new' routes for Antwerp, but is it enough?

Post by sn26567 »

Sai wrote:Can ANR handle all those extra pax? It's a really small terminal, parkingspace, etc?
During the press conference, a representative of EGIS (the operator designated by the Flemish government to manage the airports of Ostend and Antwerp) confirmed that they will expand the airport (food and beverages, commercial and retail area, remote parking, etc.). Not sure the parking will remain free...

With Jetairfly, commercial traffic is expected to double during the summer months.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

b720 wrote:I agree, the 3 cities are extremely popular city trip destinations.
Antwerp is also a popular destination that can attract tourists from Italy, Germany and Spain. At least, that's what Jetairfly expects: traffic in both directions.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Re: JetairFly in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

sean1982 wrote:Clever! If the price is right they may take quite a few pax from SN, FR and VY
Prices from €39.99 one way to the tourist Mediterranean destinations, from €29.99 to BCN, MXP and BCN. Bookable from tomorrow 23 October. Available on GDS.
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

Absolutely! Antwerp can be marketed as a city trip destination in its own right. On a different note, how is public transport from the airport? is there a regular bus running from the terminal area to the Central station, or Berchem station? Another option would be to extend the tram line from the very nearby Gitschotelei to terminate at the airport.. That would certainly attract more traffic to and from the airport, and make some room at the parking areas as some people working at the airport (and living in Antwerp) might opt for the tram? Besides PAX from out of town might consider the train and tram to get to and from the airport.
GVA airport has a system of offering 80 min of free public transport in the GVA area. Tickets are dispensed at the baggage claim area just before exiting customs. Many people make use of those tickets. ANR could strike a deal with de lijn and offer a similar product?

Stij

Post by Stij »

Buelens does it again I would say!

Congratulations!

I hope these routes will be sustainable!

About the connection to Antwerp with public transport: there's a bus every 15 minutes to Berchem Railway Station that takes 8 minutes: not bad!!! Of course a tram straight to the city center would be better for incoming tourists. Connecting the airport by tram would require an extra line of 1km or 1,4km (for a shorter route). If the airport would be on a growth path again: not impossible.

Next to the airport there's a railway line, but this one is mainly used for freight trains, the passenger lines are 600 (to Lier) to 700 (to Mechelen) meters from the airport and only local trains stop there. With Berchem railway station so close, I doubt they will ever invest in a real airport railway station where IC trains will stop.

But before we're there, a lot of water will have flowed through the river Scheldt and a lot of noise committees will have complained. In the mean time the 4 busses/hour will do!

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Some other comments made at this morning's press conference:

Erik Follet, Network Development Director of Jetairfly, mentioned that more than 50% of Jetairfly customers, book a seat only (which shows that Jetairfly is NOT a charter company, but a scheduled carrier).

Jetairfly expects 80,000 passengers at ANR in 2015 (providing for 80 jobs according to ACI).

The Embraer E190 has 112 seats in the Jetairfly configuration, with a seat pitch of 29 inches (which remains acceptable with slims seats)
IMG_7786.JPG
IMG_7787.JPG
In addition to Hofman's presentation, there were also speeches by Francis Grangier, CEO of Egis Airport Operation (based in Paris), and Luc Luwel, CEO of the Antwerp Chamber of Commerce and Industry (part of VOKA).
IMG_7765.JPG
A specially chartered E190 came from Brussels for the guests to see it (outside and inside) and it got a water cannon salute (see ANR 22/12/2014 thread in the Plane spotting Belgium forum)
IMG_7781.JPG
IMG_7785.JPG
André
ex Sabena #26567

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

sn26567 wrote:A specially chartered E190 came from Brussels for the guests to see it (outside and inside) and it got a water cannon salute (see ANR 22/12/2014 thread in the Plane spotting Belgium forum)
again? thought it was only for the first ever visit to the airport .. as it also got a water cannon on 30/09 as it was its very first touch down at ANR.
Citybird
The flying dream

saratoga

Post by saratoga »

I'm not an expert but there is something that bothers me: the fact that an charter company is doing scheduled flights. Is this not a unfair competition towards the traditional airline companies offering only scheduled flights like SN for example?

convair

Post by convair »

Not at all, imho. SN is doing numerous charter flights as well btw!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

saratoga wrote:I'm not an expert but there is something that bothers me: the fact that an charter company is doing scheduled flights. Is this not a unfair competition towards the traditional airline companies offering only scheduled flights like SN for example?
Jetairfly is no longer a charter company, but a scheduled carrier.
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

saratoga wrote:I'm not an expert but there is something that bothers me: the fact that an charter company is doing scheduled flights. Is this not a unfair competition towards the traditional airline companies offering only scheduled flights like SN for example?
Why would it be? JAF has the permits to operate scheduled flights and runs its complete operation as a scheduled operation. It's not because they used to be a charter airline and people still associate them with charter operations, that it's unfair to scheduled carriers.

In Belgium we don't have 'real charter airlines' anymore. Both TCAB en JAF run their operations as scheduled carriers.

And as convair said, SN is also operating numerous charter flights (mainly for Club Med and Thomas Cook, but also other companies/organisations).

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Report on regional tv ATV:

http://atv.be/nieuws/2014-10-22/nieuwe- ... p-airport/

(I will post a transcript later today)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Some more press reports (ATV and Gazert van Antwerpen)

Hans Vanhalemeersch (Jetair):
Barcelona : because it's Jetair's number one for city trips
Milan : because just like Antwerp it's also a fashion capital
Berlin : because just like Antwerp it's also a design capital

all flights will leave Antwerp around noon

the airport will ask Belgian Railways to investigate the possibility to make a train station at the airport (as said before: there are two railway lines nearby: one to Mechelen/Lier/Brussels at 700m and one used for cargo trains, at 100m from the main terminal building)

the free parking facility will be replaced by paying parking (by the end of 2015)

the airport is looking for other parking facilities nearby, connected with shuttle bus

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Strange report from ATV: they did not film the press conference, neither the arrival and the visit into Jetairfly's E190. Intsead, we got to see people embarking in a VLM Fokker. Kanaal Z was present all the time, everywhere, but I must confess I didn't see their report.
André
ex Sabena #26567

b720

Post by b720 »

They seem to have loaded the flights onto their booking engine... 15 departures per week from ANR.. already bookable as of EUR 29.99 per segment. starting mid April 2015. Way to go ANR!!

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

b720 wrote: Way to go ANR!!
Way to go ANR and JAF!!!
Nice to see some refreshing projects on the Belgian aviation scene.

b720

Post by b720 »

Absolutely!!

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

b720 wrote:They seem to have loaded the flights onto their booking engine... 15 departures per week from ANR.. already bookable as of EUR 29.99 per segment. starting mid April 2015. Way to go ANR!!
Not bad! Is it seasonal?
Some italians are already asking me.15+5 kgs included?

b720

Post by b720 »

Yes, 15KG luggage for free included in the cheapest fare of EUR 29.99 O.W. u need to add an administrative fee of 15EUR for the return flight.. will be approx EUR 75 return luggage included..You can book till end
of Oct. 2015 (end of S15 schedule) I do not think that the flights are seasonal, that is not how they were announced. I did not hear them mention seasonal routes or flights.. Anyone knows more? My bet is that they will increase frequencies..

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

b720 wrote:Yes, 15KG luggage for free included in the cheapest fare of EUR 29.99 O.W. u need to add an administrative fee of 15EUR for the return flight.. will be approx EUR 75 return luggage included..You can book till end
of Oct. 2015 (end of S15 schedule) I do not think that the flights are seasonal, that is not how they were announced. I did not hear them mention seasonal routes or flights.. Anyone knows more? My bet is that they will increase frequencies..
Thanks.
In future a route to NAP could be good. In Antwerpen live many people from Napoli, infact we know Anversa (Antwerpen in flamish ) like Aversa( small town closer to Napoli).
Would be sure pax from Ein (Transavia) and Bru ( U2).