Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

I don't have any problem with that, Sean. Ryanair is a master in picking up every possible subsidy in order to improve its balance sheet, and other airlines should take that as an example of intelligent management.
André
ex Sabena #26567

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

DutchNL wrote:And tomorrow press conference with MOL at AMS.
I've found this article , but it is in Dutch. Can somebody translate it please? http://www.zakenreisnieuws.nl/nieuws/ca ... p-schiphol

Would be interested what MOL said about Lelystad too.
Thanks

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

MrG4 wrote: I've found this article , but it is in Dutch. Can somebody translate it please? http://www.zakenreisnieuws.nl/nieuws/ca ... p-schiphol

Thanks
Key points:
- No base at AMS for now, only Dublin (4 daily) this winter, they expect about 450,000 pax on the Dublin route (the article says half a million, but others specify on 450,000)
- More destinations such as Madrid, London, Barcelona and Rome (also read Milaan somewhere else) could be added as soon as 2016
- FR aims for high frequency operations at AMS
- Not sure yet if they will use the LCC H-pier (which would be a big slap in the face of Transavia, which has been asking to use the pier for years)
- He says the flights will deliver 375 jobs, 30-50 more if they open a base
- Some random FR updates: new app, new uniforms, etc.
- He didn't say much about Lelystad, he said it's all unclear at this point. Before Kenny Jacobs said FR could potentially fly from both airports
- To end he talked about KLM, that they will be forced to shrink EU network, should think about working with the LCCs to feed their intercontinental network and even implied (also not in this article) that FR could take over KLM from Air France (or the holding company) :p

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

RoMax wrote:
MrG4 wrote: I've found this article , but it is in Dutch. Can somebody translate it please? http://www.zakenreisnieuws.nl/nieuws/ca ... p-schiphol

Thanks
Key points:
- No base at AMS for now, only Dublin (4 daily) this winter, they expect about 450,000 pax on the Dublin route (the article says half a million, but others specify on 450,000)
- More destinations such as Madrid, London, Barcelona and Rome (also read Milaan somewhere else) could be added as soon as 2016
- FR aims for high frequency operations at AMS
- Not sure yet if they will use the LCC H-pier (which would be a big slap in the face of Transavia, which has been asking to use the pier for years)
- He says the flights will deliver 375 jobs, 30-50 more if they open a base
- Some random FR updates: new app, new uniforms, etc.
- He didn't say much about Lelystad, he said it's all unclear at this point. Before Kenny Jacobs said FR could potentially fly from both airports
- To end he talked about KLM, that they will be forced to shrink EU network, should think about working with the LCCs to feed their intercontinental network and even implied (also not in this article) that FR could take over KLM from Air France (or the holding company) :p
Thanks

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Tonight in “Z Today”, a daily news program on RTL tv (the Netherlands):

"...Studioverslaggever Eelco Hiltermann heeft een brief in handen die Ryanair naar piloten stuurt, die teveel brandstof verbruiken. In deze brief wordt een specifieke piloot gewaarschuwd dat hij bij de onderste 20% hoort, en dus volgens de normen teveel tankt. Saillant: topman O'Leary ontkende vandaag voor onze camera het bestaan van zulke brieven...."

Translated: Our reporter Eelco Hiltermann shows a letter that Ryanair HQ has sent to pilots who use too much fuel. In this letter, one specific pilot is warned that he’s with the 20% worst fuel consumers, and therefore uses too much fuel. We show this letter tonight, but strangely enough O’Leary today told us on camera that such letters do not exist.

Source:
http://www.rtlz.nl/tv/aankondigingen/18 ... onder-druk

Z-Today:
http://www.rtlz.nl/programma/z-today

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Because these letters dont exist indeed. Fuel UPLOAD is never under discussion

The KLM lobbyists are on fire. Protectionism at its best ;)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair on Wednesday unveiled a new route from Larnaca to Brussels (Zaventem), to operate twice a week starting in January.
Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said the new route will be available on Mondays and Fridays, and is designed to serve businessmen and government officials. The flights will offer 750 seats per week, and are scheduled to commence on January 18. Ryanair also announced special fares starting at €19.99 for the flight, available until midnight Thursday.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... -schedule/
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Operating twice a week and offering 750 seats per week? On WHAT aircraft type?
Or is this another illustration of "creative accountancy"?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair on Wednesday unveiled a new route from Larnaca to Brussels (Zaventem), to operate twice a week starting in January. Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said the new route will be available on Mondays and Fridays, and is designed to serve businessmen and government officials.
I like this sense of humor: two flights per week, "designed to service businessmen and government officials". Sure, the businessmen/women will love it: a business trip to Larnaca: leave on a Monday, first possible return is Friday. Or leave on a Friday and do your business there during the weekend...

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Operating twice a week and offering 750 seats per week? On WHAT aircraft type?
Or is this another illustration of "creative accountancy"?

And here we go again. B737-800 means 189 seats x 4 legs = 756 ;)

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

oopsie! They're really going to sell tickets both ways, are they! They outwitted me there, I must admit.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair on Wednesday unveiled a new route from Larnaca to Brussels (Zaventem), to operate twice a week starting in January. Ryanair’s Chief Commercial Officer David O’Brien said the new route will be available on Mondays and Fridays, and is designed to serve businessmen and government officials.
I like this sense of humor: two flights per week, "designed to service businessmen and government officials". Sure, the businessmen/women will love it: a business trip to Larnaca: leave on a Monday, first possible return is Friday. Or leave on a Friday and do your business there during the weekend...
Exactly right, that's what EU officials do, arrive on monday and return on friday ;) the business trip it TO Brussels btw ;)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair chief executive, Michael O’Leary, expects that the Irish airline will be operating one in four European short haul flights within the next decade as it increases passenger numbers to 160 million a-year.

The continent’s biggest travel market, Germany, will play a big part in the expansion.

Ryanair has said on several occasions that it plans to grow its share of that market to 20 per cent from 5 per cent as rivals such as Lufthansa, AirBerlin and German Wings retreat.

Bookings on its recently-launched Cologne -Berlin route have been “phenomenal”, according to its chief executive.

Merrion Stockbrokers’ analyst, David Holohan, noted that Germany holds part of the key to the airline’s growth plans. “If they can crack Germany, then it’s doable,” he said. “Given the size of the fleet that they will be running, that should be readily achievable in 10 years.”

Ryanair returned to the German domestic market on 3-Sep-2015, after a four year absence. Its Cologne/Bonn-Berlin service, on the largest domestic city pair outside Frankfurt and Munich, is an advance party ahead of an onslaught that will increase its seat capacity in Germany by more than 40% this winter, when it will launch eight new international routes.

This follows a capacity increase in Germany of more than 10% this summer, when five new routes took its German total to 171 for the season (source: OAG). By comparison, Lufthansa has 203 intra-Europe routes (of which 27 are domestic), Germanwings has 276 (25 domestic) and airberlin has 271 (31 domestic).

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is to open five new routes for summer 2016 from Belgium, announced its CEO Michael O'Leary Wednesday at a press conference in Brussels. The company aims to surpass the 8 million passengers transported from Belgium.
From Zaventem, three new routes will be opened in the summer of 2016: Berlin (Germany), Bratislava (Slovakia) and Larnaca (Cyprus).
Two new routes are planned from Charleroi : Copenhagen (Denmark) and Verona (Italy).
Several routes will also be strengthened: Edinburgh and Prague from Charleroi and Barcelona, ​​Dublin, Malaga and Rome from Zaventem.
The airline will total 90 routes departing from Belgium.

"We aim to carry 8.1 million passengers in 2016," Mr O'Leary said. "Our ambition is to increase the number of routes to the attention of business passengers."

The CEO said that the number of passengers from Charleroi was rising again after a year of decline following the implantation in Zaventem. "We expected faster growth in Zaventem," said he also confessed, adding that relations with Brussels Airport are good.

Extracted and Google translated from :
http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... f19ed4adf8

Stij

Post by Stij »

Will VRN be continued from BRU?

Cheers,

Stij

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Stij wrote:Will VRN be continued from BRU?
No, VRN is transferred to CRL.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Stij

Post by Stij »

Bad news...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

airazurxtror wrote:Ryanair is to open five new routes for summer 2016 from Belgium, announced its CEO Michael O'Leary Wednesday at a press conference in Brussels.
I was at the press conference. The only real news is the new route from Brussels to Bratislava and the transfer of the Verona route from Brussels to Charleroi. Additionally, some routes from Brussels (BCN, DUB, FCO, AGP) and from Charleroi (EDI, PRG) will see an increased frequency.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... -schedule/

On other items:
  • Brussels-Larnaca is not opened under the "Public Service Obligation", but without any subsidies.
  • FR is in talks with BA, EI and TP to provide feeding flights to their long-haul networks (and proposes to do the same with SN).
  • There will not be many additional routes from BRU because of the limited number of positions available for FR.
  • 27% of the FR passengers travel on business, and among them 10% take the business package.
In the press you might see pictures of MOL taking off his shoes and showing his pink socks!
IMG_0662.JPG
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Charleroi-Verona has been flown in the past - at the very least in the winter 2010-2011 : I had a CRL-VRN in November 2010 and a VRN-CRL in February 2011.

Stij

Post by Stij »

I know, and back then I made a lot of round trips as the pkane flew to Germany and back before returning to CRL.

But for me the routing BRU TSF in the morning VRN BRU int the evening absolutely fabulous!

Cheers,

Stij

Cheers,

Stij