Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:passengers arrive at the boarding gate and ASK THEMSELVES for their bag to be tagged and loaded into the hold, thus having their bag checked in for free. Passengers that REALLY want their bag with them buy priority, a premium seat or business plus.
allow me to analytically dissect what you just said there:

With the the new baggage policy, customers often have a choice between:
1- no more cabin luggage for their standard fare
2- pay higher fares for their cabin luggage

while I agree with you the focus of the turnaround plan in the wake of the heavy financial losses encurred during the course of 2013 is indeed on having people pay more money for the same service (or in case they are unwilling, give them less service for their money), I am not sure any of your managers is going to be willing to undo it from the commercial smarttalk it carefully got wrapped in as you just did?
The product improvement program is indeed a revenues increasing program which is an empty box whenever those revenues are not willing to be forked out by the customer, as others like flanker2 have already noticed in the past too.

danieln

Post by danieln »

For one reason or another, I think that this whole luggage discussion gets very boring. And childish as well.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

My opinion, too.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

MrG4 wrote:Press in Malpensa on the 2nd of September.
Rumors: Stn (3 daily), Mad (daily) and Nap (daily).
Mxp and Nap are new entries
Press conference 2 September at Excelsior Hotel Gallia in Milan. We'll see... (I won't be there this time!).

About the Orio al Serio airport (the current large Ryanair base), it might be merged with SEA which handles Linate and Malpensa: this would remove the competition problem.

http://www.missionline.it/news/dettaglio.aspx?i=1834
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

L’opinione diffusa era che le rotte sarebbero state tre: una, oggi confermata, Londra Stansted, piuttosto scontata dato che si tratta del quartier generale della compagnia irlandese in Gran Bretagna da cui partono velivoli diretti verso oltre cento destinazioni. La seconda sarebbe stata la capitale spagnola Madrid, la terza Napoli.
Saranno invece Bucarest, Ragusa e Siviglia gli aeroporti da collegare con il Terminal 1 dello scalo varesino.

According to
http://milano.corriere.it/notizie/crona ... resh_ce-cp
the routes to be flown from Milano Malpensa will be London Stansted, Bucarest, Ragusa-Comiso and Sevilla.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:
sean1982 wrote:passengers arrive at the boarding gate and ASK THEMSELVES for their bag to be tagged and loaded into the hold, thus having their bag checked in for free. Passengers that REALLY want their bag with them buy priority, a premium seat or business plus.

while I agree with you the focus of the turnaround plan in the wake of the heavy financial losses encurred during the course of 2013 is indeed on having people pay more money for the same service (or in case they are unwilling, give them less service for their money), I am not sure any of your managers is going to be willing to undo it from the commercial smarttalk it carefully got wrapped in as you just did?
The product improvement program is indeed a revenues increasing program which is an empty box whenever those revenues are not willing to be forked out by the customer, as others like flanker2 have already noticed in the past too.
Let me analytically dissect this post: het raakt kant nog wal :D

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

I think all that could have been said on that particular topic, has been said.

Move on, gentlemen.
Thomas

UAE777

Post by UAE777 »

sean1982 wrote:
Inquirer wrote:

Actually, he hits the nail on its head Sean, and it really isn't the first time I saw him do this.
No idea who this guy really is, but he seems to be able to look through the usual promotional big talk of MOL and the other gang members fairly well and focus on the sad reality at their regional airline.
You on the other hand are unable to look beyond it, so you keep singing to the company tune until they finally change it and then you sing the new one just as happily, just like a parrot.
One personal advice: Try to have worked for a real airline once in your life; you'll look back upon your ryanair episode as if it was just another stupid student job like flipping burgers at Burger King, because that's about the level you have to situate ryanair at: don't pretent you even have a clue on how real airlines do it all. Your eyes would pop out of your head when you'd see the framework surrounding their operations versus what we were used to at MOL's place.

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

sn26567 wrote:
MrG4 wrote:Press in Malpensa on the 2nd of September.
Rumors: Stn (3 daily), Mad (daily) and Nap (daily).
Mxp and Nap are new entries
Press conference 2 September at Excelsior Hotel Gallia in Milan. We'll see... (I won't be there this time!).

About the Orio al Serio airport (the current large Ryanair base), it might be merged with SEA which handles Linate and Malpensa: this would remove the competition problem.

http://www.missionline.it/news/dettaglio.aspx?i=1834
Also press conference at Comiso airport at 11:30 as well. Do you prefer to go there and have some rest on the beach :)?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

UAE777 wrote:
Inquirer wrote: allow me to analytically dissect what you just said there:

Actually, he hits the nail on its head Sean, and it really isn't the first time I saw him do this.
No idea who this guy really is, but he seems to be able to look through the usual promotional big talk of MOL and the other gang members fairly well and focus on the sad reality at their regional airline.
You on the other hand are unable to look beyond it, so you keep singing to the company tune until they finally change it and then you sing the new one just as happily, just like a parrot.
One personal advice: Try to have worked for a real airline once in your life; you'll look back upon your ryanair episode as if it was just another stupid student job like flipping burgers at Burger King, because that's about the level you have to situate ryanair at: don't pretent you even have a clue on how real airlines do it all. Your eyes would pop out of your head when you'd see the framework surrounding their operations versus what we were used to at MOL's place.
Actually he doesnt :) and unlike yourselve mister emirates, I dont suffer the "look mine is bigger" syndrome. :)
Do you also work monday to friday?
Do you also live close to your family and friend
Do you also have the possibility to have every christmas and new year off?
Can you also sleep next to your partner every night?

Do I have to keep going? ;)

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

sean1982 wrote: Do I have to keep going? ;)
No, you don't.
Thomas

Stij

Post by Stij »

If you guys don't stop provoking each other / reacting to provocations, a few topics will be closed and a few warnings sent.

Final warning.

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Sunday, 30 August 2015
EI-FIT B737-8AS Ryanair First Flight
L/N 5568 C/N 44703 B737-8AS EI-FIT RYANAIR
Leased from Aviation Finance and Leasing S.à.r.l.
Dep RNT 11:59 PDT Arr BFI 14:01 PDT via PAE
Call Sign BOE684 Hex Code 4CA588
Aircraft was painted at Renton

http://boeing-test-flights.blogspot.ie/ ... light.html

At long last : one more to arrive soon ....

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

According to De Tijd, ryanair is considering Amsterdam as a new airport in a move that would copy Easyjet.

De Tijd does not expect this to have a meaningful impact on the Belgian market as Amsterdam is too far away to attract many Belgian holiday makers for just a small potential price difference, especially not given the already much larger offer of attractively priced flights from the many nearby airports of BRU, CRL and Eindhoven.

It notes however that the move is yet another indirect proof that ryanair has cooled down a lot over its initially very ambitious plans at BRU and now gives priority to other airports, something which already got noticed here some time ago. The reason being it simply can not make many routes work from the current platform, dixit themselves.

Finally, the article mentions the combined passenger numbers over 2015 to be around 7M for Belgium, in line with previous estimates based on the numbers published by BRU and estimated at CRL, and thus far below the expected numbers announced publically by the airline itself at the start of the year.

http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/luchtvaar ... 9-3085.art

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Another change of schedule for the flights to Copenhagen ... both of them are now to be flown by a Charleroi-based aircraft :

CRL 07.05 - CPH 08.35/09.00 - CRL 10.30
CRL 19.05 - CPH 20.35/21.00 - CRL 22.45

More than twelve hours between landing and take-off on a day trip !

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Inquirer wrote: Finally, the article mentions the combined passenger numbers over 2015 to be around 7M for Belgium (...) far below the expected numbers announced publically by the airline itself at the start of the year.
Not far below, but quite in line - here is the report by sn26567 of a Ryanair press conference, dated 3 february 04.00 pm (see above, page 5 of this topic) :

Altogether, Ryanair expects more than 7 million passengers in Belgium for 2015, thus becoming the number one airline in the country before Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

airazurxtror wrote:
Inquirer wrote: Finally, the article mentions the combined passenger numbers over 2015 to be around 7M for Belgium (...) far below the expected numbers announced publically by the airline itself at the start of the year.
Not far below, but quite in line - here is the report by sn26567 of a Ryanair press conference, dated 3 february (see above, in this topic) :

Altogether, Ryanair expects more than 7 million passengers in Belgium for 2015, thus becoming the number one airline in the country before Brussels Airlines and Jetairfly.

Indeed, yet when it became obvious Brussels Airlines would be repeating their growth figures of last year and would comfortably clock off well above that figure of 7M (meaning the second part of your quote would once again not materialize), subsequent public remarks and public source slides from them used at repeat press conferences suddenly started showing a figure of 8M to keep the claim standing, something which intrigued me as a statistician as their monthly growth curves released by BRU and derived from CRL did not hint at such and in fact they still don't support the later figure to be reached by the end of DEC.
The only explanation one can come up with is that "2015" now means at the very least the "fiscal year 2015", this including a significant portion of 2016, but then of course I am again not sure just 8M will suffice to support the claim, if be.air does it all over once more in calendar 2016.
Amazing how they have been struggling to come out on top in passenger count figures for several years in a row now, despite operating from 2 Belgian airports and adding to that significant passenger figures from many other foreign bases. Quite telling about the overall boom at BRU over the past couple of years which almost nobody saw coming, clearly also not ryanair.

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

From the Indipendent Twitter account:

@ryanair to confirm plans of a significant expansion of services from @DublinAirport at event on Thursday. Tourism Minister to attend.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A devastating study of the "organisational behaviour of Ryanair and its impact" in the Journal of Contemporary Management: http://www.bapress.ca/jcm/jcm-article/1 ... -73-11.pdf

This study is to evaluate the organisational behaviour issues that are faced by one of the most profitable European airlines, which is Ryanair, that could lead the airline to a negative market trend in the future.

It will be evaluated the “autocratic control approach” adopted by the management, lack of motivation and stress of the employees, because of working conditions and relationships, bringing to a staff turnover; And finally organisational culture within Ryanair will be analysed.

Conclusion
Ryanair has a dominant position in the low-cost airline industry, however the company is facing many issues which could lead to loose in attractiveness in the future either as employer for whom is seeking for a job or as air transport provider for the customers.

Although the Irish airline has the highest net profit among the low-cost carriers in Europe, it is unlikely to keep obtaining good results in the future whether it does not change this organisational approach.

Autocratic management, lack of motivation and stress, turnover staff and weak culture were analysed through the application of different models and recommendations were provided in order to improve Ryanair’s current organisational situation.

With regard to some ethical considerations, in this study it has not been utilised any parameter to judge the Ryanair’s management and such company has been analysed with the only objective to understand the behavioural dynamics within the organisation.
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair will be opening a base at Schiphol airport this winter. The airline’s initial plan is for about 10 flights per day.

Sources close to the Irish airline confirmed this to the Telegraaf late on Monday. The decision will be officially announced in the coming weeks. Ryanair is currently active in the Netherlands only on Eindhoven airport.

Ryanair was awarded so-called landing slots at Schiphol for the winter season, which starts on October 25th. The airline had until Monday, August 31st, to decide whether or not they will actually use them.

http://www.nltimes.nl/2015/09/01/ryanai ... -schiphol/