Ryanair in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Re: Ryanair in 2015

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is due to report full-year results tomorrow.
The airline raised its full-year profit guidance for a fifth time earlier this year, and is guiding profits of €840-€850 million.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair spokesman Robin Kiely said:

"Ryanair is celebrating a record week in Denmark with bookings up 45 percent, thanks to all of the free publicity generated by Mayor Frank Jensen. We have also received over 100 applications from Danish pilots wanting to join Ryanair and earn salaries of over 1.1m DKK per annum."

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Airazurxtor wrote:The airline raised its full-year profit guidance for a fifth time earlier this year, and is guiding profits of €840-€850 million.
Well, with the high fares they are charging now, it's no wonder that their profits are up.
But charma is a b*tch, and FR is opening up the market for new LCC's while making their loyal customer base reconsider their options.

I haven't flown a legacy airline intra-EU since over 5 years as I could always count on FR to offer me a reasonable fare as long as I booked well in advance, but this summer things are going to change.
I'm using FR with a 2 hour connection for 45 Euro's instead of 230 Euro's direct which was on there since February/March, and AZ from there on, for 2 returns. With some miles I got on longhaul trips to use on the AZ Cash&Miles and the 30 Euro's return I save on train + bus, my trip cost is reduced by 40% while my convenience is doubled. Better schedule at origin and destination for better personal convenience and better schedule for public transportation at destination, free checked luggage, free drinks on board. Overall, the value is 4 times higher.

IMO I must not be the only one to be confronted with this new reality and while FR will make a quick buck this year, they will be confronted with their own new reality the next and coming years.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair have appreciably raised their fares, that is a fact.
One or two years ago, one could find quite a choice of tickets at less than 10 euros, sometimes even at less than 5. Nowadays, there are not many returns priced at less than 50 euros ...
Mais où sont les neiges d'antan ?
That said, the competitors have also raised their fares, even if not in the same proportion as Ryanair.

As you say, FR is perhaps opening up the market for new LCC's - I, for one, was perfectly happy with the much cheaper "hard" FR of previously.
Last edited by airazurxtror on 25 May 2015, 20:14, edited 1 time in total.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

[[perhaps off-topic]] Would it be pure coincidence that I observed solid price increases with another famous low-coster, albeit in a very different market - ALDI ? They too can't be really called low-cost, these days.

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

Ryanair becomes more expensive, but some cheap fares can still be found. CRL - Warsaw Modlin return: 14.68, BRU(!) - Dublin 22.48 return, EIN - Turin 22.25 Euro return, etc. etc. Prices can be found in June.

ticketbuyer

Post by ticketbuyer »

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... 7-million/

Ryanair reports net profit for the year to the end of March rose 66% to €867m. Passenger traffic was up 11% to 90.6 million customers, while total revenue rose 12% to more than €5.6bn.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair reported a record full-year profit on Tuesday, but warned of an intensifying fare war across Europe in the coming months as lower oil prices help to reduce operating costs for many of its full-service rivals.
Ryanair said its net profit jumped 66 percent in the year to March 31, to 867 million euros from €523 million a year earlier. Sales increased 12 percent to nearly €5.7 billion as annual passenger traffic climbed to nearly 91 million, up from 82 million a year earlier.

Michael O’Leary, Ryanair’s chief executive, said the carrier was on course to carry more than 100 million passengers this year as it reaps the benefits of a series of new initiatives aimed at helping to shed a reputation for gruff and inflexible service.
However, Mr. O’Leary conceded that competition with rival airlines remained intense. He cautioned that while passenger traffic was expected to increase roughly 10 percent this year, Ryanair’s revenue per passenger could slip around 2 percentage points because of “some irrational pricing response from competitors.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/05/27/busin ... .html?_r=0

Full report :

http://investor.ryanair.com/wp-content/ ... esults.pdf
Last edited by airazurxtror on 27 May 2015, 19:38, edited 1 time in total.

ticketbuyer

Post by ticketbuyer »

There's an interesting article about Ryanair on CAPA today
http://centreforaviation.com/analysis/r ... wth-226531

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The chief executive of IAG, the parent of British Airways and Iberia, is close to securing control of Aer Lingus after the Irish government agreed to sell its own shareholding in the former flag carrier to the group. However, Ryanair remains a potential barrier to the takeover through its near 30% stake in Aer Lingus.
Walsh said on Wednesday that IAG would make a formal offer within the next 28 days for Ryanair’s shareholding and he did not expect the low-cost airline to stand in the way of a deal.

“I expect Ryanair to behave in a rational way, they are a well-run business with proper corporate governance in place,” he said. IAG is offering Aer Lingus shareholders €2.55 in cash per share, under the proposed deal backed by the airliner’s management but disputed by trade unions and opposition parties in Ireland.

Ryanair, which has been ordered to sell down its Aer Lingus stake by the UK competition authority, said: “Our position has not changed. The board of Ryanair has yet to receive any offer, and will consider any offer on its merits, if and when an offer is made.”

http://www.theguardian.com/business/201 ... ay-of-deal

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair executives have previously said there are three airports in Europe that the airline won't use because costs there are too high, and because congestion makes it too difficult to achieve its set-in-stone 25-minute aircraft turnaround.
Those airports are Heathrow, Charles de Gaulle and Frankfurt.
But it has also indicted that if the right prices were available, it would consider Charles de Gaulle, for instance.
"We have been talking to Charles de Gaulle," said Ryanair's chief commercial officer, David O'Brien. "There is no u-turn that we won't execute. It's an expensive place, it's a complicated place. We talk to all airports."
He claimed that one in three of all new European short-haul passengers in years to come will be Ryanair passengers and that increased the incentive for airports all over Europe to attract the airline's services.

http://www.independent.ie/business/iris ... 56508.html

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair chief executive Michael O’Leary and his colleagues are meeting investors in Europe and north America. It is understood that institutional shareholders have been pressing them on the likely response to IAG, whose €2.55-a-share offer for Aer Lingus values Ryanair’s 29.8 per cent stake at €410 million. Those backers are thought likely to favour a sale.

The price allows the company recover the money it spent buying the 160 million Aer Lingus shares in the first place. If the IAG offer were to fail for any reason, it would leave Ryanair facing the prospect of being forced by the UK Competition and Markets’ Authority to sell most of its holding for far less than the current offer.

According to their most recent annual reports, Ryanair and IAG have three large shareholders in common. US-based Capital Research and Management, Ryanair’s biggest investor with 16.6 per cent, owns 5 per cent of IAG. Standard Life, IAG’s second-biggest backer with just over 5 per cent, holds 3.2 per cent of Ryanair. Blackrock owns around 5 per cent of both.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/tran ... -1.2229993

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The Belgian Social Inspection visits Ryanair in Charleroi

Coincidence? A week before the retrial of the case between the Irish company Ryanair and six of its former employees, the Belgian Social Inspection landed in the "crew room" of the Irish company in Charleroi. "This news could well influence the decision of the Labour Court," said the CNE union, which reveals the information.

Remember, on November 4, 2013, the court of Charleroi had invoked a lack of clear evidence that Ryanair is actually established in Charleroi Airport and therefore declared the Belgian courts incompetent to try the case. Following this decision, CNE, which supports the six employees, decided to appeal to the Labour Court. The trial is expected this Friday, June 5.

"The visit of the Social Inspection could bring evidence that the principal workplace of our affiliates is actually in Charleroi. If this is the case, the Belgian courts could then rule on the substantive issue of the case, namely the application of the Belgian labour law for employees of the Irish company who begin and end their work day in Charleroi," enthuses Yves Lambot, the CNE staff in charge of the case.

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... b01c894341
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sn26567 wrote:The Belgian Social Inspection visits Ryanair in Charleroi

Coincidence? A week before the retrial of the case between the Irish company Ryanair and six of its former employees, the Belgian Social Inspection landed in the "crew room" of the Irish company in Charleroi. "This news could well influence the decision of the Labour Court," said the CNE union, which reveals the information.

Remember, on November 4, 2013, the court of Charleroi had invoked a lack of clear evidence that Ryanair is actually established in Charleroi Airport and therefore declared the Belgian courts incompetent to try the case. Following this decision, CNE, which supports the six employees, decided to appeal to the Labour Court. The trial is expected this Friday, June 5.

"The visit of the Social Inspection could bring evidence that the principal workplace of our affiliates is actually in Charleroi. If this is the case, the Belgian courts could then rule on the substantive issue of the case, namely the application of the Belgian labour law for employees of the Irish company who begin and end their work day in Charleroi," enthuses Yves Lambot, the CNE staff in charge of the case.

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... b01c894341
No coincidence: the Social Inspection was at Charleroi to investigate "a serious incident" at G4S Charleroi. And because they were there, they also went to Ryanair.

Source : De Standaard:
http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20150530_01706143

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

Ryanair abandons plans to acquire cypriot Aoc
http://m.atwonline.com/finance-data/rya ... ypriot-aoc

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair today (3 Jun) released customer and load factor statistics for May as follows:
- Traffic grew 16% to 9.5m customers.
- Load factor rose 7% points to 92%.
- Rolling annual traffic to May grew 13% to 93.1m customers.

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... 3xICo.dpuf

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Ryanair's handling agent at Madrid (Barajas) is on strike since last Saturday, making it impossible to load/offload checked luggage. The unions have called an open-ended strike, "...because of Ryanair's plans to slash their salaries by 20-30 percent, as well as several other issues such as changes to shift patterns, holiday leave and lack of adequate safety equipment..."

Ryanair told via its Twitter account that as of Monday, June 1st, the airline is only accepting hand luggage.

There are news reports that the strike won't be solved soon because Ryanair refuses to talk to the unions.

http://www.thelocal.es/20150601/ryanair ... rom-madrid

http://inspanje.nl/algemeen/8264/gedoe- ... en-madrid/

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Speaking at the Connect 2015 conference in Killarney, Ireland, CMO Kenny Jacobs said Ryanair is actively considering a number of initiatives under its Always Getting Better (AGB) customer service turnaround. One of these is the low-cost carrier kryptonite of connecting traffic.
“I’d be quite surprised, looking at the next five years, if ourselves and probably easyJet aren’t feeding traffic into connections,” Jacobs said. “It has many implications and we are looking through them, just trying to understand what the different versions of that are.”
“It is an interesting area. More and more airports are asking us about it and I think it’s an obvious evolution in the market place,” Jacobs said.
He identified a potential opportunity at London Stansted, which has 170-180 onward European destinations including around 150 operated by Ryanair, but he said similar potential could exist at other European airports. If a large transatlantic carrier did decent-scale landing at Stansted, is that a connections opportunity that we’d be interested in talking in talking to Stansted and the transatlantic carrier about? Absolutely.”

Kenny Jacobs gave the strongest indication yet that Ryanair will install Wi-Fi connectivity on its Boeing 737 fleet.
“Wi-Fi will probably be introduced in two years’ time,” Jacobs said. He added that Ryanair may commercialize Wi-Fi by partnering with consumer brands and using advanced passenger segmentation to target that advertising to business travelers, families or holiday makers.
Jacobs said Ryanair has identified around 25 different segments of travelers, based on their travel, digital and ancillary revenue habits. “It’s a really interesting way to engage with customers in a more interesting and targeted way, beyond inflight magazines,” he said, shifting onboard shopping from perfume and chocolates to, for example, grocery shopping.

http://atwonline.com/ife/ryanair-eyes-w ... ly+News%29

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:Speaking at the Connect 2015 conference in Killarney, Ireland, CMO Kenny Jacobs said Ryanair is actively considering a number of initiatives under its Always Getting Better (AGB) customer service turnaround.
Customer service turnaround?? The daily proof of the contrary can be read here:
http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/ryan.htm