Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2015

Post by sn26567 »

Thomas Cook Belgium to use Brussels Airlines metal in 2015

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium will wet-lease in additional A319 and A320 capacity from fellow Belgian operator, Brussels Airlines, during the course of Summer 2015 ch-aviation can exclusively reveal.

Sources state the arrangement will initially entail one A319 being used for Saturday operations during the month of April before graduating to a capacity equal to two aircraft per day during the August high season for example.

The aircraft will primarily be used on Thomas Cook' growing network of Mediterranean leisure destinations.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2015

Post by Inquirer »

This year, they already operated 2 planes for them, right?
So that makes 4 planes next year: quite a close collaboration.
Thomas clock seems to have opted for a different model than Jetairfly.
Does this mean Brussels Airlines will have to add planes?

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

Inquirer wrote:Does this mean Brussels Airlines will have to add planes?
Sn flies a lot less to their normal destinations in July and August, so they have extra capacity available.
It reduces the available summer leave for crew however and F/O´s will have to be careful with HQ callsigns. :evil:

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Next year, SN will indeed operate more flights than ever before and transport even more passengers than this year: for that purpose it is planning to add yet another A319 as well as an A320 to its fleet as from spring, increasing the fleet size to 25 Airbus A32F. ;)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

tolipanebas wrote:Next year, SN will indeed operate more flights than ever before and transport even more passengers than this year: for that purpose it is planning to add yet another A319 as well as an A320 to its fleet as from spring, increasing the fleet size to 25 Airbus A32F. ;)
So that is 3 more than at this moment, and since 3 avro's are leaving, it would be the replacement of those 3 so no extra addition...

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

OO-ITR wrote:
tolipanebas wrote:Next year, SN will indeed operate more flights than ever before and transport even more passengers than this year: for that purpose it is planning to add yet another A319 as well as an A320 to its fleet as from spring, increasing the fleet size to 25 Airbus A32F. ;)
So that is 3 more than at this moment, and since 3 avro's are leaving, it would be the replacement of those 3 so no extra addition...
They seem to continue to roll over the RJs into Airbus planes, but since these are a fair bit bigger planes, it's still a considerable capacity increase. Of course, as of lately they do not seem to be having much problems filling them, which is good (unless you look for car parking at Brussels... :twisted:)

Are these planes going to operate in Thomas Cook colours, or the normal Brussels colours?

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

So it seems that if you want to go comfortable on an package deal vacation you'll need to shop by Thomas Cook iso Jetair. Quite a big difference in comfort, 30 inch seatpitch vs 32" and slim seats... Way better then the JAF planes... Ofcourse you'll need to choose your destination carefully since they'll use other companies and own planes to, but still... IMHO a nice advantage for TC.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

In the meantime OO-TCI has received a new registration and was spotted in SNN in full Air Canada colors as C-FGKH.

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

And C-FGJI (ex OO-TCJ) is on his way to Canada as well with an intermediate stop in KEF.

Avroflyer

Post by Avroflyer »

Does anyone overhere has any idea what the fleet size of HQ will be in summer '15?

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

5 A320's and 1 A319.
OO-TCQ will leave the fleet and 4 A320's from condor/Thomas Cook Scandinavia will be phased-in during spring.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

EBAW_flyer wrote:4 A320's from condor/Thomas Cook Scandinavia will be phased-in during spring.
So A319 OO-TCS, A320 OO-TCH + 4 "new" 320's? Will they all have the new cabin interior before they arrive or are the refurbished afterwards?

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

The new cabin will allready be installed. 3 are coming march-april and 1 in june.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

D-AICK and D-AICN were ferried to SNN for repaint in TCAB colours today and yesterday.

Stij

Post by Stij »

I'm wondering why Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium still exists...

If they would be integrated into SN, I think the fleet would be better used and both tourists and business pax would fly more when they wanted. On top of that, an overhead organization less...

They could offer more tourist weekend flights as SN has spare aircraft over the weekend plus comfortable lunchtime rotations for tourists and morning and evening rotations for business pax during the week. More people could fly when it's most convenient for them...

I know Brussels Airlines operates already a couple of aircraft for TCAB this way, but why not 100%?

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. I hope I didn't make anybody at TCBA angry! ;-)

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Stij wrote:I'm wondering why Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium still exists...

If they would be integrated into SN, I think the fleet would be better used and both tourists and business pax would fly more when they wanted. On top of that, an overhead organization less...

They could offer more tourist weekend flights as SN has spare aircraft over the weekend plus comfortable lunchtime rotations for tourists and morning and evening rotations for business pax during the week. More people could fly when it's most convenient for them...

I know Brussels Airlines operates already a couple of aircraft for TCAB this way, but why not 100%?

Cheers,

Stij

P.S. I hope I didn't make anybody at TCBA angry! ;-)
Hello

You also need crew for the spare aircraft and all charter flights leave at a horrible time (Not only TCAB)
And also spare aircraft at Brussels Airlines is rare. Because they are on the ground, doesn't mean they are spare but because of maintenance.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

sdbelgium wrote:D-AICK and D-AICN were ferried to SNN for repaint in TCAB colours today and yesterday.
Are the future regs already known?

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

Airbus A330 wrote:
sdbelgium wrote:D-AICK and D-AICN were ferried to SNN for repaint in TCAB colours today and yesterday.
Are the future regs already known?

I think they follow the alphabet following availabilities, so it should be "OO-TCT,OO-TCV,OO-TCW,OO-TCX, etc ...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

The first A320 of Thomas Cook Airlines UK to be painted in new livery has just emerged from the East Midlands Airport paint shop. Difficult to distinguish it from its Belgian counterpart, except with the registration!

André
ex Sabena #26567

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

When will the OO-TCQ leave the fleet and go to Brussels Airlines?