VLM Airlines news 2014-2015

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: VLM Airlines taken over by management, buys SSJ100 aircraft

Post by sn26567 »

Antwerp-based regional carrier VLM Airlines, which last month launched several new scheduled routes with its Fokker 50 fleet, has announced that the Sukhoi Superjet 100 LR (SSJ100 LR) regional aircraft is to enter service with the airline in Q3 2016.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... n-q3-2016/
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Piloot & Vliegtuig talks about Q3 2015 instead of 2016..? 2016 also seems very late, in 2014 VLM said they would first take the base version and adapt them to LR by Q3 2015 after the expected certification of that version. So now it seems they will take LR version from the start, but another year later?

http://www.pilootenvliegtuig.nl/2015/03 ... omt-later/

an-148

Post by an-148 »

.... maybe earlier (at least the short range version / short = 3050 km !)
did you read this " Alexander Rubtsov, CEO of Ilyushin Finance Co., comments: “ We are still working together to see if there are opportunities within the VLM network to deploy some of the basic version aircraft."

maybe the (very clever) management of VLM will succeed to have some "classic" SSJ for a "friendly price" during the waiting time :-) :-) :-)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

RoMax wrote:Piloot & Vliegtuig talks about Q3 2015 instead of 2016..? 2016 also seems very late, in 2014 VLM said they would first take the base version and adapt them to LR by Q3 2015 after the expected certification of that version. So now it seems they will take LR version from the start, but another year later?

http://www.pilootenvliegtuig.nl/2015/03 ... omt-later/
Travel Magazine reports it's 2016.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

My information about Q3 2016 comes from VLM itself, hence I think it is reliable ;)
André
ex Sabena #26567

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

That's good news
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

That's quite a last minute delay then.
Weren't they supposed to be taking possesion of the first plane somewhere around this time now?
They aren't very much details about the reasons for the delay other than the technical issues, but it also seems to be linked to the fact that the financing of the deal through the Russian bank VEB has become a lot more complicated since economic sanctions were imposed on Russia.
Wonder if the new target is somehow realistic, or just an elegant way to kick the date out far enough in future?

Boavida

Post by Boavida »

Does anybody know if and when the planes will get their full (blue) livery again?

It looks a bit white at the moment...

Avnu

Post by Avnu »

Boavida wrote:Does anybody know if and when the planes will get their full (blue) livery again?

It looks a bit white at the moment...
Wasn't OO-VLF repainted before the start of the Geneva flights? If so, that would indicate that the white livery is in fact the current one.

koja78

Post by koja78 »

eurowhite is cheaper no?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SSJ100 deliveries to VLM in 3Q 2016: clarification of Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company

Following consultations between Ilyushin Finance Co, Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company and Belgian airline VLM Airlines, under the previously signed Letter of Intent, the parties agreed to postpone for the third quarter of 2016 deliveries of Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft due to the need of certification of the aircraft additional specifications, expanding its capabilities.

By the end of 2015 Sukhoi Civil Aircraft Company, the designer of the Sukhoi Superjet 100, plans to certify the long range version of the Sukhoi Superjet 100 aircraft, requested by VLM Airlines, in EASA. EASA certification is required for the launch of operations of this SSJ100 modification by the airline with an airworthiness certificate issued by the Belgian aviation authorities.

In addition, the designer of the SSJ100 will continue to work on the implementation and certification of the technical solutions for the aircraft, meeting the customer needs. It is expected that a set of measures to enhance the SSJ100 aircraft can be implemented in 2016.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

how do they find trained pilots for these ?
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

cHabu

Post by cHabu »

Usually, if a company ads a new type, pilot training is also part of the deal.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

I can follow when Mr. White says that they want to operate regional airports that LCC's can't operate to. That's something I previously suggested SN should look into with a Europe-wide regional expansion.

But I can't follow when White & co announce several routes out of Liege. They are not Jetair or Thomas Cook who have travel agencies scattered all over the country. This is going to be tough to make work.

I think that they can run an interesting operation out of ANR, by creating a regional transfer hub for high yield travel within Europe. But they need to find some focus, as it's a bit of a mess right now, with a bit of charter, a bit of leisure, and a bit of business.

AAI

Post by AAI »

Totally right
they would better concentrate on ANR
f.e. with an ANR NCE!

VLM_Antwerp

Post by VLM_Antwerp »

VLM opens new routes in Waterford (Ireland). 4x a week to Birmingham and 12x a week to London Luton. When are they going to see the potential in Antwerp Airport instead of opening new routes in Liege, Rotterdam and Waterford? :cry:

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

They go where they beleive the market is...
Ryanair isnt flying only from ireland ;)

But a triangle routing would be nice.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

VLM_Antwerp

Post by VLM_Antwerp »

First of all they need a strong HQ! Afterwards they can start looking for new opportunities. Ryanair first made Dublin a success before going overseas. And please never compare Ryanair with VLM again. ;) haha

liege-bierset

Post by liege-bierset »

VLM_Antwerp wrote:VLM opens new routes in Waterford (Ireland). 4x a week to Birmingham and 12x a week to London Luton. When are they going to see the potential in Antwerp Airport instead of opening new routes in Luik, Rotterdam and Waterford? :cry:
Liège in English is "Liege" and not Luik. ;)