Kleine Brogel Air Force days

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flanker2

Kleine Brogel Air Force days

Post by Flanker2 »

I can' t find any thread on this subject while this event is boasting a very rich program.

Not everyone can afford to spend an entire day there, so I think that it would be appreciated by others as well to put the entire schedule of the flying display:

http://www.belgianairforcedays.be/image ... _13SEP.pdf

Why are the Frecce Tricolori on there twice?

As far as I'm concerned, you can post your nice pictures here as well.

cathay belgium

Re: Kleine Brogel Air Force days

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Frecce Tricolori twice! I saw them already once , training, on friday so I guess some people will see them thrice..

:)

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

I was there on Friday 12th and was curious to see a couple of F16's trying to fly in formation with a plane that was too far to be identified - may have been a Short's Skyvan or such. It was very slow, the F16's had to do all they could to keep up with it. They were rather high, it is always hard to estimate but I should have said 3000' at least - unusual!

Around noon, I also saw (at quite low altitude) a plane that I took for a BAF Embraer.

simulator

Post by simulator »

Short Skyvan is absolutely possible, this aircraft has been used previously by the organisers of e.g. Sanicole Airshow for air-to-air photography...
See http://www.aviation-photocrew.com/?page=academy

Enjoy KB this weekend (not me, working the whole weekend at EBBR :-(

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Here you can find 2 topics of KB with some arrivals & departures of 11&12SEP ( some visitors are still in KB)

11SEP: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54439
12SEP: viewtopic.php?f=21&t=54445

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Was a whole day present at KB, SOLO TURK and AL FURSLAN team were the best shows of the day..
The big known names couldn't reach the level the above..

Nice to see Rafale,Eurofighter,Saab and F18 in real... maybe the Rafale is just what we need and what we could afford haha... The absence of the fifth would exclose them of further biddings haha

Good organisation really... but guess we will have a looooooonnnggg time for the next one ...

CXB

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

CX: Shame I missed the Frecce, did they do a full show in the morning? Was it the full version or did they do a short one? Who puts such a significant team in the morning?

They're much more spectacular than the Red Arrows who ended the show.

In the afternoon I saw how they took off without the solo and went god knows where, then they came back for a break and landing.

Al Fursan looked a lot like a copy-paste and less technical version (much more spacing) of the Frecce. I was not so impressed. It's weird that they were on the same show as the Frecce, as they are essentially trying to get as close to them as possible.

The Rafale was spectacular though. It flew like a Eurofighter and was noisier than the Mig-29. :lol:

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Just had to run to the runway, so I missed a bit of the beginning of the Frecce... :/
They had to adapt their show due to low clouds and visability...
But what I saw was great..
They went to an italian event in brussels in the afternoon for a quick show up and a small show...
What I liked about AL FURSAN was it was the Frecce with more smoke haha

Rafale was great indeed! Didn't see the Eurofighter flying yet...
But it was in my eyes a worth succesor for the F 16 btw did you buy the program book!
Nice commercials for the people inside espescially from Lockheed Martin, a bit too surprised to see it haha
Got a free cap from Rafale, Yeah... announcing buying new jets brings some more gifts for the spotters I guess ..
Red Arrows was nice but in comparison with last time I saw them,15 years ago... pre-Ramstein it was a lot more spectacular... but...safety first... or was it that I was much younger ? ;)

CXB

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Yes, the Rafale showed some muscle today, the best demo of the type I've seen so far. The pilot was definitely pushing it, which is great to see as pilots nowadays are almost flying hand-cuffed by safety jibberish (not that I don't appreciate it, but they're a bit excessive). They need to sell the darned thing, so that is good motivation.
There was no Eurofighter as the Italian demo cancelled, but what you saw today with the Rafale gets pretty close to Typhoon performance from what I saw in other air shows.

The big smoke trails on Al Fursan were indeed spectacular.
They went to an italian event in brussels in the afternoon for a quick show up and a small show...
Ah that makes sense as I saw one of them overfly Machelen on Friday, probably to check the environments.

I'm heading back on Sunday just to watch the PAN (Frecce). It's so rare for them to come to Belgium, so we need to take advantage of it.
Anybody know what time they're flying at on Sunday?

The Turk is always good!

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Flanker,

The Frecce are closing the event on sunday 18h shedulled..

Have fun..

CXB

YYZ727

Post by YYZ727 »

Was there all day too. I found one of the absolute highlights was the Swiss Air Force PC7 team. I was a bit disappointed by the Frecce Tricolore, but this was probably due to their shortened programme... Red Arrows still rule in my opinion... Al Fursan was lots of smoke and mirrors, but i believe they still got some training to do if they want to get up there with the Arrows...
Other highlights : Ramex Delta Duo, Rafale, Apache & BAF F16...

Flying Apple

Post by Flying Apple »

personaly my favorite was the Bleriot together with the joint fire power demo (to bad the KDC10 wasn't there)
The smoke from Al Fursan seemed to be thicker and nicer in color than all the rest.
Apart from the Bleriot, Mig29 and Ewacs there wasn't really anything new for me to see

Nice lineup in front of the Vip tent. The F16 was it the original American of was it a painted Belgian one? It had a plate in front of it from a place that makes adds I think.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Some Dutch planespotters are not very happy with the facilities offered to spotters, but they have posted stunning photo's:

12th Sept:
http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=109005

13th Sept:
http://forum.scramble.nl/viewtopic.php?f=41&t=109030

A link to 14th Sept will soon appear on this forum page:
http://forum.scramble.nl/viewforum.php?f=41

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Hi CX, I was there early enough to catch them.
They made a spectacular show, as usual.

This event was really exceptional.
I saw a lot of Dutch and other foreign visitors.

They should do this show like this more often. It's great marketing for Belgium.

eurojet

Post by eurojet »

As a kid, I had been in the 80'ies and early 90'ies a regular visitor to airshows in Belgium (Koksijde, KB, Chievres, Beauvechain, you name it). Then my interests turned more to civil aviation .. Last weekend, to combine a shopping trip in Maasmechelen and to escape the boredome of Luxemboring, we my better-half and I decided to make it a shopping weekend-B&B night in Diest and BAF Open Days weekend ...

We made it to KB rather early (still foggy in the morning) and it was funny to be back ... Some observations compared to nearly 20 years ago:

- all pretty well organised, well indicated, good organisation of parking
- bought the tickets on-line, EUR 20, a big change of the 100 francs that eg Koksijde Airshow costed 20 years ago ..
- KB looked much smaller than I remember it 20 years ago .. And the installations (offices, buildings, etc ...) looked all in a very poor shape ... This is one of the major army basis in Belgium, it looked nothing changed in 30 years .. The installations look pretty dire .. You can see Defense hasn't received any money in ages
- The show (both static and air) is much smaller than 20 years ago .. I remember an endless line-up of F-16's and any type of colourful plane from any corner of Europe and the US ... No large planes, largest stuff was a P-3 Orion and C-130 ... Where are the B-1's, B-52's, Awacs and all the other impressive stuff .. God, they even had to pull out a Alouette 3 of the Navy to fill up the static ... Bring back the Cold War, it was more fun, at least for Airshows !!
- Also in the air, rather slow programme (I remember every 15 minutes a display 20 years ago). That "Airpower Demo" was pretty dull, and you really had to be in the VIP stand to get a grasp of what was going on ... Also new, never saw such a gigantic VIP and sponsor village ..
- As to the Airshow itself (we left around 16.00 PM, still a long drive to Lux), if what I saw, to my own surprise, I loved that Swiss PC-7 Team ... Belgian F-16 demo was pretty impressive as well ... Red Arrows did their show early in the morning despite still foggy conditions
- Interesting, the marketing machine Dassault brought out to promote Rafale, nice bag and other gooddies ... All in all lovely machine, that Rafale as well, wouldn't mind to see that bird at KB

All in all it was a good day out, good to find back the smell of kerosine mixed with burgers and I had forgotten what a friendly crowd these aviation geeks (and the people from Limburg) are .. My biggest surprise was my better half who loved it against all expectations, was just disappointed no single Spanish delegation turned up (knowing her, she would have chatted her way in into the cockpit of one of her compatriots) and asked why we hadn't gone to any of these before