BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Post Reply
Airbus A330

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello,
Does someone know if Korean Air Cargo will relaunch BRU ops later in the season?

Kapitein
Posts: 1617
Joined: 29 Jul 2004, 00:00
Location: Somewhere around the globe....
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Kapitein »

Airbus A330 wrote:Hello,
Does someone know if Korean Air Cargo will relaunch BRU ops later in the season?
Nothing heard or saw news about KE restarting BRU ops

Airbus A330

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Airbus A330 »

Kapitein wrote:
Airbus A330 wrote:Hello,
Does someone know if Korean Air Cargo will relaunch BRU ops later in the season?
Nothing heard or saw news about KE restarting BRU ops
Thanks, Kapitein! ;)

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36809
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 »

Estonian Air during the month of September 2015 plans to operate CRJ700 aircraft on a number of routes, instead of CRJ900 and/or Embraer E170 aircraft. Planned CRJ700 operations as follow.

Tallinn – Brussels 08SEP15, 27SEP15

Source: Airline Route
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by airazurxtror »

Under pressure from a mix of Brussels and Liège members of the MR, Minister Galant agreed not to renew these traffic rights that were to enable Ethiopian Airlines to carry out air freight operations on behalf of DHL between Brussels Airport, Shanghai, Dubai and Hong Kong . This avoids competition for TNT, company established in Liege Airport, and another cause of noise for the Brussels residents ...

http://www.lesoir.be/973679/article/eco ... t-capitule
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

teach
Posts: 740
Joined: 23 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by teach »

airazurxtror wrote:Under pressure from a mix of Brussels and Liège members of the MR, Minister Galant agreed not to renew these traffic rights that were to enable Ethiopian Airlines to carry out air freight operations on behalf of DHL between Brussels Airport, Shanghai, Dubai and Hong Kong . This avoids competition for TNT, company established in Liege Airport, and another cause of noise for the Brussels residents ...

http://www.lesoir.be/973679/article/eco ... t-capitule
This could turn out to be a VERY boneheaded move by Galant, if the rumors are true that DHL threatened to cancel its new sorting center in BRU.

User avatar
sn26567
Posts: 36809
Joined: 13 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Rosières/Rozieren, Belgium
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sn26567 »

teach wrote:This could turn out to be a VERY boneheaded move by Galant, if the rumors are true that DHL threatened to cancel its new sorting center in BRU.
... and Ethiopian threatened to move its Belgian operations to the Netherlands.
André
ex Sabena #26567

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1790
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

Why is there nothing about this in the flemish newspapers?!?!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

User avatar
Established02
Posts: 1600
Joined: 16 Oct 2002, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Established02 »

lumumba wrote:Why is there nothing about this in the flemish newspapers?!?!
http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/transport ... 7-3084.art
The article is free, but you have to register first.

LJ
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Mar 2004, 00:00
Location: Heiloo NL

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by LJ »

sn26567 wrote:
teach wrote:This could turn out to be a VERY boneheaded move by Galant, if the rumors are true that DHL threatened to cancel its new sorting center in BRU.
... and Ethiopian threatened to move its Belgian operations to the Netherlands.
AFAIK ET still has some problems with the Dutch concerning landing rights (hence why they don't fly to AMS). Not a realistic threat from ET.

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1790
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

Established02 wrote:
lumumba wrote:Why is there nothing about this in the flemish newspapers?!?!
http://www.tijd.be/ondernemen/transport ... 7-3084.art
The article is free, but you have to register first.
THX
Hasta la victoria siempre.

BRU
Posts: 207
Joined: 06 Jan 2013, 15:35

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by BRU »

LJ wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
teach wrote:This could turn out to be a VERY boneheaded move by Galant, if the rumors are true that DHL threatened to cancel its new sorting center in BRU.
... and Ethiopian threatened to move its Belgian operations to the Netherlands.
AFAIK ET still has some problems with the Dutch concerning landing rights (hence why they don't fly to AMS). Not a realistic threat from ET.
ET has traffic rights, not from AMS but from MST. Which is not a problem for their B777F and the routes they want to operate.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1752
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 »

BRU wrote: ET has traffic rights, not from AMS but from MST. Which is not a problem for their B777F and the routes they want to operate.
Great. Protect LGG by forcing out competition 75 km away to another airport at 35 km, abroad. Well done government :lol:

Maybe it's time for BRU to stop inviting politicians at (opening) ceremonies, since all they seem to do is trying to tackle Belgiums most important airport. It seems that no matter who you vote for, you only get dressed up apes in your government.

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by airazurxtror »

It's also important not to increase the number of night flights over Brussels, especially cargo flights. They don't have that problem at Liège, so the decision of the government makes sense
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

User avatar
Conti764
Posts: 1752
Joined: 21 Sep 2007, 23:21

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by Conti764 »

airazurxtror wrote:It's also important not to increase the number of night flights over Brussels, especially cargo flights. They don't have that problem at Liège, so the decision of the government makes sense
It's more important to preserve as many jobs as possible, especially in these budget sensitive times.

Besides, these jobs will not go to LGG, but to the Netherlands. What good would it do for LGG to have that very competition they like to see banned from BRU flying from MSS, a mere 35 km away?

Now, take it one step further... What would it mean for LGG if the Dutch decide to have 'their own LGG' at MSS? Meaning a cargo airport with some passenger activity...

Imagine the mercantile Dutch to convince DHL to move their hub operations at BRU completely to MSS, resulting in not only a massive loss of cargo and jobs at BRU, but also a fierce competition from an airport only a few miles away...

Far fetched? Maybe... But then again, MSS is in distress, lacking passenger activity and the government of Dutch Limburg is doing everything possible to save the airport. They have taken over the airport for a symbolic 1 euro and are looking for someone to exploit it with an investment of 15 milion euro once that partner has been found. It's an airport with enough area surrounding it, close to a highway and a railway offering smooth connection to the rest of The Netherlands, Belgium and Germany.

And, contrary to Belgians, the Dutch know how to do business.

BRU
Posts: 207
Joined: 06 Jan 2013, 15:35

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by BRU »

airazurxtror wrote:It's also important not to increase the number of night flights over Brussels, especially cargo flights. They don't have that problem at Liège, so the decision of the government makes sense
ET flights are day time flights, not night flights. Arriving in the morning, departure in the late afternoon. Most modern aircraft, brand new B777F. So pls, stop spreading wrong information on night flights as this is not correct.

teach
Posts: 740
Joined: 23 Feb 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by teach »

airazurxtror wrote:It's also important not to increase the number of night flights over Brussels, especially cargo flights. They don't have that problem at Liège, so the decision of the government makes sense
1)These are not night flights;
2) These flights will NOT be miving to LGG, they'll be moving across the border to Maastricht.

Apparently for Galant and MR in general, jobs in the Netherlands are better than jobs in BRU. And this move will not even help TNT in LGG in any way: the competition will remain, it'll just be from MST and not BRU. The only thing that will chage is that hundreds of jobs will be lost in BRU, and created in MST.

If this deal passes, it's nothing short of criminal.

sean1982
Posts: 3260
Joined: 18 Mar 2003, 00:00
Contact:

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by sean1982 »

teach wrote:
If this deal passes, it's nothing short of criminal.
Indeed. And then they call the flemish "extremists" ROFL

airazurxtror
Posts: 3789
Joined: 17 Nov 2005, 00:00

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by airazurxtror »

Some of night flights flying over the Canal Route on takeoff from Brussels National Airport will be redirected from Friday at 23:00 to the Ring Route.

The use of the canal route by planes taking off from Zaventem Airport will be temporarily restored to the configuration that existed between 2 April and 19 June.

Belgocontrol , the operator of air traffic control , thus meets the instruction of July 29 of the Federal Minister for Mobility , Jacqueline Galant. Concretely , this means that the night traffic on the Canal Route will be alleviated because the quieter aircraft will be redirected to the Ring Route.

http://www.lesoir.be/974750/article/act ... r-vendredi
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

User avatar
lumumba
Posts: 1790
Joined: 04 Sep 2003, 00:00
Location: brussels Europe

Re: BRU Summer 2015: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by lumumba »

airazurxtror wrote:Some of night flights flying over the Canal Route on takeoff from Brussels National Airport will be redirected from Friday at 23:00 to the Ring Route.

The use of the canal route by planes taking off from Zaventem Airport will be temporarily restored to the configuration that existed between 2 April and 19 June.

Belgocontrol , the operator of air traffic control , thus meets the instruction of July 29 of the Federal Minister for Mobility , Jacqueline Galant. Concretely , this means that the night traffic on the Canal Route will be alleviated because the quieter aircraft will be redirected to the Ring Route.

http://www.lesoir.be/974750/article/act ... r-vendredi
Only for one month......
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Post Reply