SNBA 10% more passengers have booked flights

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Boeing767copilot

SNBA 10% more passengers have booked flights

Post by Boeing767copilot »

These past few days SN Brussels Airlines has been welcoming a record number of passengers. Compared to last year, 10 percent more passengers have booked flights with SN for the coming months.
The holiday period has started well at SN Brussels Airlines. Since mid last week SN has been welcoming record numbers of passengers which have never been seen before in the history of the airline. E.g. on Wednesday 30 June 11.903 passengers checked in for an SN flight.
Also the upcoming weekend promises to be very busy. SN foresees extra personnel in order to insure a smooth check-in and a comfortable flight experience.
Whereas last year the 1.5 million-th passenger was registered on 10 July, this year the symbolic number has already been reached on 24 June.

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

Wednesday 30 June was not only a record day for SN, but also for Brussels Airport. According to BIAC, 18.453 passengers for European destinations passed through the airport that day. This was the highest number since May 2002. For non-European destinations, BRU received 18.062 passengers, this was the highest numbers since the bankruptcy of SABENA.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Well I must say this is very good news for the company, however for the employees of SN this holiday period and the extra work it brings might be more then a stretch of their goodwill too far...

In their latest euphoric press release SN arrogantly claims they have foreseen extra personnel in order to insure a smooth check-in and a comfortable flight experience, but they forget to mention this extra personel is in fact often the same as usual, now even more than else working overtime like crazy, some even having been forced to give up their annual holidays booked months ago and all without any compensation! Collective labour agreements are ignored all the time and personel is 'discouraged' to complain about it... :cry:

In short: the mood at SN's crewroom is close to explosive and all the management is doing is trying to keep control of the situation by treathening its employees, but frustration is rising....

Avro

Post by Avro »

It's nice to see the numbers rising, but I we are still far from the figures of the Sabena time.

But if the trend continues like that, BRU could again reach the level of pax like in the past.

If SN is so short on personal, why don't they hire a few more crews. I mean the number of pax will continue to increase the entire year for ZSN, like it did last year. They will need them !!!!

Greetz
Chris
8)

blackhawk

Post by blackhawk »

I don't know whether this news was already mentionned somewhere but I was unable to find it at the site:

At the moment, the top three destinations in Africa are Kinshasa, Nairobi and Dakar. The top 5 in Europe is Madrid, Venise, Rome, Genève and Vienna. The recently opened flights to Porto, Naples, Moscou, Istanbul and Saint-Petersburgh also have promising results.
Also now, during the summer, 15% of the capacity, normally filled with businessmen, has been repositioned to deal with the charter demand.
And finally, according to the article, SNBA is or has already recruted new crew: 31 F/A's and 13 young pilots will be operational as of mid July.

Source: http://www.lalibre.be/article.phtml?id= ... _id=174410

Avro

Post by Avro »

blackhawk wrote: And finally, according to the article, SNBA is or has already recruted new crew: 31 F/A's and 13 young pilots will be operational as of mid July.
It's nice to see the SN family growing and growing, but are 31 FA's enough to cope with the current shortage ??
Anyway I allready saw one of the future pilots during the opendoor days of SabenaFlight academy. :)

Greetz
Chris
8)