Malaysia B772 flight MH17 AMS-KUL downed near Donetsk, Ukraine

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flanker2

Re: Malaysia B772 AMS-KUL flight crashed near Donetsk, Ukrai

Post by Flanker2 »

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/31172/Rampvluc ... rkov.dhtml
Een trein met de slachtoffers van de vliegramp in Oekraïne is vanavond vertrokken naar Charkov. Dat hebben verslaggevers ter plekke gemeld.

De koelwagons stonden in het station van Torez. Nederland heeft een coördinatiecentrum opgezet in Charkov.

Daarvandaan worden de stoffelijke resten naar Nederland gevlogen
Departed to Charkov, about 200km north of the crash site, where the Netherlands have set-up a coordination center. So it looks likely that the bodies will be flown home by the Dutch themselves and triage could take place in Amsterdam.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Update from rt.com (which seems to be doing a great job of reporting these updates, while Western media are very slow to update about the transparency of the separatists).
Prime Minister Najib Razak said an agreement had been reached with militiamen at the scene of the crash that the Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17 black boxes will be handed over to Malaysian authorities in Donetsk at 9pm Ukrainian time.

The bodies of 282 victims are being moved by train before being flown to Amsterdam for repatriation.

Malaysian aviation experts arrived in Donetsk, eastern Ukraine, to investigate the crash of the MH17 flight. Earlier local militia said they found presumed data recorders at the site and would hand them over to international investigators.

The agreement states that investigators will have uninhibited access to the crash site to begin their investigation.

Prime Minister Najib Razak called for “continued communication in good faith” and hoped that “justice may be done”.

He said: “I wanted to give greater voice to the anger and the greif that I and many felt. But for now we have to work quietly in the service of a greater outcome.”

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Flanker2 wrote:Update from rt.com (which seems to be doing a great job of reporting these updates, while Western media are very slow to update about the transparency of the separatists).
It was also reported on "Western" BBC!

Dutch labs will indeed work on the identification of the victims with help of forensics from UK, Germany, Australia, Belgium and Malaysia.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Now also on hln.be:
De zwarte dozen van het rampvliegtuig in Oekraïne worden op korte termijn overhandigd aan Maleisië. Dat heeft de Maleisische premier Najib Razak laten weten. De overhandiging zou vanavond al gebeuren om 21.00 uur Oekraïense tijd.
De Maleisische premier zei dat hij daar afspraken over heeft gemaakt met de Russische 'premier' van de zelfuitgeroepen Volksrepubliek Donetsk. De afgelopen dagen hebben volgens hem achter gesloten deuren onderhandelingen plaatsgevonden.

De afspraken gingen ook over de trein met doden van de vliegramp die op het station van Torez stond en op het moment van de verklaring van Razak al was vertrokken naar Charkov. Aan boord van de trein zijn volgens Razak ook zes leden van de Maleisische hulpdiensten. De lichamen uit de trein worden vanuit Charkov naar Nederland gevlogen.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Isn't it interesting to compare the way the media are reporting on this?

-BBC still hasn't mentioned the positive development of the black box hand-over...
-BBC casts doubts by using terms such as "but there is no confirmation" and titles such as "Train with bodies leaves Ukraine station".
-BBC doesn't miss an opportunity to remind that : "Western countries say the plane was shot down on 17 July by the rebels, who have been involved in heavy fighting in the main rebel-held city of Donetsk."

That is no longer a news report, it's manipulation.

Also, western media will certainly not miss a chance to downplay the black-box hand-over, once it has occurred.

My personal opinion is that the anglo-saxon media are not reporting facts but expressing opinions.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

RadarBox24.com discloses which flights were on the airspace where the MAS17 crash happened.

André
ex Sabena #26567

b-west

Post by b-west »

Why is the BBC slower in reporting some news? Maybe it's because BBC wants to verify and check the info? When the video of the billowing plume of smoke of MH17 first appeared on YouTube and was immediately picked up by a variety of media, BBC declared on twitter they first wanted the verify the authenticity of this video before posting it.

Maybe a bit slower but also more reliable. I've come across footage of a crashing 747 already claimed to be video of MH17 going down.

Of course BBC sometimes reports the news as if the British Empire is still around, but in general I feel they bring fairly neutral and balanced reporting.

And as the rebels are good friends with the Russian government it seems quite logical that the state propaganda channel RT gets the scoop to news from the rebels.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

b-west wrote: Of course BBC sometimes reports the news as if the British Empire is still around, but in general I feel they bring fairly neutral and balanced reporting.
I work for TV...and I totally agree with what you said. THE TV Info !!!

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Russia has released satellite imagery dated July 14th and July 17th locating Ukrainian SAM batteries at remote locations around Donetsk.

http://rt.com/news/174412-malaysia-plan ... a-ukraine/

flieger

Post by flieger »

Yes Flanker, Russia Today is verrrrry neutral media, very neutral.
None of the Russians I know IN Russia have heard any correct news reports. Not on this, not on anything. Their media is completely corrupted.
When the voting was happening on whether or not to annex the Crimea to Russia, these same, well educated and some rather high placed people believed their media stating that US and NATO troops were marching in the streets in Ukraine. While actually, Russian mercenaries are marching there....
Remember the brilliant plan to buy/ invest in the PAK-FA???

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

A train with the remains of 282 of the 298 victims of the Malaysian airliner which crashed in Ukraine has arrived in the city of Kharkhiv, outside rebel territory.

Picture BBC

The rebels earlier handed over the "black box" flight recorders to Malaysian officials.

United Nations draft resolution on MH17: https://www.aviation24.be/forums/viewtopic ... 31&t=53976
André
ex Sabena #26567

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

So now they are flying over Syria, instead of Ukraine :? ?

http://www.flightradar24.com/data/flights/mh4#3dbdafe

danieln

Post by danieln »

andorra-airport wrote:So now they are flying over Syria, instead of Ukraine :? ?

In March, I took a flight from Amsterdam to Doha. We flew over Iraq. I guess that a lot of daily flights still go over conflict zones...

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Daily a lot of airliners are flying over conflict zones.

Currently flying over Iraq:
Emirates
Qatar Airways
Wizzair
Oman Air

Currently flying over Syria:
Mahan Air
MEA-Middle East Airlines

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

andorra-airport wrote:So now they are flying over Syria, instead of Ukraine :? ?

As already reported higher in this thread, together with the explanations of Malaysia Airlines.
tangolima wrote:Currently flying over Iraq:
Emirates
Qatar Airways
Wizzair
Oman Air
I also flew over Iraq with Lufthansa in February.
André
ex Sabena #26567

mooney058

Post by mooney058 »

Flanker2 wrote:Isn't it interesting to compare the way the media are reporting on this?

-BBC still hasn't mentioned the positive development of the black box hand-over...
-BBC casts doubts by using terms such as "but there is no confirmation" and titles such as "Train with bodies leaves Ukraine station".
-BBC doesn't miss an opportunity to remind that : "Western countries say the plane was shot down on 17 July by the rebels, who have been involved in heavy fighting in the main rebel-held city of Donetsk."

That is no longer a news report, it's manipulation.

Also, western media will certainly not miss a chance to downplay the black-box hand-over, once it has occurred.

My personal opinion is that the anglo-saxon media are not reporting facts but expressing opinions.
Flanker2 - who are you? Russian inteligence officer? I speak both Russian, English (and French) and follow information on various sources. RU state media 'reports' are interesting at least, some of your hints are ... sorry I can not find an appropriate word to qualify it ...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Dutch Prime Minister Mark Rutte says his government aims to have the first bodies returned on Wednesday. "It is our aim - and at the moment our expectation - that sometime tomorrow the first plane carrying victims will leave for Eindhoven,'' he was quoted by AP as saying.

The remains will be flown from Kharkiv to Eindhoven and from there they will be transported to a facility in the Dutch city of Hilversum for identification - a process which could take months.

The black boxes, which are now in the hands of Malaysian authorities, will be sent to the nearest lab that is authorised by the ICAO for analysis.
André
ex Sabena #26567

regi

Post by regi »

hold on a second:
we all speak about a crash caused by a missile.

Am I the only retard here waiting for the first proof of a missile?

I may beat Flanker2 aka NCB in conspiracy theories, but at this moment I just say : "another B777 of MH crashed, killing all on board."

Statistically speaking, these 2 mishaps with B777 of the same airline would at least be enough reason to ground the entire B777 fleet of MH, and to a further extent the entire world wide B777 fleet. ( because there is no cause at this moment for both mishaps of this same type )

convair

Post by convair »

regi wrote:hold on a second:
we all speak about a crash caused by a missile.

Am I the only retard here waiting for the first proof of a missile?

I may beat Flanker2 aka NCB in conspiracy theories, but at this moment I just say : "another B777 of MH crashed, killing all on board."

Statistically speaking, these 2 mishaps with B777 of the same airline would at least be enough reason to ground the entire B777 fleet of MH, and to a further extent the entire world wide B777 fleet. ( because there is no cause at this moment for both mishaps of this same type )
No problem regi. You do beat Flanker 1, 2 and 3!

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.lesoir.be/605994/article/act ... e-bretagne

Un avion Embraer a quitté mardi après-midi l’aéroport militaire de Melsbroek à destination de Kiev, a indiqué le porte-parole du ministère, Didier De Weerdt. Il doit embarquer les deux boîtes noires du vol MH17 et les emmener en Grande-Bretagne, où les données qui y sont stockées seront analysées.

An Embraer aircraft departed Tuesday afternoon Melsbroek military airport bound to Kiev, said the spokesman of the ministry, Didier De Weerdt. It must take the two black boxes of flight MH17 and carry them in Great-Britain, where the data stored therein will be analyzed.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.