2014 Charleroi airport (CRL/EBCI) latest news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Passenger

Re: 2014 Charleroi airport (CRL/EBCI) latest news

Post by Passenger »

De Standaard reports that CRL had many software systems at the airport recently have been hacked and/or infected by botnet malware. "Aviation safety was never at risk", De Standaard writes. The hackers were looking for financial information like credit card details.

The botnet was exposed in May or June 2014, when an IT safety company discovered that a lot of data was sent out from servers and networks related to CRL. A "honeypot" was installed to attract the hackers to that particular site, but failed to unmask the culprits.

Vincent Grassa, spokesman for Charleroi Airport, denied to De Standaard that there was an infection: "Onze IT-diensten en onze juridische afdeling weten van niets", he said. "Our IT services and our legal department now nothing" (*).

De Standaard also states that another virus, the famous Heartbleed bug, had infected the airport's login page.

Source:
http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20140829_01239642

(*) The reaction from Charleroi Airports reminds me to Manuel from Fawlty Towers: "my name is Manuel, I'm from Barcelona, I know nothing.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

During these first eight months, 4,300,688 passengers travelled through Charleroi airport, compared with the 4,538,819 recorded in 2013, equivalent to a fall of around 5%; the estimated drop was 13%.
Jean-Jacques Cloquet, CEO of BSCA, feels reassured and believes in the future of his airport: “Our results for 2014 have exceeded all our expectations. Charleroi airport has managed to emerge unscathed from a very competitive environment, which has meant that it has been able to achieve passenger numbers that have beaten the estimates calculated at the beginning of the year. 2014 will definitely be marked by a fall in passenger numbers but it also saw the arrival of three new airlines, namely Pegasus Airlines, Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium and 4YOU Airlines, who will start operating in November.
The airlines already present in Charleroi are also developing new destinations for the winter season, which will boost BSCA’s appeal.”

http://www.charleroi-airport.com/en/sho ... a9cc8a59c9
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

In its declaration of regional policy, the new PS-cdH Walloon government has authorised the lengthening of the runway of Charleroi Airport from 2550m to 3200m. Under the previous government, Ecolo had forced a limitation to 2950m.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

good idea... just in case ryanair decides to go intercontinental ... you never know.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Good news for the runway lengthening, but who will pay for it, and when will it start?
Will both ends get extended?

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Charlie Roy wrote:Will both ends get extended?
Not much room for lengthening to the west; seems easier to the east.

Stij

Post by Stij »

Wasn't the "real" decision taken already years ago?

When you look at the current layout of the airport, everything points at an extension to the East.
For years they have been filling the dip East of the runway.

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Trouble is that the ILS is at the east end of the runway; it'll have to be displaced and recalibrated ...

cirrus

Post by cirrus »

Hello,

IF the extension is confirmed (even after that decision there are still big doubts) it will be to the east and only for take-off. The touchdown zone will stay where it is now and the ILS won't have to be recalibrated.

Greetings

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Poland's 4YOU Airlines temporarily suspends operations

http://www.ch-aviation.com/portal/news/ ... operations

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

La compagnie aérienne française de taxi-jet Wijet a annoncé lundi qu'elle avait décidé de baser à l'aéroport de Charleroi un de ses avions, pour la première de ses bases située hors de France.

The French air-taxi company Wijet will base at CRL one of its jets - it'll be its first base outside France.

Wijet has a fleet of four Cessna Citation Mustang (four seats).

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... 6d4d5652f9
http://www.wijet.com/
http://www.lefigaro.fr/entrepreneur/201 ... w-cost.php
Last edited by airazurxtror on 15 Sep 2014, 17:09, edited 1 time in total.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

airazurxtror wrote:La compagnie aérienne française de taxi-jet Wijet a annoncé lundi qu'elle avait décidé de baser à l'aéroport de Charleroi un de ses avions, pour la première de ses bases située hors de France.

The French air-taxi company Wijet will base at CRL one of its jets - it'll be its first base outside France.

Wijet has a fleet of four Cessna Citation Mustang (four seats).

http://www.wijet.com/
Hello

First Wiijet C510 is expected to come tomorrow 16SEP2014

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

One of the Citatiins was at CRL around noon and various film crews were shooting it while parked on stand 57 (in the wrong direction).

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sdbelgium wrote:One of the Citatiins was at CRL around noon and various film crews were shooting it while parked on stand 57 (in the wrong direction).
F-GRET :

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Carlo Di Antonio (cdH), Walloon minister of mobility now conciders to install a fast link between the main train station of Charleroi (Charleroi-Sud) and the airport.
Faster to build and cheaper than a station at the airport itself.
My messages reflect my personal opinion which may be different than yours. I beleive a forum is made to create a debate so I encourage people to express themselves, the way they want, with the ideas they want. I expect the same understanding in return.

Stij

Post by Stij »

I think it's a wise decision: Wallonia has more urgent rail projects!
Plus, now it's also a solution for pax from Mons, Namur and Liège... not just for Brussels and Ottignies...

BTW: the bus between Brussels South Station and the airport does it in 55min, and runs every 30min, the train would be maybe a bit faster, but would never run every 30 min.

Cheers,

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The shuttle bus between Brussels Midi and Charleroi airport is convenient an reliable (in my experience).
I wouldn't say the same of the trains (often late) and of the TEC Charleroi buses, often on strike without notice.

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Why not a BSCA bus between Charleroi-Sud and CRL ? Best solution to avoid wild strikes
Last edited by Airbus330lover on 16 Sep 2014, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

I think there is here some confusion. There will be no fast train link but only a fast BUS link.
There will be even no own airport trainstation as too expensive.

So what they want to do is to create a fast bus link between Charleroi-Sud and the airport.

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

Where do you see confusion Atlantis? I only see a discussion about the different bus links.

I find the TEC bus between Charleroi-Sud and CRL a big no-no. You never know whether you'll get on the first bus during peek periods, which usually means you have to take an even earlier train.