Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

FlightMate

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Post by FlightMate »

Flight to IAD cancelled, apparently. Because of a broken bird in Africa. More info?

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

FlightMate wrote:Flight to IAD cancelled, apparently. Because of a broken bird in Africa. More info?
OO-SFZ Is out; Reason unknown.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Konus

Post by Konus »

OO-SFZ left BRU as BEl9901 on 12FEB.

Maintenance in Malta ?

Rgds,

Konus

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

Konus wrote:OO-SFZ left BRU as BEl9901 on 12FEB.

Maintenance in Malta ?

Rgds,

Konus
Yes, probably C-Check. And I also saw that OO-SFN is in Kinshasa since 21FEB. Something wrong?

Greetings,
Wouter

SFM

Post by SFM »

In another topic it is mentioned that there is an Il-76 parked outside Brussels Airlines hangar.
I'd say they're going to transport an engine to FIH?

FlightMate

Post by FlightMate »

SFM wrote:In another topic it is mentioned that there is an Il-76 parked outside Brussels Airlines hangar.
I'd say they're going to transport an engine to FIH?
Indeed, I've been told an engine has to be replaced on SFN. Hence the cancellation for the IAD.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

Somebody with a reason for the delay of HQ1318 to TFS? Delayed for almost 4 hours...

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

Operational delay, due to a delay on another flight to TFS this morning where a crewmember became Ill during flight I believe.

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

I saw indeed that the BRU-TFS leg operated normally but that the plane was grounded for four hours at TFS. Thanks for the explanation.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

AirOpinion wrote:Operational delay, due to a delay on another flight to TFS this morning where a crewmember became Ill during flight I believe.
Hello

Correct ;) Due to the sick crew member 30 pax were left behind in TFS (Regulations). So another TCAB aircraft that was planned to fly AGA - BRU ferry flew now AGA-TFS-BRU to pick up the 30 pax.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

HQ_BRU_Lover

Post by HQ_BRU_Lover »

That's OOTCI.

Apparently, passenegers waiting for TCH to arrive recieved a voucher of 6 (only 6...) euros to buy some food and drinks. I assume there's no chance to.get a compensation as these are exceptional circumstances?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

HQ_BRU_Lover wrote:That's OOTCI.

Apparently, passengers waiting for TCH to arrive recieved a voucher of 6 (only 6...) euros to buy some food and drinks. I assume there's no chance to.get a compensation as these are exceptional circumstances?
Indeed. A crew member becoming ill on duty is not only exceptional circumstances, but force majeure / overmacht. Hence no compensation (indemnity), and obligation limited to only meal and drinks: the 6 Euro's.

EU Regulation 261/2004: "As under the Montreal Convention, obligations on operating air carriers should be limited or excluded in cases where an event has been caused by extraordinary circumstances which could not have been avoided even if all reasonable measures had been taken. Such circumstances may, in particular, occur in cases of political instability, meteorological conditions incompatible with the operation of the flight concerned, security risks, unexpected flight safety shortcomings and strikes that affect the operation of an operating air carrier."

http://eur-lex.europa.eu/LexUriServ/Lex ... 61:EN:HTML

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

And the 30 pax who were transferred to the late TFS-BRU (coming from AGA) received (or will receive) denied boarding compensation.

convair

Post by convair »

Does someone know what's going on with SN 515 IAD flght?
BRU site indicates it took off at 4:01 pm, but FR 24 shows it (OO-SFY) just taking off 2 hours later after strange movements on the tarmac.

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

The Delta airlines flight from JFK. Was delayed by almost 14 hours!!!
Normally landing at 9:40 am , it will now be touching down at probably 23:30 !
Anyone with news? The fr24 site says it is canceled? But it is clearly visible on the map...

Established02

Post by Established02 »

OO-SSC just caught my attention flying over Willebroek with landing gear already down, making considerably more noise than 319s flying over with landing gear still up.

The continuation of the approach pattern would indicate an arrival on RWY19, however the image on Flightradar seems to indicate a 25R arrival, which must have required a quite spectacular final right turn above the Haachtsesteenweg.

Can anyone confirm that BEL2104 did actually land on RWY25R?
Is this kind of Kai Tak approach common at BRU (expectedly reserved for the local cowboy pilots only)?
Attachments
OO-SSC.PNG

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

Flightradar 24 won't lie :)

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

I saw and heared him too while running near Hazewinkel. I wondered too why my colleagues were flying that low, but I presume they got 25R for landing and were asked to expedite the descent by ATC. The sound were the speedbrakes probably fully deployed at +300kts, its noisy in the cockpit as well.

EBBU

Post by EBBU »

Imho it looks more like a visual approach than vectors for ILS approach to me...

Atco EBBR

Post by Atco EBBR »

EBBU wrote:Imho it looks more like a visual approach than vectors for ILS approach to me...
Yes indeed, the controller who would give vectors for such an approach is overdue for a refresher methinks...