Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

luchtzak

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Post by luchtzak »

Passenger wrote:Ryanair FR-1389 Bordeaux-Charleroi 17h20-18h55 is cancelled “Due to ATC strike”, Ryanair.com states. However, Air France AF-5320 Bordeaux-Brussels landed at about the same time: 17h25 (ETA 17h15). So apparently no ATC strike for them?

FR-6099 Rygge/Oslo-Charleroi 16h40-18h40 is cancelled “Due to ATC strike”, Ryanair.com states. However, SAS SK4745 Oslo-Brussels arrived in Brussels on time (18h25 -> 18h27) and Brussels Airlines SN2284 had a 2 hour delay (19h40 -> 21h39). So apparently no ATC strike for them?

http://www.ryanair.com/nl-be/flight-info
In Madrid airport this afternoon I noticed that Ryanair Madrid - Charleroi was cancelled. Brussels Airlines' flight from Madrid to Brussels operated as normal ...

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

Passenger wrote:Ryanair FR-1389 Bordeaux-Charleroi 17h20-18h55 is cancelled “Due to ATC strike”, Ryanair.com states. However, Air France AF-5320 Bordeaux-Brussels landed at about the same time: 17h25 (ETA 17h15). So apparently no ATC strike for them?

FR-6099 Rygge/Oslo-Charleroi 16h40-18h40 is cancelled “Due to ATC strike”, Ryanair.com states. However, SAS SK4745 Oslo-Brussels arrived in Brussels on time (18h25 -> 18h27) and Brussels Airlines SN2284 had a 2 hour delay (19h40 -> 21h39). So apparently no ATC strike for them?

Operators were asked to cancel between 25 to 40% of their scheduled flights into France today. It is impossible and doesn't make any sense to draw conclusions from a couple of examples.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Lysexpat wrote:

Operators were asked to cancel between 25 to 40% of their scheduled flights into France today. It is impossible and doesn't make any sense to draw conclusions from a couple of examples.
I didn't select those 2 x 2 flights on purpose. I've just mentionned them because they were coming from / heading to the same countries.

Actually, the difference is much more then just those two flights. If you look at the actual flight info on BrusselsAirport.be, you will notice that Brussels Airport has just one single cancellation on about 75 flights: the Geneva flight SN2725 (caused by SN2720 which apparently had to deviate). All other flights inbound to and outbound from Brussels, shown online at this very moment (= flights between 18h30 and Friday morning), are operating normal.

If you look at the flight only on Ryanair.com, you will notice that 36 flights are "cancelled due to ATC" for the same period.

Allow me to say that this is strange.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

In France, if a flight is to be cancelled, it will sure not be the AF flight ! It's called 'la préférence nationale".
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair has preventively cancelled 80 flights yesterday and 78 flights today as a precautionary measure.

http://www.ryanair.com/en/notices/gops/ ... ike_EN-GB/
André
ex Sabena #26567

Nevihta

Post by Nevihta »

airazurxtror wrote:
In France, if a flight is to be cancelled, it will sure not be the AF flight ! It's called 'la préférence nationale".
This is not exactly (not at all actually) how it works, such a strike isn't targeting a specific company. Companies choose to cancel flights, not ATC.

epsilon

Post by epsilon »

Actually, in the Italian strike two days ago, by notam, Merediana flights were exempt from the strike (no slots, no cancellations).

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sn26567 wrote:Ryanair has preventively cancelled 80 flights yesterday and 78 flights today as a precautionary measure.

While I can understand them not liking all this, "preventive cancelations" do not match with their with commercial intentions to target business oriented passengers: if they are going to do this at BRU too each time there is a strike somewhere in Europe, good luck!

Simply rebooking people onto the next available flight a few days later is not what I would want in that case; "real airlines" (please don't be offended, I simply do not know how to describe them all, now they all become sort of the same kind of airlines, be it Lufthansa, Easyjet or even Ryan) will at least try to get you to your destination, even if with hours of delay, although easyjet has let me down on BSL once too, the evening before.

fcw

Post by fcw »

Inquirer wrote:
sn26567 wrote:Ryanair has preventively cancelled 80 flights yesterday and 78 flights today as a precautionary measure.

While I can understand them not liking all this, it does not match with their with commercial intentions to target business oriented passengers: if they are going to do this at BRU too each time there is a strike somewhere in Europe, good luck!

Simply rebooking people onto the next available flight a few days later is not what I would want in that case; "real airlines" (please don't be offended, I simply do not know how to describe them all, now they all become sort of the same kind of airlines, be it Lufthansa, Easyjet or even Ryan).
A very simple reason Inquirer: as explained before in this topic there was a notam (notice to airmen) in which the French authorities imposed a 20% cut on all traffic to LFPG/PO/OB....
So Ryanair did have the choice which flights they cancelled, but they had to cancel 20%, just as did easyJet and Air france to name a few.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

fcw wrote: A very simple reason Inquirer: as explained before in this topic there was a notam (notice to airmen) in which the French authorities imposed a 20% cut on all traffic to LFPG/PO/OB....
So Ryanair did have the choice which flights they cancelled, but they had to cancel 20%, just as did easyJet and Air france to name a few.

Thank you!

I was under the impression authorities could warn for disruptions and 'ask' for cutbacks, after which the airlines could then decide whether to do so, or accept the delays: it's probably not possible to check it now, but above it was mentioned only one flight from BRU overflying France got cancelled for instance, so how does that work then?

It seems to me some airlines simply halt their operations when a strike warning is issued (which I can very well understand if they don't want their planes to face hours of delays), while others at least try to operate as planned and accept long delays. :idea:

With ryanair willing to become an airline considered by people traveling for business, they will have to change their attitude and be seen as trying a fair bit harder than they are just (perceived to be) doing right now. ;)

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

LH1018 (A320 D-AIZR) made a go-around this evening.

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

tangolima wrote:Hello

LH1018 (A320 D-AIZR) made a go-around this evening.

Greetings,
Due to the heavy winds. Also saw some SN Avro's struggling to land.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Established02

Post by Established02 »

This evening around 18h30 I arrived on an AR1 on RWY20 amidst heavy rain and strong wind gusts. The pilots were continuously making steering and speed corrections. I have never had such a shaky landing, but admittedly I'm not a very frequent flyer.

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

Perfectly normal to do attitude and speed corrections ;-) and... RWY19

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Established02 wrote:This evening around 18h30 I arrived on an AR1 on RWY20 amidst heavy rain and strong wind gusts. The pilots were continuously making steering and speed corrections. I have never had such a shaky landing, but admittedly I'm not a very frequent flyer.
It's Rwy19 now. ;)
I was at the airport at the same time to pick up a relative coming from WAW on a LOT B734: she told me how shaky her landing was. What would it have been if she had had the normally scheduled E195?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Shannon was closed on Wednesday because of the storm. A parked (and empty) ATR-42 was blown in the air, and when it hit the ground again, the landing gear collapsed. See photo's here:

http://avherald.com/h?article=46fec169&opt=0

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Press reports :

The Brussels Airlines flight from Brussels to Kinshasa had kind a of a problem before take off on Saturday noon. One of the passengers was a female Congolese illegal immigrant who was forced to board as "verplichte repatriëring / rapatriement forcé". Once onboard the passenger apparently made quite a noise and other passengers joined her protest against her repat. Several of them were arrested by the police, and the captain then also asked that the repat passenger was deboarded. The flight took of with a delay of some 90 minutes.

Source:
HLN.be:
http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/957/Binnenland ... zoek.dhtml

7sur7.be:
http://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1502/Belgiqu ... orce.dhtml

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Gate Gourmet is on strike at BRU - a wildcat strike.

Reason, according to the unions: "uncertainty about the future because of the possibility of a take over by LSG".

(source : HLN.be)

(if there wasn't this "uncertainty", they would have gone on a wildcat strike because of the global climate warming)

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Diversion of NAX5597 HAM - AGP to BRU
LN-NGM 737-800

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

There we go again :roll:. Yesterday the SN flight to Luanda had a fuel leak. Flight got a delay of aprox. 3 hours but the passengers could leave on a "Spare" A330 According to Brussels' Twitter.

When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.