Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

EBAW_flyer

Re: Abnormalities in BRU-ANR-CRL-LGG-OST in 2014

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Something strange: still a lot of aircraft in both holdings, but SN2712 GVA-BRU passing everybody and without holding now on final 25L.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Incident from 9th april:

SN-3150 Milan-Brussels, A319, was accelerating for takeoff when the crew rejected takeoff at high speed (above 105 knots). The aircraft slowed safely and vacated the runway.

Source - more info:
http://avherald.com/h?article=472d4ff3&opt=0

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

I recently noticed that Easyjet started to use A320 on their Brussels routes, since their new destinations were launched. Before, only A319 aircraft were used. Also, The gatwick flight departs from a GATE at the B-pier...
While EasyJet normally uses the remote stands, west of the a-pier.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

BRUpilot wrote:I recently noticed that Easyjet started to use A320 on their Brussels routes, since their new destinations were launched. Before, only A319 aircraft were used. Also, The gatwick flight departs from a GATE at the B-pier...
While EasyJet normally uses the remote stands, west of the a-pier.
The A320 was before already a regular visitor for some U2 destinations. So infact, nothing new here.
Since Gatwick is non-schengen, we can't put them on the remote stands at A-pier. So at B-pier they operate like a "normal" carrier.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

On many occasions I have spotted Easyjet aircraft at the A pier too so it's not like they always use the dreadful walking positions at BRU?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Inquirer wrote:On many occasions I have spotted Easyjet aircraft at the A pier too so it's not like they always use the dreadful walking positions at BRU?
That's indeed true, but at some moments there are 4 flights and only 3 remote positions, so 1 has to go to the A-pier then.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:On many occasions I have spotted Easyjet aircraft at the A pier too so it's not like they always use the dreadful walking positions at BRU?
Damn, you must be in really bad shape when you call 200m walking "dreadful" :s

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

These "dreadful" positions are 5 to 15 min closer to the exit/entrance than any other A gate.
I love them and would expect the same from a busniness man for whom time is money!

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

5 to 15 minutes? I doubt it. How much closer are they compared to say gates A40 or A42?
I always notice how some people here refer to the very long length of the A pier, but I can't remember ever having left from a gate more than halfway down, as those gates always seem to be taken by long haul flights?
Don't forget you are exposed to the weather when you have to walk to the plane and sorry but I don't like it when I arrive soaking wet at the office! :evil:
In that case I prefer a minute extra on the conveyor over an extra visit to the dry cleaner's shop, but I guess it depends on your personal preferences and maybe also your attire?
To me the ideal situation is when I can go from the office here in Brussels to the office in Zurich for the day (and back) in my shirt, without need to worry about the weather I may encounter here (or there).

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Didnt know people have to change shirt after a small walk with an umbrella or a raincoat. Maybe you can ask Scotty to beem you up to Zurich?

Btw, due to the dry air int the airplane its more efficient then a tumbledryer. Put your wet raincoat in the hatbin in BRU and it's dry when you reach your destination. It's like magic! 8-)

PS: the walk from the entrance of the terminal to gate A61 is exactly 25 min, I timed it (as the crew room is there about). The same walk to gate A36 15min (no need to go an extra floor up and do the marathon to the gate)

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Let's cut it here, shall we?
If you really think it's such a a fantastic advantage to be OUT instead of IN all the time, regardless the weather, then that's your right: some people probably do not mind a walk in the rain and the cold upon arrival and departure indeed, but a fair number of others are trying very hard to spin a discomfort into some sort of an advantage indeed.
All I say is that I personally find it can be extremely uncomfortable: no need to fall all over me for having expressed that personal opinion while I was talking about something completely different, is there?
Enough said for me.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Squawk Alert 7700 - RYR77FB - CRL-RAK (Technical/Medical Emergency) - B738 - Ryanair - EI-DYB - Track: http://www.rb24.com/RYR77FB
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Inquirer wrote: some people probably do not mind a walk in the rain and the cold upon arrival and departure indeed, but a fair number of others are trying very hard to spin a discomfort into some sort of an advantage indeed.
All that fuss about a few minutes walk in the open to reach the airplane ...
You do the same to take the bus, the tram or the metro, unless you have a halt just at your front door and a direct access to the metro from your cellar.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

And if that so-called "inconvenience" can save me a few 100€, that's not the price I want to pay for an airbridge.

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

Ryanair flight ALC-RYG diverted to CRL for A/C problem this morning, then continued the itinerary with another aircraft.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

Not really an abnormality but:

OO-SFZ just returned from the B-Hangar and is doing engine tests as BEL7 at the crossing of W and Y (the engine test circle)
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Incident: Aegean A321 near Brussels on Apr 19th 2014, cracked windshield

An Aegean Airlines Airbus A321-200, registration SX-DVO performing flight A3-603 from London Heathrow,EN (UK) to Athens (Greece), was enroute at FL350 about 40nm south of Brussels (Belgium) when the crew declared Mayday due to a cracked windshield. The aircraft performed a rapid descent to FL240 and diverted to Brussels for a safe landing on runway 02 about 20 minutes later.

A number of passengers were rebooked onto scheduled flight A3-623 from Brussels to Athens performed by the Airbus A321-200 registration SX-DVZ. These passengers reached Athens with a delay of 3 hours.

An Airbus A320-200, registration SX-DVI performing flight A3-639 from Manchester,EN (UK) to Athens, made an unscheduled intermediate stop at Brussels to pick up the remaining passengers and delivered them to Athens with a delay of 7 hours and the passengers from Manchester with a delay of one hour.

Source: The Aviation Herald
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Yesterday (Friday 25 April 2014) evening, an incoming JAF flight bound to Casablanca landed in BRU instead of CRL after a technical problem, because the night curfew at CRL would have prevented it from taking off the same day. Normal departure from CRL was scheduled at 22:30. Passengers were transported by bus to BRU, where the departure was rescheduled at 02:30 this Saturday morning.

But the repairs to the aircraft took longer than anticipated. Passengers were brought to a hotel and a new crew was called in because the first crew had exceeded its time.

In the morning, passengers were driven back to BRU airport. Take-off rescheduled at 09:00. Passengers are boarding only at 11:30, but one passenger had failed to identify his bag (all the bags had been unloaded onto the tarmac for identification). All passengers had again to disembarked to identify all the bags. Finally the plane left to Casablanca at 11:43, more than 12 hours late.

Full story (French): http://www.rtl.be/info/vous/temoignage/ ... casablanca
André
ex Sabena #26567

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

The visual bag check... it still exists :)
There is only one way to avoid these checks... tag scan the bag before it gets loaded. I can't understand why this is not yet mandatory on every flight.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

On 25th April, HQ-5842 Brussels-Tenerife was operated by a Sata International A320 (CS-TKP). The flight had to divert to Bordeaux because of engine failure. A replacement Privilege Style 757-200 (EC-HDS) was flown to Bordeaux and brought the passengers to Tenerife with a delay of 7h45.

Source - more info:
http://avherald.com/h?article=4737f721&opt=0