Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sean1982 »

Yes, but the personal attack against myself is not ... as usual :/

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

Inquirer wrote: I know, which is why I've said I will be pleased when it is finally implemented, so the annomality is over.
As said: whether it's legal or not, it's no longer at its place in today's highly interconnected world as literally millions of people are working for foreign companies now, so just pay where you are working
It has been implemented in June 2012, as explained over 100 times on this forum.
Crew and the airlines pay social security in the country in which the crewmember is based. There are grandfather rights for those employed before 2012, but these grandfather rights are lost as soon as a minor thing changes in your labor agreement. Also both employer and employee can request to be subject to the new rules iso the old ones. There ar no grandfather rigts for those employed in some countries which had a more strict national law before the implementation of 2012, eg France.
Income tax is paid as per double tax treaty between country of employment and country of residence, as is the case for everybody working abroad.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has long faced public criticism for its surcharges and treatment of customers, and now it appears Mr O’Leary feels that his management style may have been too abrasive.
In an interview with MailOnline Travel, Mr O’Leary said he realises that his mentor and Ryanair co-founder, the late Tony Ryan, was on to something when he campaigned for a customer-friendly airline.
He said: ‘The thing that we repeatedly would have clashed over was my determination to make Ryanair the lowest cost airline in Europe and Tony’s desire to make it the most beloved airline in Europe.

‘As I said myself if I had known being nicer to our customers was going to work so well I would have done it years ago.’

Travellers appear to be warming up to Ryanair’s effort to revamp its image with the airline expecting more passengers and a higher net profit than originally forecast this fiscal year.
It expects to carry 87 million customers, an increase of one million from the previous forecast, and it has raised its full year net profit towards the upper end of its previously guided range of £484m to £507m.

It comes as Ryanair plans an aggressive expansion across Europe and into new markets, including North Africa, Israel and the Gulf States with the purchase of up to 200 new Boeing 737 Max 200 aircraft.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/trave ... z3HcmSqgCr
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

MOL in Rome. There is a press in the city center

MrG4

Post by MrG4 »

MOL said they want to increase Italian market(+15%), especially with domestic connections and connections with european capitals......and both ,Ryanair and Linate airport, want each other.
Linate is the closest airport in Milan, usually used for business flights, because very close to the city center (8kms).
After Etihad acquired Alitalia the Government did a drecree on Linate, that stops limits of aircraft movements daily (that were done for "pretecting" Malpensa)

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

La programmazione Ryanair da Roma Ciampino per l’inverno 2014
- 4 nuove rotte: Atene (2 al giorno), Colonia (1 al giorno), Crotone (1 al giorno) e Lisbona (2 al giorno)
- 7 rotte domestiche per Alghero, Brindisi, Bari, Cagliari, Comiso, Crotone e Trapani
- voli extra e una programmazione migliorata su 19 rotte tra cui Dublino (2 al giorno) e Valencia (1 al giorno)
- rotte chiave per il business per Londra (4 al giorno), Madrid (3 al giorno) e Parigi (2 al giorno)
- 42 rotte in totale, oltre 4,6 milioni di clienti Ryanair all’anno a Roma Ciampino

La programmazione Ryanair da Roma Fiumicino per l’inverno 2014
- rotte domestiche per Catania (6 frequenze al giorno), Lamezia (2 al giorno) e Palermo (4 al giorno).
- offerta chiave per il business verso Barcellona (3 al giorno) e Bruxelles Zaventem (2 al giorno)
- 5 rotte in totale, oltre 1,7 milioni di clienti Ryanair all’anno a Roma Fiumicino

http://www.turismo-attualita.it/news/ry ... 0%20/48618

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair is in the second round of bidders to take over loss-making Cyprus Airways, Chief Executive Michael O'Leary said on Thursday.
O'Leary said his company would meet with auditor KPMG on Friday in Cyprus, but did not know how the process of selling the loss-making airline, which is more than 90 percent-owned by the Cypriot government, would proceed.
I don't even know who (else) is in the second round," O'Leary told Reuters after a news conference in Rome.

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/10/3 ... 30?rpc=401

Stij

Post by Stij »

airazurxtror wrote:La programmazione Ryanair da Roma Ciampino per l’inverno 2014
- 4 nuove rotte: Atene (2 al giorno), Colonia (1 al giorno), Crotone (1 al giorno) e Lisbona (2 al giorno)
- 7 rotte domestiche per Alghero, Brindisi, Bari, Cagliari, Comiso, Crotone e Trapani
- voli extra e una programmazione migliorata su 19 rotte tra cui Dublino (2 al giorno) e Valencia (1 al giorno)
- rotte chiave per il business per Londra (4 al giorno), Madrid (3 al giorno) e Parigi (2 al giorno)
- 42 rotte in totale, oltre 4,6 milioni di clienti Ryanair all’anno a Roma Ciampino

La programmazione Ryanair da Roma Fiumicino per l’inverno 2014
- rotte domestiche per Catania (6 frequenze al giorno), Lamezia (2 al giorno) e Palermo (4 al giorno).
- offerta chiave per il business verso Barcellona (3 al giorno) e Bruxelles Zaventem (2 al giorno)
- 5 rotte in totale, oltre 1,7 milioni di clienti Ryanair all’anno a Roma Fiumicino

http://www.turismo-attualita.it/news/ry ... 0%20/48618
Buonasera Sig. Airazurxtror,

Possiamo fare una piccola traduzione in Inglese. Purtroppo la lingua Italiana non e ancora una lingua ufficiale su questo forum! ;-)

Buona notte!

Stij

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Stij wrote: Buonasera Sig. Airazurxtror,

Possiamo fare una piccola traduzione in Inglese. Purtroppo la lingua Italiana non e ancora una lingua ufficiale su questo forum! ;-)
Stij
Ciao padrino !
Mi sembrava che assomiglia tanto il francese ... ma fa niente, ecco la traduzione, con piacere :

The Ryanair program from Rome Ciampino - winter 2014
- 4 new routes: Athens (2 per day), Cologne (1 per day), Croton (1 per day) and Lisbon (2 per day)
- 7 domestic routes to Alghero, Brindisi, Bari, Cagliari, Comiso, Crotone and Trapani
- Improved scheduling and extra flights on 19 routes, amongst them Dublin (2 per day) and Valencia (1 per day)
- Business key routes to London (4 per day), Madrid (3 per day) and Paris (2 per day)
- 42 routes in total, more than 4.6 million Ryanair customers per year at Rome Ciampino

The Ryanair program from Rome Fiumicino - winter 2014
- Domestic routes to Catania (6 frequencies per day), Lamezia (2 per day) and Palermo (4 per day).
- Business key offering to Barcelona (3 per day) and Brussels Zaventem (2 per day)
- 5 routes in total, more than 1.7 million Ryanair customers per year to Rome Fiumicino

(6 daily Roma Fiumicino-Catania Fontanarossa: interesting possibility of BRU-FCO-CTA-FCO-BRU same day !)

Stij

Post by Stij »

Grazie mille don Airazurxtror! E vero che e vicino al francese, ma tantissimi da noi non capiscono la lingua di Molière! ;-)

Ciao,

Stij

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair has raised it's profit forecast from 580 to 750million EURO after a 9% raise in passenger numbers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... s-off.html

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Ryanair has raised it's profit forecast from 580 to 750million EURO after a 9% raise in passenger numbers
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... s-off.html
Already reported by sn26567 (André):

here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=55005

and here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=55006

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The original reference being :

http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... ?market=ie

Extracts :

“We are pleased to report this significant increase in H1 profits. While partially due to the presence of Easter in Q1 and a weak prior year comparable, we have also enjoyed a strong summer thanks to our strategy (announced Sept. 2013), of raising forward bookings and improving our customer experience which has delivered higher load factors and yields. We achieved a number of milestones during the half year including:

•H1 profits up 32% to €795m.
•Traffic up 4% to 51.3m (load factor up 4% points to 89%).
•Average H1 fare up 5% to €54.
•4 new bases and 57 new routes opened.
•Improved website and mobile app rolled out.
•“Always Getting Better” customer experience improving.
•“Family Extra” and “Business Plus” products launched.
•€850m 7yr Euro bond issued @ 1.875%.
•€520m special dividend in Feb 2015 approved.
•Launch order for 200 Boeing 737-MAX “Gamechanger” aircraft (sub. to EGM approval).
•Revised growth plan to double to 150m p.a. customers by 2024.

The 5% rise in average fares and the 4% point increase in load factors has driven a 32% increase in H1 profits and validates our “Always Getting Better” programme and higher forward booking strategy.

Half year unit costs fell by 2%. Excluding fuel they rose 3% mainly due to higher landing and handling costs at primary airports, and a higher marketing spend to support the “Always Getting Better” programme. H1 Ancillary revenue grew by 4% to €741m.

The success of our “Always Getting Better” programme is evidenced by our rising forward booking’s profile which is continuing into the winter season despite a very substantial (16%) winter traffic growth. As we enter November, forward bookings for Dec. to March continue to run on average 5% ahead of this time last year.

We have been pleasantly surprised at the rapid uptake of our new Family Extra and Business Plus products which are enabling Ryanair to win new customers from all our higher fare competitors.

Our 4 new summer bases in Athens, Brussels, Lisbon and Rome have performed well with strong load factors, as customers at primary airports switch quickly to Ryanair’s lower fares and industry leading punctuality.

Forward bookings on our 4 new winter bases in Cologne, Gdansk, Glasgow and Warsaw are building quickly. We are very excited by Ryanair’s re-entry into the 2 big UK domestic routes, Glasgow-London and Edinburgh-London (where we offer 3 times daily business schedules) at fares which are 50% lower than those charged by Easyjet or British Airways. We look forward to winning a significant share of the Scotland-London business market this winter. We expect this performance to be mirrored in other domestic business routes where we offer double daily frequencies such as Porto-Lisbon, Gdansk-Warsaw, and Wroclaw-Warsaw. We are making significant inroads in domestic Italy as Alitalia cuts short haul capacity. Germany is also an area of significant opportunity as continuing shorthaul capacity cuts by Air Berlin and Lufthansa enables Ryanair to expand in primary airports including Cologne, Hamburg, and Berlin. Last week we announced Copenhagen as our 70th base which opens in March 2015 and begins Ryanair’s expansion in the high fare Scandinavian region after a number of years without capacity growth in that market.

In September, we took delivery of the 1st of 180 new Boeing 737-800 NG aircraft in Seattle. These new aircraft will enable Ryanair to deliver strong traffic and profit growth over the coming 5 years as we grow to over 114m passenger’s p.a.

We also signed a new agreement to be the launch customer for 200 new Boeing 737-MAX 200 “Gamechanger” aircraft (100 firm and 100 options) which is subj. to EGM approval on 28th November next.

We have taken advantage of recent oil price weakness to extend our fuel hedges to 90% for FY16, at approx. $93 per barrel. In Euro terms this will result in a 2% reduction in unit fuel costs over the next 12 months.

Based on these solid H1 results, underpinned by strong forward bookings and rising load factors, we have significantly raised our winter capacity and traffic growth objectives. Traffic will grow by 12% in Q3 and by 20% in Q4, which are very ambitious targets during the weaker half of the year.

As a result traffic in H2 will now rise by 16% or 5.3m customers (2.2m more than previously guided) although we still expect H2 fares to fall.
Accordingly, we now expect full year traffic will grow by 9% to 89m customers, and ave. fares for FY15 to rise by just 1% to €47. Unit costs (excluding fuel) will be positively impacted by this significant H2 traffic increase, and we now expect unit costs will be flat for FY15. Including fuel, unit costs will fall 4% in FY15.

As a result of these 2.2m additional H2 passengers and falling unit costs, our full year net profit will significantly exceed our previous guidance (of €650m) to a new range of between €750m to €770m. However, we caution that this raised guidance remains heavily reliant on the strength of close in bookings for the remainder of Q3, and in particular Q4 where we presently have very little visibility.

While encouraged by the continuing strength of forward bookings, we would caution that close in bookings for the remainder of this winter will be subject to unforeseen events which always overhang our business, and so extreme caution rather than irrational exuberance should underpin any medium term forecasts.

- See more at: http://corporate.ryanair.com/news/news/ ... RgryC.dpuf

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Indeed, airazurxtror, this was all reported earlier here: viewtopic.php?p=308631#p308631 (with the same source: when we receive a press release, we reproduce it entirely, in the "Press releases / Official news" section).
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair B738 near Zurich on Jul 12th 2013, climbed without clearance, high risk of midair collision

http://avherald.com/h?article=47cbbb61
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

sn26567 wrote:Indeed, airazurxtror, this was all reported earlier here: viewtopic.php?p=308631#p308631
I think that news about Ryanair have their place in the "Ryanair in 2014" topic, not only in "Latest Aviation News", that few read.
Besides, I have selected the most significant points (in my view) out of a lot of other information.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/news ... anner.html

Extract :

Ryanair may still receive around 80,000 complaints a year from disgruntled customers but the airline is working on plans to cut out “middle men” such as TripAdvisor and allow passengers to rate its services on its own website.

Michael O’Leary, Ryanair’s chief executive, said the carrier wants to bypass price comparison and review websites and offer those services on Ryanair.com.

“The airlines have been somewhat dysfunctional in the way we have developed our digital platforms,” Mr O’Leary said. “TripAdvisor shouldn’t really exist as an independent platform, it should be on Ryanair. We will be establishing user forums, user feedback. What I’m particularly excited about is we are going to put a price comparison website up on Ryanair.”

Asked how Ryanair would feel if its own version of TripAdvisor was filled with complaints and negative feedback, Mr O’Leary shrugged off the risk: “Shock, horror, people might be sl*gging off Ryanair. People have been sl*gging us off for 25 years, let them work away, we are not a sensitive airline. I think what you will find is there will be much more positive endorsement coming back from people who have flown with us.”

Mr O’Leary said he regretted not making the customer service improvements earlier. He added: “We should have realised slightly earlier that we had won the price battle but we should have moved quicker or sooner on addressing those elements that unnecessarily peed people off.”

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

25% off Ryanair prices for all flights in January 2015 (not the bizness package), available until midnight today 4 november 2014 (a real discount on the full price, including fuel :lol: )
I am a bit late, sorry - better late than never.

Got me a Charleroi-Marseille return for 29,38 euros (less than a half of 69 euros !).
Last edited by airazurxtror on 07 Nov 2014, 22:01, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair to end Malmö, Sweden operations this week

Ryanair will pull out of Malmö on November 5 when it operates its last flights to London Stansted and Malaga. The news comes after the Irish LCC announced it would set up a base at Copenhagen Kastrup with effect from March 26, 2015. Situated on the southern tip of Sweden, Malmö airport is just 47 kilometres from Copenhagen Kastrup.

Despite the withdrawal, Ryanair will continue its other Swedish operations which include its Stockholm Skavsta base as well as services to Gothenburg City.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Ryanair has terminated its operations at Groningen Eelde Airport today (Groningen is up north in The Netherlands). Not just for the winter: Ryanair won't return in the summer neither.

The very last Ryanair flight today didn’t make it to Eelde though: fog forced the aircraft to divert to Münster (Germany). Passengers for both incoming and outgoing flights were bussed to/from Münster.

Source: RTV Noord (regional tv)