Ryanair in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Ryanair in 2014

Post by sn26567 »

sean1982 wrote:The boarding at the B gates is for DUB flights.
Official inauguration tomorrow in the presence of the press. I will report.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote: I said slots we're requested for next year for LPL. The boarding at the B gates is for DUB flights.
Excuse me then!
Ah, yes of course: Dublin! :)
Why no remote positions for those flights, in fact?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sn26567 wrote:
Any reason why it wasn't done on the very first day of them operating the route?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Inquirer wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
Any reason why it wasn't done on the very first day of them operating the route?
I guess that the Ryanair management have many such events to attend when the winter schedules are introduced.
André
ex Sabena #26567

White Light

Post by White Light »

http://www.lemonde.fr/economie/article/ ... _3234.html

In short : The Aix-en-Provence Appeal Court confirmed today an earlier judgement condemning Ryanair for "concealed work" while employing under Irish work contracts 127 employees working in Marseilles.
Fine of 200,000 euros and 8,1 million to be paid for damages.
Ryanair can appeal the judgement in "cassation" = an appeal on points of law. A Cassation Court only verifies if all procedure rules were applied correctly. So, basically no possibility for FR not to pay.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair sentenced on appeal in France for concealed work

The Court of Appeal of Aix-en-Provence Tuesday confirmed Ryanair's conviction for undeclared work at the base of Marignane between 2007 and 2010. The low cost airline will have to pay a fine of 200,000 euros and 8.1 million euros in damages.

The court also confirmed the additional penalties: the display of the decision on the doors of the airport terminal MP2 for a period of one month and the publication of the decision in four newspapers.

Of the 8.1 million in damages, €4.5 million will go back to the URSAFF for unpaid contributions, €3 million to the aviation fund for aircrew professional retirement, and 493,045 euros to the employment office. The counsel for the National Union of airline pilots (SNPL) welcomes the ruling: "This shows that low-cost airlines, like all others, must comply with the rules," says Claire Hocquet.

"The message of the court is clear: European law is not an instrument of fraud of the Social Security," said Jean-Victor Borel, lawyer for URSAFF. Ryanair, of which no representative was present at the courthouse Tuesday may lodge an appeal, but the appeal is not suspensive and and the judgement is thus enforceable. The proceedings against the airline are linked to the conditions of remuneration of local employees paid under Irish contracts and not French law.

Employees under Irish contract

At a trial before the criminal court of Aix-en-Provence in October 2013, Ryanair had previously been convicted of violating French labour law. From the opening of the base in 2007 to its closure in 2011, Ryanair has never declared its activity in the commercial register or the Urssaf. Its 127 employees fell within the Irish law. Since 2006, a decree provides that the French Labour Code applies to airlines in France with a base of operations.

Ryanair has always challenged the decree. It believes that its aircraft only stay temporarily on French soil, and the staff takes its instructions from the headquarters of Dublin.

After France Info: http://www.franceinfo.fr/actu/justice/a ... ule-591973
André
ex Sabena #26567

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The french decree was issued specifically to protect Air France, no such decree exists in the rest of Europe - not that it protects Air France so much, its losses are still mounting.
On the good side : no Ryanair base is likely to be set in France, meaning there are more planes available for the RYR bases outside France - eg Charleroi and Brussels.
And for a Belgian, it's better : the first flight in the morning will depart from Belgium, earlier than a return flight with a plane coming from France - and the return in the evening will be later.
Every cloud has a silver lining !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sn26567 wrote:
I guess that the Ryanair management have many such events to attend when the winter schedules are introduced.
And so BRU is not a priority for them?
Last edited by sn26567 on 28 Oct 2014, 19:17, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: corrected BBCode

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
And so BRU is not a priority for them?
It sure is ... But honestly one new route is not that worldshocking is it?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote:The french decree was issued specifically to protect Air France, no such decree exists in the rest of Europe - not that it protects Air France so much, its losses are still mounting.
In every single country of the European Union, employees have to pay social security in the country where they are working, not in the country where their employer is officially registered. There are some exemptions, like near-border-workers and cockpit crew/cabin crew. But for ground staff and administration, it's the same in all EU countries. Hence this severe conviction for social fraud. The fine, 200.000 €, is the maximum fine by the way.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Ryanair never had any ground staff or administration in MRS??
You dont even know what you are talking about

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Ryanair never had any ground staff or administration in MRS??
You dont even know what you are talking about
In the first conviction, the French prosecutor had proven that the manager had an office at the airport and that he rented an apartment in downtown Marseille, hence it was a French employee.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

There was no residing manager in MRS!
never has been, never will be.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:There was no residing manager in MRS!
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/economie/1.2132101
Volgens Ryanair vielen zijn 127 werknemers in Marseille onder de Ierse sociale wetgeving. Ze waren niet geregistreerd in Frankrijk, maar in Ierland, wat echter illegaal is volgens de openbaar aanklager. Op die manier hoefden er geen bijdragen voor de sociale zekerheid en de pensioendienst in Frankrijk te worden betaald. De lagekostenmaatschappij werd in oktober 2013 al veroordeeld, maar ging in hoger beroep. Daar werd ze dus ook schuldig bevonden.

Ryanair stated that its 127 employees at Marseille worked under Irish social legislation. That way, they could pay social security in Ireland iso France.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

"...La justice estime à l'inverse que la compagnie mène une activité pérenne, et même croissante, depuis cette base. L'enquête des gendarmes de l'Office central de lutte contre le travail illégal (OCLTI) montre ainsi que Ryanair dispose de 300 m2 de locaux, avec des lignes fixes, 95 casiers, des sous-traitants et deux cadres reconnus comme supérieurs hiérarchiques. Une surveillance des parkings révèle aussi que les salariés vivent dans la région..."

http://www.journaldunet.com/actualite/d ... ille.shtml

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

That whole conceiled base story of FR in France is a very dirty one if you ask me. I don't know the details and maybe shouldn't judge, but when you read and hear things about French investigators waiting for staff to leave their working places to interogate them about their jobs (as FR is refused for years to deliver lists of staff working at MRS as a base as according to FR it doesn't exist, leaving aside that they are not registred in France and don't pay contributions in France) and FR forbidding them to tell certain details about their work in MRS and not even allowing them to wear a badge and/or uniform when going from the airport offices/crew center to the parking lot so they can't be recognised as FR staff...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:
http://deredactie.be/cm/vrtnieuws/economie/1.2132101
Volgens Ryanair vielen zijn 127 werknemers in Marseille onder de Ierse sociale wetgeving. Ze waren niet geregistreerd in Frankrijk, maar in Ierland, wat echter illegaal is volgens de openbaar aanklager. Op die manier hoefden er geen bijdragen voor de sociale zekerheid en de pensioendienst in Frankrijk te worden betaald. De lagekostenmaatschappij werd in oktober 2013 al veroordeeld, maar ging in hoger beroep. Daar werd ze dus ook schuldig bevonden.

Ryanair stated that its 127 employees at Marseille worked under Irish social legislation. That way, they could pay social security in Ireland iso France.
Im nor even going to waste my breath on this one. All I am saying is that this legal framework is being used by airlines and the shipping industry all over the world to employ border workers. There have been many precedents, also in Belgium for example and FR has won every single one of them, proving that they are following the european laws on this to the letter. ONLY in france and ONLY with FR they are making a case out of it. You clearly only know what Google is telling you, which aint much.
But the french and protectionism? C'est pas possible :roll:

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

Saw on the BRU website two special flights from Ryanair :D

13:00 FR001 London Stansted

Is this flight to move airplanes between bases or is this a 'test' for a possible upcoming new destination of Ryanair :mrgreen:

Cheers,
Danny

Lysexpat

Post by Lysexpat »

sean1982 wrote:Im nor even going to waste my breath on this one. All I am saying is that this legal framework is being used by airlines and the shipping industry all over the world to employ border workers. There have been many precedents, also in Belgium for example and FR has won every single one of them, proving that they are following the european laws on this to the letter. ONLY in france and ONLY with FR they are making a case out of it.
I am afraid it was NOT legal in France, the French legislation was the same as the new actual European law, hence cew based in France had to pay French social security.
Ryan, Ezy, Vueling, Cityjet and even Air France (as it was using Cityjet employees on AF flight numbers) have all been convicted.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Like I said ... ONLY in france. They need to protect their nearly bankrupt legacy carrier off course