Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2014

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium in 2014

Post by sean1982 »

sergioboeing wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
sergioboeing wrote:What a pity that this airline is not growing like Jetairfly :(
They have a different strategy. Jetairfly is operating its own long-haul flights, whereas Thomas Cook relies on Condor with a connection in FRA. Jetairfly leases out its excess aircraft during the winter, Thomas Cook has less aircraft and buys seats or aircraft from other airlines during the summer.
In term of brand image I think it would be better for TCAB to fly with their own aircrafts instead of lease different airlines such as Avion Express, SATA Intl etc.
I suppose it is more complicated to manage?
By the way, that's the reason why I am not big fan of TCAB, you never sure to fly with an aircraft of their fleet.
+1
Exactly the same reason why I book JAF

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

too bad "the group" doesn't invest in the Belgium division by leasing out some planes from the UK or Germany to the Brussels base.
Citybird
The flying dream

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

That's not true... The aircraft that replace the ones leaving the fleet are tcx and cfg metals.
TCW is in a transition period. In summer 2015 the fleet will have a new cabin and the sunny heart livery.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

Ok then i said nothing :)
Citybird
The flying dream

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

AirOpinion wrote:That's not true... The aircraft that replace the ones leaving the fleet are tcx and cfg metals.
TCW is in a transition period. In summer 2015 the fleet will have a new cabin and the sunny heart livery.
Hello

And not only the replacement aircraft but OOTCH was also ex Condor (D-AICM), some years ago there were also talks or rumours TCAB would lease an A321 of TCX. Do not forget, in the beginning of this year often Condor aircraft were supporting the TCAB fleet (D-AICA for example)

Greetings,
All my posted timings are local !

Wim@TCAB

Post by Wim@TCAB »

tangolima wrote:
AirOpinion wrote:That's not true... The aircraft that replace the ones leaving the fleet are tcx and cfg metals.
Hello

And not only the replacement aircraft but OOTCH was also ex Condor (D-AICM), some years ago there were also talks or rumours TCAB would lease an A321 of TCX. Do not forget, in the beginning of this year often Condor aircraft were supporting the TCAB fleet (D-AICA for example)

Greetings,
This winter season (in busy periods), Condor aircraft will also come to Brussels to support TCAB-ops.

From what we heard, the planes replacing the ones leaving the fleet, will come from DE and TCAS. The DE-planes should already have the new cabin interior when arriving in Brussels next spring. I don't know about the TCAS-plane, but I hope it will have it as well.

Wim@TCAB

Post by Wim@TCAB »

sergioboeing wrote:
sn26567 wrote:
sergioboeing wrote:What a pity that this airline is not growing like Jetairfly :(
They have a different strategy. Jetairfly is operating its own long-haul flights, whereas Thomas Cook relies on Condor with a connection in FRA. Jetairfly leases out its excess aircraft during the winter, Thomas Cook has less aircraft and buys seats or aircraft from other airlines during the summer.
In term of brand image I think it would be better for TCAB to fly with their own aircrafts instead of lease different airlines such as Avion Express, SATA Intl etc.
I suppose it is more complicated to manage?
By the way, that's the reason why I am not big fan of TCAB, you never sure to fly with an aircraft of their fleet.
It should be better soon, as TCAB will perform as much flights as possible with own aircraft (eg Turkey-flights). In summer, some flights will still be operated by Brussels Airlines. But, I say again... "SHOULD".

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium officially presented its new colours and the refurbished cabin to the press this afternoon. The contents of the presentation can be read here, together with a few pictures: https://www.aviation24.be/airlines_press_r ... mmer-2015/

But the interesting news is not in the press release: it comes from discussions with the management of the airline.
  • OO-TCH which was presented today was repainted and refurbished during its first D-check, carried out at the Thomas Cook Technical Centre in Manchester. The aircraft was built in 2003.
  • Lighter Acro seats, the stripping of the old paint layers and a new method to apply fresh paint made the aircraft 800 kg lighter.
  • WiFi will be installed on board, not for access to the Internet, but to enable passengers to get a selection of music and movies on the tablets or smartphones.
  • This winter TCAB will fly with three aircraft, one A319 and two A320s.
  • Next summer, there will be 6 aircraft in the fleet: one A319 and 5 A320s, all of them in the new colours and with the new cabins. Two of the current A320s will leave the fleet to be replaced by aircraft coming from Condor.
  • If the market allows, one A320 will be replaced by an A321.
  • Some flights to Rhodos will be operated by an A330 of Thomas Cook Scandinavia.
  • TCAB will concentrate its flights in Brussels and leave Ostend and Lille. A few flight will also take off from Liège next summer
A few more pictures (in addition to those in the main article)
General Manager Jean-Christophe Degen during his presentation to the press
General Manager Jean-Christophe Degen during his presentation to the press
IMG_7813.JPG
IMG_7814.JPG
IMG_7819.JPG
IMG_7821.JPG
Leg room is OK
Leg room is OK
André
ex Sabena #26567

Sai

Post by Sai »

Nice!
Does TCAB have moving maps/airshow on their aircraft?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Sai wrote:Nice!
I don't know. However they do have new screens in OO-TCH, compatible with airshows.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Depretair

Post by Depretair »

sn26567 wrote:
Sai wrote:Nice!
I don't know. However they do have new screens in OO-TCH, compatible with airshows.
Yes, HQ will have moving maps/airshow on all 320 as from start of summer 2015.
Only the 319 will remain without IFE.

SN056M

Post by SN056M »

Some flights to Rhodos will be operated by an A330 of Thomas Cook Scandinavia.
I fly to Rhodos next year, it sure would be nice to fly the 330..never been on one before..
Marc

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sn26567 wrote:[*]Some flights to Rhodos will be operated by an A330 of Thomas Cook Scandinavia.
This Luchtzak exclusive news has now been confirmed "exclusively" by ch-aviation:

Thomas Cook Belgium to lease a Danish A330 next Summer

Thomas Cook Airlines Belgium will wet-lease an A330-300 from sister carrier Thomas Cook Airlines Scandinavia to cover summer demand next year ch-aviation can exclusively reveal. A spokesperson has confirmed to ch-aviation that the aircraft will be used on the Belgian carrier's Brussels National to Rhodes rotation over the period July 5 to August 30, 2015.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

The 330 will be used on the Sunday flight only.

SN056M

Post by SN056M »

sdbelgium wrote:The 330 will be used on the Sunday flight only.
Yess i fly the sunday flight to rhodes on 26/7...Never flew the A330 before.
Marc