Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Post by sean1982 »

Inquirer wrote:I don't know if they qualify as other airlines for BRU, but Thomas Cook and jetairfly have been serving Ibiza in the past and you can book tickets with them too, so the only new destination which gives access to a discount is Trevino, provided BRU doesn't count it as just another Venice, as far as I understand the public information, and it would also match the public statements from the airport.

No idea why taxes on staff tickets may be lower, but wouldn't surprise me if you guys can get a discount: airline staff flies for cheap, don't they? or was it a Trevino ticket, by accident?
No, iT wasnt treviso.
And it wasnt a staff ticket, it was duty travel, so a ticket FR books for an employee to travel for work.
These are the cheapest tickets as obviously they are not going to pay themselves, except for taxes.
So fare: 0€
Taxes: xx€

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Is someone willing to be just open about this? What's the standard rate and what is the rate applied to RYR?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

There might be something why on that type of ticket the charges come out cheaper that I don't know about, I'm not 100% sure. I'm just saying what I observe.

I believe standard charge is 28,50€

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Hi Sean,

Thanks. I'm not familiar with airport taxes. Is that for one-way tickets? How does the system work actually? Do you pay the return tax at the destination airport?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Hey,

28,5€ is the standard tax for a departing pax in BRU, so one way. For the return you need to add the tax from the airport your leasing from.

So a return ticket consists off:
Fare A-B
Fare B-A
Tax airport A
Tax airport B
Charges

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Not sure if it's true, but rumours are that there will be a new 3 daily route announced for BRU today.

EDIT: wrong rumour

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

sean1982 wrote:Not sure if it's true, but rumours are that there will be a new 3 daily route announced for BRU today.

EDIT: wrong rumour
Always heard that in April new routes would be announced by FR, so it's possible. Non-schengen routes this times.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

They need to look beyond the summer if they want to keep their fleet at BRU bussy as I don't think they will keep serving all of their current routes in south of Europe at the same frequency over winter.

Something like DUB or BHX, or if they want to take advantage of tax cuts for non-existing routes like was recently discussed around here, maybe Stansted in the UK, combined with something in Eastern Europe, style BUD or so. That should help them through winter.