Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Re: Ryanair at Brussels Airport

Post by Inquirer »

That looks like a very leisure oriented offer to me???
Feeling somewhat disappointed after all the talk about business routes!
I mean: where's the UK, Germany, Austria, Scandinavia?
That's where people do business; this has citytrip and beach holiday written allover it.
And they come to BRU for this???
I just don't get it, sorry. :(
Last edited by Inquirer on 27 Nov 2013, 11:07, edited 1 time in total.

crlhub

Post by crlhub »

http://www.lalibre.be/economie/actualit ... 9ffde27fff

vueling is the real target now it is very clear

1500 jobs what a joke (like in CRL),less than 100 is probably near the real truth

5 pure 'leisure'mainly summer destinations

the other 5 beings a mix of vfr/citytrip/leisure and some business/institutionnal(EU)

But even I don't see the EU crowd flying with FR.

Not a single pure Business route like MAN for exemple.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

It is direct competition with SN, TAP and Vueling.

But BRU can't ignore them. The last couple of years LC was increasing the European figures Always in the black figures while the scheduled/regular European flights of main carrier SN was doing a bad job. Since last year this is also doing again better.

So this is now a signal to certain airlines too, especially SN. Their direct competitor is now playing on the same grass field.
For sure there will be a shuffle of pax between the carriers. From Alitalia, SN and TAP to FR. Maybe also from Vueling to FR.
Easyjet will have no competition of FR, so it means that two strong LCC can build a severe network out of BRU.

SN, pilots and the unions, should think twice now before to strike again. It is now again easier to take an other carrier.
But I don't think that SN will be hit that hard. They have a good long haul network and good connections and flights to Southern Europe is also in cooperation with external partners, so they have the feed already.

But it is a strong signal to SN and focus to long haul as more and more carriers are finding their way to BRU.

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

I'm not really looking forward working in the Skyshops again (during summer season) if RYR clients will be there.. no offence but most of them are either retarded or rude or both..

I only fly RYR when I have to which has been 2 times in the last 7 years..
Last edited by Tomskii on 27 Nov 2013, 11:22, edited 1 time in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I don't think SN has a lot to fear yet. Clearly this is targeted at vueling at the moment. Also quite a lot of JAF routes, but they always have their package holidayers, so not really an issue for them either. We'll see what the future will bring at BRU.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Tomskii wrote:I'm not really looking forward working in the Skyshops again if RYR clients will be there.. no offence but most of them are either retarded or rude or both..

Wow, talking about putting people in boxes :roll: If you flew FR twice in the last 7 years you have no clue what you are talking about! :roll:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

But I hope SN will react quickly and REALLY expending the network, we need more frequence to New York, we need a third destination in Africa and finally we need an expension in Africa!

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Hi atlantis!

I read that ryanair indeed didn't talk to BRU about their plans before and now expects to engage in talks with the airport about 'their needs'.

Since you are pretty well up to speed with all that, what's your take on this?

Will BRU be accomodative to all those needs and are there in fact possibilities like extra easyjetstyle gates, or is BRU going to have a serious problem at its hands with this?

I have seen their CEO say ryanair just doesn't fit their commercial strategy, which I think is a fairly bold statement to make before you know the plans, yet given the destinations announced today, Indeed I don't think BRU will jump of joy to see them compete with vueling as they are very much preferred by BRU, probably because they come with more incentives (IAG group and stuff).

What's your take on that matter?
Last edited by Inquirer on 27 Nov 2013, 11:24, edited 1 time in total.

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

sean1982 wrote:
Tomskii wrote:I'm not really looking forward working in the Skyshops again if RYR clients will be there.. no offence but most of them are either retarded or rude or both..

Wow, talking about putting people in boxes :roll: If you flew FR twice in the last 7 years you have no clue what you are talking about! :roll:
As a matter of fact I've flown them this summer. So yes I have a recent image of the people that fly ryanair. I think 'marginaal' as we say in Dutch is still an understatement.

It's like a herd of cows all going for the exit.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

sean1982 wrote:

Well me I use to work with those passenger and indeed this is different client. They pay nothing and they expect everything!

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

Exactly crew1990: thank you for backing me up on this one..

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

On every plane in the world you will find a few "marginale" passengers. If you choose to generalize that's your choice, but guess who the greatest cow is then.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The new connector will be right on time at BRU too.
Also thinking about mobility. BRU wants more and more pax coming to the airport by public transport. Busses are already quite ok but there should be a lot more trains coming to the airport.
There were plans for a LC car parking, not the discount parking, but with the Ring it is not a solution.
The NMBS should offer a lot more trains to/from the airport and this from many directions over the country.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Ryanair announced 10 new routes out of BRU. From Feb 2014. Four aircraft based in BRU. ALC BCN IBZ LIS AGP PMI OPO FIU TVS VLC. At least double daily.

Envoyé de mon GT-I9100 en utilisant Tapatalk
André
ex Sabena #26567

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

sean1982 wrote:On every plane in the world you will find a few "marginale" passengers. If you choose to generalize that's your choice, but guess who the greatest cow is then.
Yes..

But do I have to tell you that the cheaper the tickets are the more of them you get? You won't find as much of 'marginal' people on a 800 EUR flight than on a 50 EUR flights..

And yes I choose to generalize, because I experienced it twice. I have always been known as a non-RYR fan and as long as RYR doesn't change a lot I don't see that changing. Certainly not now when they are directly counter attacking OUR airlines at a premium airport, not at a LCC airport like CRL (which btw is a great airport in terms of being new and modern.)

crlhub

Post by crlhub »

Too many flights,a bloodbad in sight for several airlines
Attachments
5295c7db3570b69ffde28014.jpg
5295c7db3570b69ffde28014.jpg (22.84 KiB) Viewed 2931 times

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Tomskii wrote:
sean1982 wrote:On every plane in the world you will find a few "marginale" passengers. If you choose to generalize that's your choice, but guess who the greatest cow is then.
Yes..

But do I have to tell you that the cheaper the tickets are the more of them you get? You won't find as much of 'marginal' people on a 800 EUR flight than on a 50 EUR flights..

And yes I choose to generalize, because I experienced it twice. I have always been known as a non-RYR fan and as long as RYR doesn't change a lot I don't see that changing. Certainly not now when they are directly counter attacking OUR airlines at a premium airport, not at a LCC airport like CRL (which btw is a great airport in terms of being new and modern.)
I've experienced more then a dozen times crew of JAF and SN behaving like they were on a mission to the moon rather then reporting for a flight and still I don't choose to generalize. And BRU a premium airport? Please .... take a good look around you and see what lies within a 300km radius.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

ALC, IBZ, AGP, PMI... look like Jetairfly as well will suffer of it...

crlhub

Post by crlhub »

Atlantis wrote:The new connector will be right on time at BRU too.
Also thinking about mobility. BRU wants more and more pax coming to the airport by public transport. Busses are already quite ok but there should be a lot more trains coming to the airport.
There were plans for a LC car parking, not the discount parking, but with the Ring it is not a solution.
The NMBS should offer a lot more trains to/from the airport and this from many directions over the country.

there will be 6 trains/hour from bxl midi to bru according to the new sncb/nmbs timetable+ a brugge/bru direct.

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

sean1982 wrote:
Tomskii wrote:
Yes..

I've experienced more then a dozen times crew of JAF and SN behaving like they were on a mission to the moon rather then reporting for a flight and still I don't choose to generalize. And BRU a premium airport? Please .... take a good look around you and see what lies within a 300km radius.
The premium airport of Belgium, other than that if you think BRU is a bad airport... right. It's modern, clean, has lots of flights to all parts of the world (or most). And soon it will have the connector which will bring us something to do instead of walking through a long tunnel.