Brussels Airlines : pilots strike looming

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Brussels Airlines : pilots strike looming

Post by sn26567 »

Further cancellations:

SN 2283 Brussels - Oslo
SN 2284 Oslo - Brussels
SN 2627 Brussels - Hamburg
SN 2628 Hamburg - Brussels
SN 2317 Brussels - Gothenburg
SN 2318 Gothenburg - Brussels
SN 2585 Brussels - Berlin
SN 2586 Berlin - Brussels
SN 3669 Brussels - Toulouse
SN 3670 Toulouse - Brussels
SN 2663 Brussels - Copenhagen
SN 2664 Copenhagen - Brussels
SN 3715 Brussels - Bilbao
SN 3716 Bilbao - Brussels
SN 3593 Brussels - Lyon
SN 3594 Lyon - Brussels
SN 2309 Brussels - Stockholm
SN 2310 Stockholm - Brussels
SN 3591 Brussels - Lyon
SN 3592 Lyon - Brussels
SN 3187 Brussels - Rome
SN 3188 Rome - Brussels
SN 2307 Brussels - Stockholm
SN 2308 Stockholm - Brussels
André
ex Sabena #26567

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

A larger impact compared to what brussels airlines seemed to communicate in the news this morning. How are passengers doing in the mean time. I'm guessing it's a whole different ball game to reshedule all those pax compared to the six flights Geert Sciot was talking about this morning...respect for the people who have to find solutions for al those stranded passengers

convair

Post by convair »

@papysn

Let's be honest here! Sabena was definitely spoiled rotten by the unions that wanted always more money for less work, more side benefits etc...and by management that couldn't care less.

In today's case, if the pilots and their stupid union had just a little bit of common sense and real courage, they would do everything possible to ensure the takeover by LH and THEN, only THEN, maybe consider any stike, if at all necessary.

Now, to pretend that some pilots go on strike out of despair is an insult to the hundreds of millions people in the world who are REALLY poor and have reasons to despair! The SN pilots just want their comfortable life to be a bit more comfortable, which is a legitimate and respectable ambition but has nothing to do with "despair"!

StijnBRU

Post by StijnBRU »

@convair

I applaud you!

as an airline staff for a foreign carrier in BRU it is always stunning to notice how many persons support these kind of actions.
SN is our flag carrier, and we should do all things needed to get it healthy and blooming. Not supporting ones again a strike...this is THE way to get SN in the corner were SABENA ended...bankrupt and all birds grounded.
Time for a reality check, they are in the red, and deep in the red, if LH takes off its hands they can fly one way to VCV were its nice and hot and stand in the dessert for years.
Start working boys, stop killing our national carrier....AGAIN...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Additional cancellations (now extending to tomorrow):

SN 3731 Brussels - Madrid
SN 3732 Madrid - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2825 Brussels - Budapest
SN 2826 Budapest - Brussels
SN 2587 Brussels - Berlin
SN 2588 Berlin - Brussels
SN 2177 Brussels - Manchester
SN 2178 Manchester - Brussels
SN 2265 Brussels - Copenhagen
SN 2268 Copenhagen - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2905 Brussels - Vienna
SN 2906 Vienna - Brussels
SN 3151 Brussels - Milan Linate
SN 3152 Milan Linate - Brussels (19 November)
SN 3149 Brussels - Milan Malpensa
SN 3150 Milan Malpensa - Brussels
SN 2287 Brussels - Oslo
SN 2288 Oslo - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2721 Brussels - Geneva
SN 2722 Geneva - Brussels
SN 2591 Brussels - Berlin
SN 2592 Berlin - Brussels (19 November)
SN 3603 Brussels - Marseille
SN 3604 Marseille - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2705 Brussels - Basle
SN 2706 Basle - Brussels
SN 2103 Brussels - London
SN 2104 London - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2907 Brussels - Vienna
SN 2809 Vienna - Brussels
SN 2629 Brussels - Hamburg
SN 2630 Hamburg - Brussels (19 November)
SN 3159 Brussels - Milan Malpensa
SN 3160 Milan Malpensa - Brussels
SN 2675 Brussels - Toulouse
SN 2676 Toulouse - Brussels (19 November)
SN 3705 Brussels - Barcelona
SN 3706 Barcelona - Brussels
SN 3207 Brussels - Venice
SN 3208 Venice - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2815 Brussels - Prague
SN 2816 Prague - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2183 Brussels - Manchester
SN 2184 Manchester - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2725 Brussels - Geneva
SN 2726 Geneva - Brussels (19 November)
SN 2319 Brussels - Gothenburg
SN 2324 Gothenburg - Brussels (19 November)
SN 3291 Brussels - Tel Aviv
SN 3292 Tel Aviv - Brussels (19 November)
André
ex Sabena #26567

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

See Squelsh? Im not the only one thinking like this. Want to throw some personal insults at them as well??

StijnBRU

Post by StijnBRU »

@sean1982

If you have a hart for this business, then you can only disapprove these kind of stupid actions...

Squelsh

Post by Squelsh »

sean1982 wrote:See Squelsh? Im not the only one thinking like this. Want to throw some personal insults at them as well??
Ok let me take your purse and bitchslap it back to you. Watch out for vapeurkes.
--->"The unions are retards, and by extension all pilots that follow them as well. They drove sabena into the ground"<--
Sadly, as with many things in life, it is not as simple as you say. Were there many strikes? Yes. Too many strikes? yes. Was it the only reason for the downfall? Definitely no. Were the pilot-strikes only there for their luxury life, or to draw attention to SN's mismanagement? Ah, they were probably too retarded right??

Other guys here say it contributed to the downfall, that's totally different and something I can only concur with. Like convair says, maybe, just maybe, management 'that couldn't care less' had ALOT to do with it, or as also stated, maybe some politicians too? I'm sure you have read not one book about SABENA, but with one fingerpoint can come say in here the "retarted" unions and by extension the retarted pilots were the sole reasons.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

What the other guys said is exactly what I meant. The way the unions acted at SABENA's end is what nose dived the company into the ground. I never said anywhere that that as the "sole reason"

Further more you seem to have a serious problem with my sexual orientation, throwing dispicable clichés around, which says a lot more about you and your 16th century mindset then it says about me. Hopefully your childeren or grand-childeren will never have to come and tell you! How low can you go I wonder?

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Well, in Dutch we say even a donkey does not hit the same stone twice, but here they are.
It were surely not only the unions who killed Sabena, but it didn't help.
Again, in difficult times they (unions) chose to battle the cost-saving measures with a potential partner (LH) looking closely at the situation.
Without LH they will not survive! AF/KL, TK, EK/QR/EY are killing them in Africa and Europe is long lost.
And right now they decide to strike? Not good...

Cash

Post by Cash »

What happens to the passengers whose flights have been cancelled and who were not able to get another flight.
Do they get a reimbursement? Or is it just, bad luck, but we'll take your money anyway?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Cash wrote:What happens to the passengers whose flights have been cancelled and who were not able to get another flight.
Do they get a reimbursement? Or is it just, bad luck, but we'll take your money anyway?
Flights can be either changed to another date without the usual associated costs, or reimbursed in full.
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Again, due to inappropriate language, I have been compelled to remove some posts. Please write in a civilised way. This interesting thread should not be closed because of a few posts that do not fit our standards.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Ducatibiker

Post by Ducatibiker »

As passenger, I am the first victim of the strike. Yet, I support it 100%.
Enough of these nonsense managers who think that the worker should accept anything in fear of unemployment.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Ducatibiker wrote:As passenger, I am the first victim of the strike. Yet, I support it 100%.
Enough of these nonsense managers who think that the worker should accept anything in fear of unemployment.
Sadly such a position results VERY OFTEN in exactly that (unemployment). Seeing the situation of SN, these pilots can be damn happy they still have a job (except for those 8 pilots...but hey they have can have a full pension, isn't that very selfish if you want to stay in that case), something thousands of other people (who already had much more intensive and less payed jobs) can not say anymore.

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

I wonder when the press will finally talk about all the problems that are on the table on the table. Like this it seems the strike is only for those 8 people (58+), whilst most pilots strike for other reasons, not mentioned in the press.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Pocahontas wrote:I wonder when the press will finally talk about all the problems that are on the table on the table. Like this it seems the strike is only for those 8 people (58+), whilst most pilots strike for other reasons, not mentioned in the press.
I do not doubt the fact that there are more things going on than just these 8 pilots, but from all what I heard (not just in the media), I still can not defend such a strike on a moment like this with SN in a situation like this.

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

If these reasons are justified, why are the unions not mentioning them?

Pocahontas

Post by Pocahontas »

They were mentioned by the Unions, but not broadcasted. They only show a small part of what was said.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

De Tijd often has more in depth information and is mentioning 4 breaking points in the negotiation:
http://www.tijd.be/nieuws/ondernemingen ... 9-3085.art