TUIFly Belgium (ex-Jetairfly) Boeing 787 Dreamliners

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: The Jetairfly Boeing 787

Post by RoMax »

BATAVIA wrote:Citybird 767 and MD 11 were not factory New neither
Looking at MD-11: OO-CTS and OO-CTC were delivered to Sabena/CityBird brand new in 1998 (OO-CTC was even the last MD-11 pax ever built). OO-CTB was not brand new, but CityBird was the first civil user of the aircraft (delivery in late 1996 after several months with McDonnell Douglas).
The 767's: OO-CTA was delivered to CityBird in 2000, I can not find another user of the aircraft before that delivery date (it was leased to Vietnam Airlines during the winter of 2000/2001). Same for OO-CTQ in 1998.

Sobelair: OO-SLS (763ER) delivered new to Sobelair in 2000, same for OO-SLR (earlier in 2000), OO-SBY was from 1994 already (the other 767's they operated first flew for other airlines).
Sabena had two A332 deliveries in 2000.

When looking at cargo aircraft indeed these of TNT, but don't forget the two 744F that were operated brand new by Cargo B Airlines. They were not owned by Cargo B, but they were the first user of them as from late 2008 (OO-CBC) and May 2009 (OO-CBD).

So for pax aircraft it's 13 years ago, quite long indeed (but not yet decadeS). But until the bankrupties of Sabena/Sobelair/CityBird, we had quite some brand new widebody aircraft flying in Belgium.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Nevertheless, great landmark date for belgian aviation!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Let's hope that the aircraft is not as prone to technical faults as Norwegians 788 fleet at the moment. Once the aircraft/airline gets a bad reputation for delays (and usually extremely long ones in long haul ops) it's difficult to get rid off. OO-TUC was still nicknamed "de konijnenboeing" untill the day it retired.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

sean1982 wrote:Let's hope that the aircraft is not as prone to technical faults as Norwegians 788 fleet at the moment. Once the aircraft/airline gets a bad reputation for delays (and usually extremely long ones in long haul ops) it's difficult to get rid off. OO-TUC was still nicknamed "de konijnenboeing" untill the day it retired.
Or the fabulous name OO-STUC :lol:
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote:Let's hope that the aircraft is not as prone to technical faults as Norwegians 788 fleet at the moment. Once the aircraft/airline gets a bad reputation for delays (and usually extremely long ones in long haul ops) it's difficult to get rid off. OO-TUC was still nicknamed "de konijnenboeing" untill the day it retired.
The current dispatch reliability of all 787's in service is about 97%, but some operators (those having few aircraft like Norwegian probably) have much lower numbers according to Boeing. Therefore Boeing's CEO is not satisfied with this as they don't meet the expectations of their customers.
A frustrating element in the 787 reliability is that one-third of all the problems are caused by false messages from the 787 software. Boeing is working on engineering changes (mainly changes in the software) and they make sure there are more spare parts available for the customers to respond faster on AOG situations.
McNerny (Boeing's President and CEO) says they are making progress, but still have a lot of work to do.

So let's hope further progress is being made by the end of December when JAF starts using their 787 on sheduled services...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

RoMax wrote:McNerny (Boeing's President and CEO) says they are making progress, but still have a lot of work to do.
Am I the only one who finds that quite scandalous? Imagine how you would feel if you buy a new car and then have to bring it to the garage every other week because off software (or even hardware problems). When you demand an explanation the dealer says: We are making progress, but we still have a lot of work to do. I would go through the roof! This is quite unnacceptable in my opinion.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

sean1982 wrote: Am I the only one who finds that quite scandalous? Imagine how you would feel if you buy a new car and then have to bring it to the garage every other week because off software (or even hardware problems). When you demand an explanation the dealer says: We are making progress, but we still have a lot of work to do. I would go through the roof! This is quite unnacceptable in my opinion.
Buying a car is a slightly less complicated matter than buying an airplane... But indeed it's still unacceptable that Boeing can not deliver what they promissed. But what else can they say than that they are making progress? All the commercial arrangements will be done off the record/behind the screens of course, it's not like this is the only thing Boeing has to say to their customers, the above statement is just what they feel they can say in the media admitting their problems.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

And here it is, OO-JDL left the paint hangar (except that you can recognise the 'shape' of the registration, you can't see a lot on this picture, but as soon as it starts moving around Paine Field and starts testing, more pictures will come online for sure):

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Jetairfly
Future Boeing 787 Routes:
eff 20DEC13 Brussels – Cancun 1 weekly
eff 21DEC13 Brussels – Punta Cana – Montego Bay – Brussels 2 weekly
eff 22DEC13 Brussels – Santo Domingo – Punta Cana – Brussels 2 weekly
eff 23DEC13 Brussels – Varadero – Cancun – Brussels 1 weekly

source:
http://airlineroute.net/2013/10/18/787current-w13/

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Any chance to fly the JAF 787 before 20th Dec. on some shorter european destinations? Many thanks!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

air belgium wrote:Any chance to fly the JAF 787 before 20th Dec. on some shorter european destinations? Many thanks!
Yes, the 787 will initially be deployed on medium-haul routes to e.g. the Canary Islands, Egypt or Greece, but don't expect short-haul routes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Any change to see the 787 (in the first period) at CRL ?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Airbus330lover wrote:Any change to see the 787 (in the first period) at CRL ?
If I have to guess, I would say BRU and OST only. BRU for commercial (test/practice) flights and maybe OST for non-commercial tests in the earlier phases.

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

RoMax wrote:
sean1982 wrote: Am I the only one who finds that quite scandalous? Imagine how you would feel if you buy a new car and then have to bring it to the garage every other week because off software (or even hardware problems). When you demand an explanation the dealer says: We are making progress, but we still have a lot of work to do. I would go through the roof! This is quite unnacceptable in my opinion.
Buying a car is a slightly less complicated matter than buying an airplane... But indeed it's still unacceptable that Boeing can not deliver what they promissed. But what else can they say than that they are making progress? All the commercial arrangements will be done off the record/behind the screens of course, it's not like this is the only thing Boeing has to say to their customers, the above statement is just what they feel they can say in the media admitting their problems.

Please RoMax, don't minimalize the problems Boeing has with their B787. They are now flying already for a while and still daily/weekly there are some serious problems. Stop in selling some hot air about it. and writing that they in that statement it is about "wat they feel", OMG, are your serious. In aviation you can't say "what you feel" or "what it should be". It has to be good or not. Oh my......

With a totally new aircraft they should take much more time to test it, not only how it flies but everything before to put it on the market.
Norwegian has a very good point that they don't want to fly anymore with it. Other should follow as it is also about safety.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Atlantis wrote: Norwegian has a very good point that they don't want to fly anymore with it. Other should follow as it is also about safety.
Don't they want to fly it anymore? Safety was never the main issue with Norwegian's grounding, as the problems were not that serious, they simply prehibited them from flying as it should, that's something different than one comming down the skies.
And you probably didn't hear the CEO's latest statements that he believes the 787 is going to be a huge succes, and that except for the reliability problems it performs better than expected and they want to order more of them beyond their current 8.
Atlantis wrote: Stop in selling some hot air about it. and writing that they in that statement it is about "wat they feel", OMG, are your serious. In aviation you can't say "what you feel" or "what it should be". It has to be good or not. Oh my......
Can you even read Atlantis, seriously?! There is a difference in making media statements and statements to your customers. My statement above was about what Boeing said to the media. The ONLY thing I defended Boeing in, was what they said about the "progress being made, but still a lot of work to do". Anything else you say about minimizing the 787 problems from my side is just plain bullshit as I didn't say a word on that. That "what they feel" thing is not about what "they feel" the safety or reliability should be, but about what they can say to the media about it. You are seriously overreacting overhere.

And just to make something very clear to you. 99,999% of the problems in the latest months are minor to serious problems that didn't impose any safety issue to the passengers. The thing is reliability (though still a dispatch reliability of 97%, not even close to as bad as some want to let it seem), not safety. Qatar Airways recently made statements on the 787 that the reliability is just shit, but they don't see any reason to ground the aircraft as there are no safety issues. They also want to convert their 30 options for the 787 in firm orders, if Boeing can show their solutions for the reliability issues are working.
Last edited by RoMax on 30 Oct 2013, 14:24, edited 1 time in total.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

sn26567 wrote:
air belgium wrote:Any chance to fly the JAF 787 before 20th Dec. on some shorter european destinations? Many thanks!
Yes, the 787 will initially be deployed on medium-haul routes to e.g. the Canary Islands, Egypt or Greece, but don't expect short-haul routes.
Not sure what your sources are, but wrong info..

The B787 will fly short routes too.
Greece? In Winter time? No way.
Egpypt? Nope.

Thanks RoMax for your updates on this topic, you are probably the only reason why I still read this forum: new info, fresh updated and smart(er) comments!

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

Another beautiful picture of OO-JDL in KSEA. ;)

When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Maybe they should register it OO-TUC? So people can continue making jokes about OO-(S)TUC ;)

The way Boeing can't seem to get their act together with this plane, it might just end up like OO-TUC: hours of delay, troubles and angry customers :)

airtrainer

Post by airtrainer »

JAF737 wrote: The B787 will fly short routes too.
Greece? In Winter time? No way.
Egpypt? Nope.
More hints, maybe ? I'm sure a buch of fellow members would love to fly on the 787 before it start its longhaul service ;)

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

I was kinda hoping Cathay is already in contact with JAF to see if something can be arranged as next AV Geeks trip with this Dreamliner ;-)

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 now Free
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227