TUIFly Belgium (ex-Jetairfly) Boeing 787 Dreamliners

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Inquirer

Re: The Jetairfly Boeing 787

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Guys, it's a LCC(as they say themselves) and a charter airline. Seat pitch is standard for that sort of operation. You want more? Take a legacy carrier and pay more.
I agree, yet I do not agree with them repeatedly calling it "beenruimte" as one obviously does not get anywhere near 75cm of legroom!

If it's the seatpitch they refer to, than they should refer to 'stoelafstand' which is 75cm; 'beenruimte' will then just be +/-15 cm.

IMHO, they are grossly misleading consumers by not using the correct terminology!

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

What is the seat pitch on their 767's now? I'm sure they didn't choose a smaller seat pitch on their 787's.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Guys, it's a LCC(as they say themselves) and a charter airline. Seat pitch is standard for that sort of operation. You want more? Take a legacy carrier and pay more.
Not allways off course.

If you book a year in advance, LCC's mostly are cheaper indeed. But for those not booking 6 or 12 months in advance, it's worth to compare prices. And when travelling with holiday luggage, a legacy carrier might well offer the same price as a LCC, or even a better one.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

EBAW_flyer wrote:What is the seat pitch on their 767's now? I'm sure they didn't choose a smaller seat pitch on their 787's.
Regular economy on the 763ER is between 30 & 32" depending where you sit, 34" in comfort.

So regular economy decreases compared to the 763ER, eco+ / premium increases. However, seatwith also decreases compared to the 763ER (18" in the 763ER and 17" in the 788).

fcw

Post by fcw »

Passenger wrote:If you book a year in advance, LCC's mostly are cheaper indeed. But for those not booking 6 or 12 months in advance, it's worth to compare prices. And when travelling with holiday luggage, a legacy carrier might well offer the same price as a LCC, or even a better one.
As you have 35 years of experience in aviation/travel/tourism, I followed your advice and a simple look at JAF"s website showed me that they do very good deals close to departure date. You can fly to several destinations this week for 64,99 (49,99 + 15 handling fee)
The day after tomorrow:
JAF: BRU-AGP: 154,99 against BruAIr 184
EZY: BRU-LYS: 100€ (with checked in bag, emergency row seat and a carry on of 25 kg and the purchase of a meal on board)
BruAir: 443€ in B-flex.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

You've looked for an example which favours the LCC. Quite obvious: you're working for one. There have been examples posted here before where the LCC was more expensive then the legacy carrier. It works both ways indeed because yield management applies. Airlines lower their rates if they have a low occupation close to departure of one particular flight, and they make tickets more expensive if the flight is almost full. Every airlines does so: legacy carriers, low cost carriers, charters airlines who also sell tickets only.

Five years ago, LCC's were always cheaper then the legacy carriers. Nowadays, it's worth to compare prices between low cost carriers and legacy carriers. Remember our professor Maus: he's not flying out of Charleroi anymore because the luggage surcharge makes the LCC more expensive then flying out of BRU with a legacy carrier.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Yeah right, hahahaha classic :-D

fcw

Post by fcw »

Passenger wrote: remember professor Maus: he's not flying out of Charleroi anymore .
Would his first name be Mickey by any chance?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I recieved a private message some days ago: "it's useless to go into debate with ... and ... because they don't see luchtzak as a forum to discuss, but as a social medium where they have to post their professional story".

So back on topic: is a seat pitch of 29,5" normal for a long haul charter? I would say no, unless you advise your clients in advance what it is. Thus not using "leg room 75 cm", but "seat pitch 29,5".

PS : here's Mickey Mouse's twitter account:
https://twitter.com/MausMichel

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:I recieved a private message some days ago: "it's useless to go into debate with ... and ... because they don't see luchtzak as a forum to discuss, but as a social medium where they have to post their professional story".

So back on topic: is a seat pitch of 29,5" normal for a long haul charter? I would say no, unless you advise your clients in advance what it is. Thus not using "leg room 75 cm", but "seat pitch 29,5".

PS : here's Mickey Mouse's twitter account:
https://twitter.com/MausMichel
Exactly, DISCUSSING the PROFESSIONAL side, which is much more then the perceived knowledge that you have.
The only thing that private message shows is that the moderator is frustrated that a few people come up with well balanced facts and sensible arguments that don't stroke with his and a few other one sided view that doesnt stroke with reality, which is both immature and sad :roll:

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:Exactly, DISCUSSING the PROFESSIONAL side, which is much more then the perceived knowledge that you have.
I said "professional story", the company story that is repeated 100 times, true or not. And if someone disagrees: insult, become personal, ridiculize, shoot the messenger.

Example : you've said a LCC is always cheaper. I say no, not anymore because other airlines have adapted and because LCC add surcharges. I give the example of professor Maus, saying he doesn't use Ryanair anymore for his holiday flights because of the luggage surcharges (see De Tijd, 29 August 2013). Reaction from the Ryanair-front: Maus = Mickey Mouse. Real professionalism that is.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

For the Ryanair discussion, I suggest to continue that where it belongs:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49658&start=60

On topic again:

Jetairfly's 787 will be compared to Condor, long haul carrier for Thomas Cook.

Condor 767-300ER:
Economy : 31"
Premium Economy : 37"
Business Class : 49"

Jetairfly 787-800:
Economy : 29,5"
Economy Plus : 33,5"
Premium Club : 37"

Will the absence of bleed air, the quiet cabin and the new interior lighting (i.e. to avoid jet lags) in the 787 seen as more important then the seat pitch? My guess is that a nonstop or direct flight out of Brussels (Jetair/Sunjets) will beat the stopover at Frankfurt (Thomas Cook/Neckermann). Except perhaps for the passengers willing to pay more to have more space onboard.

Or is the translation seat pitch to legroom wrong, and will OO-JDL match Condor's 767?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

When looking at the current fleet, seat pitch differs a bit around the cabin (in the same class). They say 'more than'. So I assume 29,5" is the absolute minimum and only at the 'place restricted' seats as you have them at certain places in an aircraft cabin. I assume the majority of the cabin will be around 30-31", or at least, I hope so.

They also say the cabin is "more than 1,8m high", which is also a bit misleading, this is the absolute minimum in the cabin (measured close to the cabin walls under the overhead lockers). I hope they did a similar thing with their seat pitch statements..

EBAW_flyer

Post by EBAW_flyer »

Passenger wrote:For the Ryanair discussion, I suggest to continue that where it belongs:
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49658&start=60

On topic again:

Jetairfly's 787 will be compared to Condor, long haul carrier for Thomas Cook.

Condor 767-300ER:
Economy : 31"
Premium Economy : 37"
Business Class : 49"

Jetairfly 787-800:
Economy : 29,5"
Economy Plus : 33,5"
Premium Club : 37"

Will the absence of bleed air, the quiet cabin and the new interior lighting (i.e. to avoid jet lags) in the 787 seen as more important then the seat pitch? My guess is that a nonstop or direct flight out of Brussels (Jetair/Sunjets) will beat the stopover at Frankfurt (Thomas Cook/Neckermann). Except perhaps for the passengers willing to pay more to have more space onboard.

Or is the translation seat pitch to legroom wrong, and will OO-JDL match Condor's 767?
And the Condor 767 interior is being refurbished. With full-flat seats in business class and also with LED mood lighting throughout the entire cabin.
Looks amazing!

http://www.condor.com/eu/flight-info/fly-well-zone.jsp

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:I recieved a private message some days ago
The only thing that private message shows is that the moderator is frustrated
Who says that the moderator sent this private message? Furthermore there is more than one moderator.

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk 4
André
ex Sabena #26567

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

What is the seat pitch in the Jetairfly boeing 737-700 or boeing 737-800?
Thanks.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

air belgium wrote:What is the seat pitch in the Jetairfly boeing 737-700 or boeing 737-800?
Thanks.
There is a topic "Jetair seat pitch" (dated 2012):
viewtopic.php?f=4&t=48306

Sai

Post by Sai »

EBAW_flyer wrote:What is the seat pitch on their 767's now? I'm sure they didn't choose a smaller seat pitch on their 787's.
According to their newsletter: Seatpitch in Economy is the same as economy on their Boeing 767, which is quite OK, 'Economy +' is the same as the present 'Comfort Class' on 767 and their Premium should be even bigger.
Source: (Dutch) http://www.tuinews.be/online_JAF/131_1/ ... 17_10_2013

BATAVIA

Post by BATAVIA »

OO-JDL assembled in SEA, left pos.4, and currently in the paintshop at Paine Field, Everett.
Another few weeks of test flights, and Belgian Aviation will host the first brandnew wide body aircraft from a factory since decades,
JAF previous B767s were second hand, Brussels Al 330 s are old and second hand, since Sabena days, Citybird 767 and MD 11 were not factory New neither, so, must have been since Sabena s A332,
Will be a great moment for Belgian Aviation, particullary Jetairfly.

CTBke

Post by CTBke »

There where already some factory new widebody aircrafts from TNT 777 and 747
Citybird
The flying dream