VTM Telefacts 24th Sept: "Ryanair's tricks"

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: VTM Telefacts 24th Sept: "Ryanair's tricks"

Post by sean1982 »

Nope the facts are that there are millions of people flying ryanair each year and that the majority of them never have problems and keep coming back. I base my opinions on official figures and personal experience and not on 1 tabloid article and a shady documentary where everything was done wrong on purpose just to prove a point. (Which didnt even work as their first name was not correct but still got excepted without complaining)

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:... Which didnt even work as their first name was not correct but still got excepted without complaining...
Yes, the error in the first name was indeed accepted, very much thank you for that. But that same passenger had to pay 70 Euro for the forgotten boarding pass, 2 x 20 euro for 2 kg excess luggage and 60 euro because the hand luggage was too big (which Ryanair only controls at the gate, and not at the check-in like all other airlines do a first time - the second time being indeed at the gate also).

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

If you have ever travelled through CRL you would know that they do ask you when you check in luggage how big your hand luggage is and also at security they warn people of multiple bags or handluggage that is too large. Off course you dont know this, that's what happens when talking about things you know nothing about, besides of what the tabloids tell you :-/

cnc

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:If you have ever travelled through CRL you would know that they do ask you when you check in luggage how big your hand luggage is and also at security they warn people of multiple bags or handluggage that is too large. Off course you dont know this, that's what happens when talking about things you know nothing about, besides of what the tabloids tell you :-/
no they don't! i dropped a friend at CRL for a FR flight and went with him inside the terminal for the check-in and after a drink.
are you living in some kind of fantasy world or what?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I've checked in at CRL about 200 times allready, maybe a bitbmore experience then "dropped a friend off once"

earthman

Post by earthman »

Too many people forget their brains at home when they travel somewhere. That is, if they had them in the first place.

fcw

Post by fcw »

I admire you patience, young Sean!
My advice: stop feeding the troll.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It's not patience but pure rage :) you're probably right

fcw

Post by fcw »

Passenger wrote: Yes, the error in the first name was indeed accepted, very much thank you for that. But that same passenger had to pay 70 Euro for the forgotten boarding pass, 2 x 20 euro for 2 kg excess luggage and 60 euro because the hand luggage was too big.
So you just summed up the four rules, which are pointed out to you three times before you travel.
Respect them and travel cheap and safe with Ryanair, simples, no?
This is what 79500,000 people do every year, so it can't be that difficult.

cnc

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:I've checked in at CRL about 200 times allready, maybe a bitbmore experience then "dropped a friend off once"
i doubt that. when i check in at BRU for a flight with my own employer i'm treated differently because they know i'm staff. you don't assume it might be the same for you at CRL?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I also do mystery passenger duties to evaluate the services, in that case they don't have a clue im a staff member ... That's kinda the point

cnc

Post by cnc »

sean1982 wrote:Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I also do mystery passenger duties to evaluate the services, in that case they don't have a clue im a staff member ... That's kinda the point
you might be surprized about that ;)

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

I'm not an FR fan, but i had only once a problem (not solved and pending in court).
And for CRL, the check-in description by sean1982 is correct.
If you know the rules, ........

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Passenger wrote: But that same passenger had to pay 70 Euro for the forgotten boarding pass, 2 x 20 euro for 2 kg excess luggage and 60 euro because the hand luggage was too big (which Ryanair only controls at the gate, and not at the check-in like all other airlines do a first time - the second time being indeed at the gate also).
Once more (with feeling) :
- that passenger had been reminded at least twice, more probably three times, by e-mail, to print his boarding pass before going to the airport
- the excess weight is priced at 20 euros per kg; that passenger has been asked at the drop-desk if he wanted to take 2 kg out of his hold luggage; if not, to pay 40 euros
- the hand luggage are often checked at the first control, before the security check; if that passenger had too large a hand baggage, and been told at that moment, instead of at the gate, what would he do ? Abandon his luggage at the airport ?
Unlike Sean, I am not an employee at CRL; like him, I have taken some 250 flights at CRL, and never have had to pay any penalty.
Just stick to the rules, it's that simple.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

But why 70 euro to print one page, and not something like 5 or 10 euro?

earthman

Post by earthman »

Because for 5 or 10 euro, a LOT of people would simply not bother to print the boarding pass in the first place.