Egypt

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

rghigginson

Egypt

Post by rghigginson »

Is anyone anywhere of which airlines have so far cancelled / suspended flights to Egypt? I noticed today that Easyjet's weekly service from London is no longer for sale for example

jumpjet

Re: Egypt

Post by jumpjet »

BA are continuing to serve cairo - but they seem to be adjusting the schedule to allow daytime arrivals/departures from Cairo rather than the usual late night/very early morning arrivals.

It is reported by basource.com that they are using a European configured 767 instead of a long/mid haul configured aircraft - maybe its to increase capacity if there is increased demand for people leaving Egypt - or maybe they don't want one of their newly refurbished 767/321s caught up in any potential unpleasantness at the airport.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Brussels Airlines keeps serving Hurgada and Taba on behalf of Club Med too, since unlike Neckermann/Thomas Cook and Jetair/Sunjets, they have taken the decision to keep their Red Sea resorts available in their summer program.

fcw

Post by fcw »

rghigginson wrote:I noticed today that Easyjet's weekly service from London is no longer for sale for example
You wrongly noticed.
EasyJet is still selling flight from SSH and HRG to LGW, STN and LTN.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

I just took Egyptair to Johannesburg and the airport was full of transit people same for the planes.
Hasta la victoria siempre.

tangolima

Post by tangolima »

Hello

Jetair, VIP Selection en Sunjets.be just decided to cancell ALL flights to Egypt untill the 26th of October

Greetings,

PS: Minister of foreign affairs Reynders is in Egypt today for a 2 days visit
All my posted timings are local !

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Egyptair pretends to keep all its flight schedule unchanged. The no-show percentage rate does not exceeded 10%.

However, due to the night curfew in Cairo, travellers are asked to have all their travel documents ready to show to police controls on the way to the airport if they have to take an early morning or a late at night flight, and to be at the airport 4 hours in advance
André
ex Sabena #26567

rhigginson

Post by rhigginson »

fcw wrote:
rghigginson wrote:I noticed today that Easyjet's weekly service from London is no longer for sale for example
You wrongly noticed.
EasyJet is still selling flight from SSH and HRG to LGW, STN and LTN.

Yes, I should have said 'weekly service to Luxor'

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

The tour operators Thomas Cook (from 1/10/2013) and Jetair (from 25/10) will resume their flights to the Red Sea and the Aqaba Gulf, in Egypt.
http://www.lavenir.net/article/detail.a ... 2_00364158
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

Strenger reisadvies voor Egypte?

Buitenlandse Zaken onderzoekt of het een strenger reisadvies voor Egypte moet afkondigen. Geheime diensten hebben aanwijzingen dat terroristen van plan zijn om vliegtuigen onder vuur te nemen boven de Sinai-woestijn in Egypte. Twee Nederlandse luchtvaartmaatschappijen schorsen alvast alle vluchten naar vakantiebestemmingen als Sharm el-Sheikh en Hurghada. In ons land is dat voorlopig niet het geval.

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20131016_00795014

google translate to english:

Stricter travel advice for Egypt? [/ b]

Foreign Affairs examines whether it should proclaim. Stricter travel advice for Egypt Secret services have indications that terrorists are planning to take planes over the Sinai Desert in Egypt under fire. Two Dutch airlines already suspended all flights to holiday destinations such as Sharm el Sheikh and Hurghada. In our country that is not currently the case.