BRU summer 2014: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

crew1990

Re: BRU summer 2014: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by crew1990 »

same for dusseldorf, it s only 1h30 from brussels

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

It will not be: BOD , LUX, AMS ,DUS , BDS, RMI, OLB, LEI, SKG, JTR.

It will be seasonal destinations in the south of europe except one.
Best regards,

Airbuske

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

how many destination will it be? only europe?

my bet will be that PMI will be included in those destinations

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

not sure.... Ryanair and Vueling fly this route.

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

PMI will be not included.
Best regards,

Airbuske

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

yes they do, but they also fly to rome, alicante, malaga, lisbonne, barcelone etc.

this is not because there is some concurence that sn couldn t start the route.

praticaly all the interessant destination are already served by ryanair easyjet vueling thomas cook et jetairfly, does it mean sn should stop expanding ;)

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Antalya ? Izmir ?

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

I would go for some destinations on Sardegna, maybe other destinations in Italy like Bari, Genoa, Verona, ... and further I would like to see Dubrovnik - too far for me to drive by car :D
And indeed why not Turkey (Antalya), Marroco (Tanger, Fez)

So indeed I am curious ...

Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

dubrovnik was a destination of sabena isńt it?

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

Turkey.. I don't want to open a can of worms but it's not really Europe for me. Turkey is a mix of Middle-east and Asia.
Sardinia, I've mentioned OLB but apparently it's not the case. If they do AHO or CAG, they will have little market to serve as FR offers it out of CRL and EIN and most emigrants are already used to FR. The Canary Islands, are also served very well out of CRL by FR and given the long distance, I would perceive this as risky.
Bari, GOA are served by FR as well, and Verona is very close to Milano and even more to Bergamo. BLQ isn't too far out. I would be surprised if SN does go for any of these.

Croatia does sound interesting...tourism has been booming the last years, even many Italians spend their summer holidays there instead of staying in Italy.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

If it are indeed seasonal (tourist) destinations, I assume it highly depends on the contracts they signed with the touroperator(s) they cooperate with.
Croatia for sure is an interesting country with a growing tourism industry. It has been since the summer of 2008 since I last visited the country though. From BRU to Zadar via Zagreb (my first flight on a Q400 was on the then brand new first Q400 of Croatia Airlines on ZAG-ZAD). In those days Zadar was basicly deserted in the winter (except for domestic services from Croatia Airlines) and even in the summer there were only a few weekly international flights with some sheduled flights of Germanwings and Ryanair that I still remember (out of Belgium the most convenient was through Zagreb or from Cologne with Germanwings, but I believe FR currently flies non-stop CRL-ZAD in the summer). Currently it is filled with seasonal flights (I believe even a small FR base with 1 aircraft in the summer?), it is still a small airport, but it's a nice example of how the tourism industry in Croatia grew over the past years and though I don't see SN potential in ZAD, there are some other bigger airports in Croatia that could be interesting in the summer.

But I would say (in general) stay out of the way of FR, unless you have some very good contracts with touroperators that cover the costs even without selling a single seat on your own.

rghigginson

Post by rghigginson »

What are the chances of Norwegian coming to Brussels soon? Belgium is one of their only non-served EU markets.

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

rghigginson wrote:What are the chances of Norwegian coming to Brussels soon? Belgium is one of their only non-served EU markets.
If they should come to Belgium, I guess CRL will be their base here.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Norwegian normally flies out of main airports. If they come to Belgium it will be BRU. That would certainly be nice regarding cheap long haul connections out of OSL.

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

crew1990 wrote:all the interessant destination are already served by ryanair easyjet vueling thomas cook et jetairfly, does it mean sn should stop expanding ;)
Indeed not, and don't worry,they won't.
Come and see tomorrow, some people are going to be quite amazed by what is going to be announced, not just when it comes to new routes, btw. ;)

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

sean1982 wrote:Norwegian normally flies out of main airports. If they come to Belgium it will be BRU.
I guess LHR is still the main airport of London, not gatwick.
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

woutertheboy wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Norwegian normally flies out of main airports. If they come to Belgium it will be BRU.
I guess LHR is still the main airport of London, not gatwick.
London is not exactly a standard example...LHR is way too slot restricted for Norwegian to develop a real base. LHR is no place for large LCC operations, not even for Norwegian. Look at easyJet, they also fly out of main airports, but they don't serve LHR...

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

RoMax wrote:London is not exactly a standard example...LHR is way too slot restricted for Norwegian to develop a real base. LHR is no place for large LCC operations, not even for Norwegian. Look at easyJet, they also fly out of main airports, but they don't serve LHR...
I agree, LHR is out of the ordinary. Although Norwegian doesn't serve CDG (but they do serve ORY and BVA), they fly to other major airports like AMS, FRA, MAD, BCN, OSL, CPH, ARN and HEL (and many more). They would definitely serve BRU and not CRL, if they come to Belgium.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

tolipanebas wrote:
crew1990 wrote:all the interessant destination are already served by ryanair easyjet vueling thomas cook et jetairfly, does it mean sn should stop expanding ;)
Indeed not, and don't worry,they won't.
Come and see tomorrow, some people are going to be quite amazed by what is going to be announced, not just when it comes to new routes, btw. ;)
I hope that we will be positively amazed. So you obviously know what will be announced. Were you amazed by it?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

tolipanebas wrote:Come and see tomorrow, some people are going to be quite amazed by what is going to be announced, not just when it comes to new routes, btw. ;)
Four new A350-900s ?

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=52207
André
ex Sabena #26567