BRU summer 2014: latest news, routes, airlines

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

BRUpilot

Re: BRU summer 2014: latest news, routes, airlines

Post by BRUpilot »

This is only a question: Will Emirates start up DXB-BRU-DXB ?
I heard rumours...

sdbelgium

Post by sdbelgium »

BRUpilot wrote:This is only a question: Will Emirates start up DXB-BRU-DXB ?
I heard rumours...
No, I read something about Emirates recently (this week) returning the BRU slots unused. I will look for a source.

Edit: found it in Travel Magazine
In de marge van de Vakantiebeurs in Utrecht bevestigde Raymond van der Veer, area-manager Emirates, dat Emirates afziet van z’n plannen om vanaf 1 augustus 2014 dagelijks tussen Brussel en Dubai te vliegen. Emirates had al een aanvraag gedaan voor slots op Brussels Airport. “We hebben nog altijd interesse, maar kiezen er op dit moment voor om niet te vissen in de vijver van de andere collega carriers die al operationeel zijn op Brussel, zoals Etihad, Qatar en enkele Aziatische carriers zoals Jet Airways en Thai Airways. Deze carriers zijn daarenboven succesvol, niet alleen naar hun diverse hubs, maar ook beyond,
Raymond van de Veer, area manager for Emirates, has said on the Holiday Fair in Utrecht that Emirates will not start flights to Brussels from 1st of August this year. The airline had requested slots at the airport. "We are still interested, but we choose not to chase the same passengers as other airlines like Etihad, Qatar and some Asian airlines as Jet Airways and Thai Airways. These carriers have success, not only to their respective hubs but also beyond.

Source: http://www.travel-magazine.be/AviationT ... fault.aspx

BRUpilot

Post by BRUpilot »

too bad... would have liked the 777W of UAE at BRU

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

BRUpilot wrote:too bad... would have liked the 777W of UAE at BRU
Still good news for SN. But I don't think that Emirates is staying away from BRU forever ;).
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

Thomaaas

Post by Thomaaas »

I really don't get why EK isn't flying to BRU, they serve so many smaller airports compared to BRU, some even twice a day. Very weird.

fretn

Post by fretn »

Very easy. We already have quite the connections to the Middle East. Qatar, Etihad, Jet, Thai are entrenched in BRU. It might be more profitable to go to airports without connections to the ME.

EDIT: actually this was already explained in the quote two posts above :D

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

LH cCustomer-friendly, regular flight times to London-Heathrow and Brussels as well as
– together with Austrian Airlines to Vienna

In the upcoming summer flight timetable beginning, Lufthansa will set the flight times of
three more existing connections at fixed hourly intervals, making it easier for customers to
plan their journeys. The busy European routes from Frankfurt to Vienna, London-Heathrow
and Brussels will also get regular departure times starting 30 March. That means these
flights will depart on an hourly basis – except at times of lower traffic.
Back in October 2012, Lufthansa had already introduced hourly departures on three
connections within Germany – from Frankfurt to Berlin, Hamburg and Munich, respectively
– mainly to make travel planning easier for frequent flyers and also to reduce waiting times
if a flight was missed. Spreading the flights evenly across the day is popular with many
passengers, so Lufthansa has now extended the hourly schedule to the aforementioned
European connections, which enjoy strong international demand.
Lufthansa planned the hourly rhythm on the connection between Frankfurt and Vienna in
conjunction with Austrian Airlines. The two airlines will alternate their services on this
important connection between their respective hubs, with a departure every 60 or at times
every 120 minutes, and a total of 13 flights a day. Austrian Airlines is increasing the
number of its flights on this route from five to six a day. Departure times from Frankfurt are
always at ten minutes before the hour.
All flights to Brussels and London-Heathrow will be carried out by Lufthansa alone.
Passengers still have the choice of twelve departure times a day to London-Heathrow
(departure from Frankfurt on the hour) and ten departures to Brussels (always 25 minutes
past the hour).

woutertheboy

Post by woutertheboy »

LH cCustomer-friendly, regular flight times to London-Heathrow and Brussels as well as
– together with Austrian Airlines to Vienna
As already mentioned in the latest news section. But I guess you can post it here aswell ;)

viewtopic.php?p=292141#p292141
When in doubt, hold on to your altitude. No-one has ever collided with the sky.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Etihad has signed a codeshare agreement with Air Europa, which will see the Spanish carrier starting a three-times weekly flight from Madrid to Abu Dhabi.

The agreement will see the new flights start in late 2014.

Etihad Airways will place its EY flight code on the new Airbus A330 operated flights, offering direct access to Madrid for the very first time.

The carriers said Etihad would also initially place its code on Air Europa-operated flights to Madrid from Amsterdam, Brussels and Milan Malpensa and beyond Madrid to Barcelona and Palma de Mallorca.

Meanwhile, Air Europa will place its UX flight code on Etihad Airways flights from Amsterdam, Brussels and Milan Malpensa to Abu Dhabi.

Source: Routes News
André
ex Sabena #26567

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

I read in Wikipedia (for what it's worth) that the Stuttgart route will be operated for Germanwings by Eurowings from 1 April 2014. That would mean that the current A319 service would change to a CRJ900, the only aircraft still in the fleet of Eurowings. Can anyone confirm?
André
ex Sabena #26567

SNam

Post by SNam »

Since a month or so it is operated by Eurowings using a CRJ900.

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Bru Air will announce some new European routes next thursday. What's in the pipeline :?:

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

My wish (not my bet)is St Petersbourg, Istanbul, Helsinki, Cagliari, Palma de Mallorca, Bordeaux and Nantes even if I'm sure some of those destinations will never appear in the SN network

theeuropean

Post by theeuropean »

My wish also includes
crew1990 wrote: St Petersburg, Istanbul, Helsinki,
Bergen, Aberdeen, Amsterdam, Luxembourg (I know it's just there, its more for connecting purposes I write this), return of Warsaw maybe or Minsk? What about Tbilisi, Baku or Yerevan

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:My wish (not my bet)is St Petersbourg, Istanbul, Helsinki, Cagliari, Palma de Mallorca, Bordeaux and Nantes even if I'm sure some of those destinations will never appear in the SN network
St Petersburg did'nt work time ago ! Istanbul : big competition with TK or Pegasus.
Back to Helsinki or WAW ?
I hope BOD ...and LUX, AMS and DUS for connecting pax !

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Boeing767copilot wrote:Bru Air will announce some new European routes next thursday. What's in the pipeline :?:
Thursday 30JAN or 6FEB? ;)

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

Airbus A330 wrote:
Boeing767copilot wrote:Bru Air will announce some new European routes next thursday. What's in the pipeline :?:
Thursday 30JAN or 6FEB? ;)
Thursday 30JAN
Best regards,

Airbuske

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

We have gotten used to low expectations from SN, so new routes can do no harm I guess, they can get higher utilisation from their aircraft, which if done right is a good thing.

My guesses will be mainly seasonal destinations given their seasonal hiring on the BRU website.

This makes it most likely that the routes will be Southern ones, in Italy, Spain and Greece.
My guess is also that they will look at the network they can serve in cooperation with Thomas Cook and which will also interest Club Med.

My guesses: BDS, RMI, OLB, LEI, SKG, JTR.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

airbuske wrote:
Airbus A330 wrote:Thursday 30JAN or 6FEB? ;)
Thursday 30JAN
Thank you, airbuske! ;)

LJ

Post by LJ »

nordikcam wrote:I hope BOD ...and LUX, AMS and DUS for connecting pax !
AMS? Why would anyone from AMS fly via BRU? For most part of The Netherlands it's faster to drive or even take the train than the hassle of going to AMS first (especially with the new train timetable).