Head of Swissport Belgium to leave

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Head of Swissport Belgium to leave

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.lecho.be/actualite/entrepris ... port&ckc=1

Marcel Buelens, CEO of Swissport Belgium, will leave at the end of this month, "to take up new challenges".
Since Swissport has bought Flightcare, the social climate has never stopped deteriorating, with strikes; the main one, in May, had heavy consequences for BRU, SN and their passengers and luggages.

The Swissport Group CEO, Pet Utnegaard, had been needed to find an agreement, and Melchior Wathelet had been involved - all of which was not good for Marcel Buelens authority as CEO ...
Last edited by sn26567 on 06 Aug 2013, 19:05, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: added Swissport "Belgium"
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

tolipanebas

Re: Head of Swissport to leave

Post by tolipanebas »

No wonder...

Even now, Swissport BRU is still scrambling to cope with all of their contractual obligations and SN is really not amused with the speed and quality of their services: they also stand firm on passing them on the bill of this year's strike, so no wonder heads have to roll at Swissport. You could be sure of that the moment the big boss had to come over to BRU to solve the local mess.

http://www.flightlevel.be/38479/swisspo ... l-niet-aan

SNam

Re: Head of Swissport Belgium to leave

Post by SNam »

According to De Standaard they will reduce contracts of interims and students, i am still trying to find the logic behind this keeping in mind that they are causing delays according to lack of staff... Or are there any other operational problems?

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130806_00683302

cnc

Post by cnc »

too bad since he was the best CEO flightcare/swissport had in years.
the unions can be happy again! freaking morons... last weekend there where irregularities aswell.

cnc

Post by cnc »

SNam wrote:According to De Standaard they will reduce contracts of interims and students, i am still trying to find the logic behind this keeping in mind that they are causing delays according to lack of staff... Or are there any other operational problems?
if you can call laziness an operational problem :evil:

Outsync

Post by Outsync »

Flightcare bis

AirOpinion

Post by AirOpinion »

cnc wrote:too bad since he was the best CEO flightcare/swissport had in years.
the unions can be happy again! freaking morons... last weekend there where irregularities aswell.
Well then... what did he, and his team, achieve with swissport? They've lost some important airlines and service standards are still the same. There is no change in working atmosphere. Unions still do what they want. And the promissed investments have never been made... being captain of the ship is easy... steering it through different clifs is not!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It's not he who lost the airlines, but the unions. I suppose they are happy, after all they can be even more lazy then usual.

cnc

Post by cnc »

lol i was just talking with some of the swissport management... i now know what all the fuzz was last weekend.
the blue's wanted a 15min brake every 45min because of the heat... some 40 of them even reported sick.

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

SNam wrote:According to De Standaard they will reduce contracts of interims and students, i am still trying to find the logic behind this keeping in mind that they are causing delays according to lack of staff... Or are there any other operational problems?

http://www.standaard.be/cnt/dmf20130806_00683302
Even funnier is that it's even 'worse' as their contracts are now 75%, and will reduce to 50%.

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

cnc wrote:lthe blue's wanted a 15min brake
15 minutes brake is a sure way to light a jolly fire in the wheel wells, or just below.
That is to say, if you find a way to keep the wheels rolling for so long.

cnc

Post by cnc »

jan_olieslagers wrote:
cnc wrote:lthe blue's wanted a 15min brake
15 minutes brake is a sure way to light a jolly fire in the wheel wells, or just below.
That is to say, if you find a way to keep the wheels rolling for so long.
:D