Brussels Airport delays extension of A pier

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

Re: Brussels Airport delays extension of A pier

Post by RoMax »

DannyVDB wrote:Maybe it is because of the angle of the picture, but it seems like the connector will come a little further than pier A: i.e., the pillars you can see are not in line with the pie A building, or am I wrong in this?
Danny
I didn't realise it earlier either, but when they started building the fundations I realised that the Connector will not fully connect with Topaz, you can clearly see that on their renders and now in real life where they build the foundations. It comes out a little bit at the West side of the building.

The foundations and underground works (including a huge rainwater reservoir of 670,000 litres that will be used for sanitary infrastructure) are already finished and they started the second fase being the skeleton of the building, this is planned to be finished by the end of 2013. As with all buildings, this is a fase that you can see the changes day by day.

http://brusselsairport.tumblr.com/

http://www.brusselsairport.be/nl/corpor ... r/connimg/

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

It's normal. Foundations need to be placed on a site without tunnel. (PAX tunnel, bagage tunnel and diabolo

A330

Post by A330 »

Perhaps we should keep in mind that the connector was designed considering A West! Not only the current building.
If 9W leaves, that would create some room at Pier B. Main issue to me seems to be not the availability of gate space (unless in the early morning with all the long-haul arrivals). But rather that SN (or UA, ...) passengers transferring from North America to Africa vice versa need to go from B to T by bus. This could have been made easier and more comfortable. Passengers transferring to SN's Schengen flights need to use the tunnel from B to A, seems less of a problem. of course connection times would have been cut.