Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels

Post by nordikcam »

Chennai was launched to and from BRU for sure and if I remember wel Bangalore was only on the table.
I wonder if BOM works more or less well for SN after these first two weeks...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Bangalore was served for 1 winter season, but in the middle of the economic crisis and it never worked.
Chennai was, as said, definitely served and for quite a number of years.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Sami Chada, the general manager from Jet Airways Amsterdam, denies the reports in Indian media that Bangalore-Amsterdam will be started as from this winter. "No decision has been taken yet", he told Luchtvaartnieuws.nl.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

It can change a lot in the next year's if Lufthansa are going to work with Etihad like it was said before.
Jet could come back to Brussels....?!?!
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Stij

Post by Stij »

lumumba wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 20:09 But Chennai pas never launched...if my memory works well ;-)
Oh yes it was launched... I flew it!

Stij

travellover

Post by travellover »

Cheers

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

And maa-cdg was served by AF but ultimately dropped. As was hyd-ams by kl btw.
BLR has a better chance to work from ams compared to bru given the very large panel of US destinations kl and dl can offer.
The bilateral agreements between B and India allow for 2 daily flights IIRC .. Maybe sn should think about offering addtional capacity to India besides bom ? Thinking out of the box I would consider bru-jai-amd-bru ? 5 wkly A332 to begin with.

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

lumumba wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 20:09
Airbus A330 wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 19:28
sn26567 wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 17:11 Jet Airways will start A330 service from Bengaluru to Amsterdam and from Chennai to Paris in early winter 2017/18, as it deepens its partnership with Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines.

The Bengaluru link was once planned for Brussels, but never implemented.
Hmmm, the Bangalore - Brussels route was effectively launched but it didn't last long (if memory serves me well). ;)
But Chennai pas never launched...if my memory works well ;-)
From October 2007 until late 2012 and between March and May 2014 was there a link between Brussels and Chennai.
Bangalore was served from October 2008 to January 2009
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

KLM and its partner Jet Airways are targeting one million passengers (!) between India and Amsterdam in 2018, with the launch of new services and enhanced cooperation.
André
ex Sabena #26567

convair

Post by convair »

sn26567 wrote: 06 Nov 2017, 15:57 KLM and its partner Jet Airways are targeting one million passengers (!) between India and Amsterdam in 2018, with the launch of new services and enhanced cooperation.
Using ex-cargo slots at AMS?

Curious to see what will be the response of AI and *A partner SN/LH...

JOVAN

Post by JOVAN »

Ansett wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 15:54 No additional slots : larger aircraft ?
(and Schiphol getting even more overcrowded during peak times)
Unlimited growth cannot continue forever.
AMS is becoming like FRA, LHR , CDG with extreme long waiting times, very long distances to walk, run,...

Imagine BRU would be able, with good organization and marketing, good road- and train-connections, a hub-and-spoke startegy,.. to become the real CONVENIENCE AIRPORT of Europe.

PAX like that, smooth connections, short waiting times, clean & safe , friendly staff,

Just imagine....

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

JOVAN wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 20:46 Imagine BRU would be able, with good organization and marketing, good road- and train-connections, a hub-and-spoke startegy,.. to become the real CONVENIENCE AIRPORT of Europe.

PAX like that, smooth connections, short waiting times, clean & safe , friendly staff,

Just imagine....
Is that Brussels Airport you are talking about, or some Railway station in Brussels?

Because for Brussels Airport, most of the above is already "good". Except for the hub possibilities perhaps - but that's only a problem that concerns airlines, not passengers.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Passenger wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 23:46
JOVAN wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 20:46 Imagine BRU would be able, with good organization and marketing, good road- and train-connections, a hub-and-spoke startegy,.. to become the real CONVENIENCE AIRPORT of Europe.

Just imagine....
Is that Brussels Airport you are talking about, or some Railway station in Brussels?

Because for Brussels Airport, most of the above is already "good". Except for the hub possibilities perhaps - but that's only a problem that concerns airlines, not passengers.
I'm not agree with that easy and welcoming airport is something else than Brussels...
No shopping mall ,nothing for visitors when they drop somebody only one hotel and old and this is annoying for transit passengers...and so much more!

But I don't wanna start a fight here arguments against arguments do we have some statistics about Brussels Airport doing on the market?
Hasta la victoria siempre.

AIRMARSHAL

Post by AIRMARSHAL »

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

JOVAN wrote: 07 Nov 2017, 20:46Unlimited growth cannot continue forever.
AMS is becoming like FRA, LHR , CDG with extreme long waiting times, very long distances to walk, run,...

Imagine BRU would be able, with good organization and marketing, good road- and train-connections, a hub-and-spoke startegy,.. to become the real CONVENIENCE AIRPORT of Europe.

Just imagine....
Growth can't continue at this moment, but the new government has decided that the 500K cap will be lifted, more funds for border control and they're working on a new terminal and pier at AMS. Also they've reserved space for a 7th (!) runway.

Many connection opportunities will always come with the downside that a very large airport has (distances, crowding etc.). If BRU would offer the same connection opportunities it would have the same problems and not be as convenient anymore. You can't have both.