Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels

Post by sn26567 »

skumfiduse wrote:I happened to see three of their Airbus A330 at the gates in Schiphol this morning. They were parked next to each other.
Indeed. Jet Airways: 6 then 4 planes in BRU, only 3 in AMS.

André
ex Sabena #26567

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

http://www.anna.aero/2016/05/04/delhi-a ... ince-2011/

Not sure if this was reported already:
When asked about its long-haul developments by anna.aero, Singh stated how the airport was in discussions to reopen services to Brussels. “We have seen Jet Airways move its European hub operations from Brussels to Amsterdam, however we are confident to see this service return. Delhi is in discussions with Brussels Airlines and we have pursued them to introduce this service. We are also working mutually with Brussels Airport in order to reinstate this service,” highlighted Singh. Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia.

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

Charlie Roy wrote:http://www.anna.aero/2016/05/04/delhi-a ... ince-2011/

When asked about its long-haul developments by anna.aero, Singh stated how the airport was in discussions to reopen services to Brussels. “We have seen Jet Airways move its European hub operations from Brussels to Amsterdam, however we are confident to see this service return. Delhi is in discussions with Brussels Airlines and we have pursued them to introduce this service. We are also working mutually with Brussels Airport in order to reinstate this service,” highlighted Singh. Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia.
No one to comment on this information, or it is not new ? Thx.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

nordikcam wrote:
Charlie Roy wrote:http://www.anna.aero/2016/05/04/delhi-a ... ince-2011/

No one to comment on this information, or it is not new ? Thx.
It is new to me, and if true, it is indeed great news.

But when? The current situation at BRU just recovering from terror attacks makes me think it will take some time before we see Jet Airways back here.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

I don't believe them coming back.

May I remind you to the date of the very first post from this topic: "...According to Etihad CEO James Hogan (now a major shareholder of Jet Airways) in Travel Magazine/Luchtvaartnieuws, Jet Airways thinks about leaving Brussels Airport in favour of Schiphol..."

Date of that post was 21th May 2013. It took them 3 years to divorce. So we won't see them back at Brussels Airport soon. And if they come back, will Brussels Airlines re-do the code sharing? Jet Airways wasn't exactly a reliable partner on long term for Brussels Airlines.

At this moment, Jet Airways AMS still benefits the old bookings that were amended from BRU to AMS. But what will the Indian community from Belgium do in the future? Will they go to AMS (by car or train), or will they prefer a flight from BRU to FRA or LHR?

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

The pressure is really high these days on the marketing and aviation development department at BRU. So be sure that they are in contact with each kind of airline to keep them satisfied or to convince them to fly to BRU.

Let us cross our fingers for next year Oman Air and LATAM.

About Jet Airways. It is not a secret that Naresh Goyal has something special with BRU. It was under high pressure of Etihad that the move to AMS was much quicker bcs it was even not planned under Jet Airways.
That Jet Airways is talking now about a possible return to BRU on one of the very important route events during the year is really a surprise.

Let's see what SN will decide the next coming months what they will do with their 10th A330 and which route(s) they will fly with it.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

I don't think the article is about a possible return of Jet Airways to BRU.

The AIRPORT of Delhi hopes that the service between DEL and BRU will be reopened. And they point at SN to (re)open this service.

Quote :
We are also working mutually with Brussels Airport in order to reinstate this service,” highlighted Singh. Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia.
End quote.

H.A.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:I don't think the article is about a possible return of Jet Airways to BRU.

The AIRPORT of Delhi hopes that the service between DEL and BRU will be reopened. And they point at SN to (re)open this service.

Quote :
We are also working mutually with Brussels Airport in order to reinstate this service,” highlighted Singh. Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia.
End quote.

H.A.
That's how I understood it as well. ;)

Atlantis

Post by Atlantis »

My sentence was indeed not so good, sorry about that. What I meant to say that a possible return of a very important route would be really possible. Or with own metal of SN or maybe a flight of Jet Airways itself if Air India would not take it under pressure of Lufthansa.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Atlantis wrote:Let's see what SN will decide the next coming months what they will do with their 10th A330 and which route(s) they will fly with it.
Who knows: if that 10th plane will still come despite the impact of the terror attacks (indirectly still confirmed), it may be used for a surprise: DELHI iso BOMBAY? :shock:

I've always been very uncertain about BOM because IMHO it would bring the very far out of their comfort zone and immediately send them deep into uncharted territory all alone almost!

In contrast to that, DEL might be a much safer point of entry to the huge Indian market as they could easily plug into Air India's hub over there, which I understand to be far more important than at BOM (if any?).
On top of that, the airport of DEL itself may -by this report- be far more accommodating to stimulating financial demands than BOM only is, making it the preferred destination over BOM, even if the latter would most certainly draw more terminating passengers from Belgium.

DEL might thus offer a better business case when looking beyond just point-at-point alone, a bit the same logic as to why they've recently opened Toronto as their first Canadian route, and not the all to obvious Montréal, so to say?

Who knows more (and want to share it)?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

There is no market for a nonstop flight from Brussels Airlines to India. At least, not this year. Not to Delhi, not to Mumbai. First: there isn’t enough traffic between Belgium and India, point to point. Then: any airline needs to have a certain number of transfer passengers (India-USA) on both legs, but Brussels Airlines cannot compete to Jet Airways’ hub at AMS. So they won't have transfer passengers neither.

When Indian citizens have to choose between Brussels Airlines Brussels Airport versus Jet Airways Amsterdam Schiphol, their choice is obvious. We loose twice: they will prefer an own carrier above a Belgian carrier, and 22/03 is still too closeby. And even if Brussels Airlines would try to compete against Amsterdam as hub for Indians, they will also compete against Lufthansa’s hubs FRA and MUC. Thus reducing load factors on LH flights.

Now, back to that Anna.Aero article: Delhi Airport says they see an opportunity for Brussels Airlines within India: “Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia”. Looks whishful thinking to me.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Travel Magazine (The Netherlands) reports that Samir Chada is appointed as general manager Benelux.

TM: "...In zijn huidige functie gaat hij zich focussen op de groei en ontwikkelingen van Jet Airways in Nederland..." He will focus on Jet Airways' growth & development in the Netherlands.

http://www.travmagazine.nl/chada-benoem ... s-benelux/

Charlie Roy

Post by Charlie Roy »

Looks wishful thinking to me
I think of it this way: Delhi Airport are asked in an interview was does the future hold for them. Top of mind is the fact that they are engaged in discussions with Brussels Airlines regarding a route to Brussels. That can only be a good thing. And yes, there are many obstacles to this route ever seeing the light of day, but I think the news is positive.

flightlover

Post by flightlover »

Charlie Roy wrote:
Looks wishful thinking to me
I think of it this way: Delhi Airport are asked in an interview was does the future hold for them. Top of mind is the fact that they are engaged in discussions with Brussels Airlines regarding a route to Brussels. That can only be a good thing. And yes, there are many obstacles to this route ever seeing the light of day, but I think the news is positive.
Wasn't LH fighting to get more rights to fly to India? If SN would snap them up and SN gets a fully owned subsidiary, wouldn't that be a way of getting what they wanted for quite some time?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Charlie Roy wrote:
Passenger wrote:Looks wishful thinking to me
I was just referring "wishful thinking" for the suggestion that Brussels Airlines could use Delhi as hub in India, for both regional and for intra-continent destinations. Me thinks that Jet Airways has a very clear advantage here (with their AMS hub). So: Brussels-Delhi: maybe. But Brussels-Delhi-Goa: probably not.
Passenger wrote:Now, back to that Anna.Aero article: Delhi Airport says they see an opportunity for Brussels Airlines within India: “Brussels Airlines would indeed be a great fit for the route with its Star Alliance cooperation with Air India, allowing for connectivity options to the vast part of the Indian subcontinent and indeed Asia”. Looks whishful thinking to me.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

That quote only indicates that SN could codeshare with AI from their hub in DEL to other Indian cities and the (sub)continent and vice versa of course...

b720

Post by b720 »

If SN will ever fly to India it will certainly not be to DEL, but BOM. BOM is the economic center of India, and the link between the large and affluent Indian (business) community in Antwerp and BOM will play a role.
Add to that the lucrative daily diamond shipments to BOM that are currently shipped on LX via ZRH, that SN can definitely transport. BOM is a no - brainer for SN in India.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jet Airways will start A330 service from Bengaluru to Amsterdam and from Chennai to Paris in early winter 2017/18, as it deepens its partnership with Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines.

The Bengaluru link was once planned for Brussels, but never implemented.
André
ex Sabena #26567

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

sn26567 wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 17:11 Jet Airways will start A330 service from Bengaluru to Amsterdam and from Chennai to Paris in early winter 2017/18, as it deepens its partnership with Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines.

Hmmm, the Bangalore - Brussels route was effectively launched but it didn't last long (if memory serves me well). ;)

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Airbus A330 wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 19:28
sn26567 wrote: 10 Apr 2017, 17:11 Jet Airways will start A330 service from Bengaluru to Amsterdam and from Chennai to Paris in early winter 2017/18, as it deepens its partnership with Air France-KLM and Delta Air Lines.

Hmmm, the Bangalore - Brussels route was effectively launched but it didn't last long (if memory serves me well). ;)
But Chennai pas never launched...if my memory works well ;-)
Hasta la victoria siempre.