Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

convair

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels?

Post by convair »

Conti764 wrote:
Can anyone shed some light what will/might happen with the fancy 9W-lounge at the B-pier? Is it still BRU's property and did 9W only invest in it with the risk of losing its investment or does BRU have to pay 9W to retain the lounge?
I assume 9W rented the space and will normally have to restore it back to its previous condition before handing it back to the owner BRU.

LJ

Post by LJ »

White Light wrote:I don't find any AC flights between YYZ and AMS for S16. Will AC pull out of AMS ?
The YYZ - AMS flights are still bookable for S16 (daily 333).

nordikcam

Post by nordikcam »

crew1990 wrote:One A330 was already confirmed, now finger crossed for 2 A330, but it seem it will be the case...
If it will be the reality one A330 for BRU YUL...or BRU YYZ but the other one ? BRU LOS LBV 3 times a week...and ? Thx !

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

nordikcam wrote:
crew1990 wrote:One A330 was already confirmed, now finger crossed for 2 A330, but it seem it will be the case...
If it will be the reality one A330 for BRU YUL...or BRU YYZ but the other one ? BRU LOS LBV 3 times a week...and ? Thx !
Don't forget that they will start up IAD again...

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Gentlemen, there is a topic on SN's fleet renewal. This one is on Jet Airways! On topic, please!

By the way, the first message of this thread goes back to May 2013. So it has taken three years for 9W to finalise a decision that was probably already made before May 2013...
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

sn26567 wrote:Gentlemen, there is a topic on SN's fleet renewal. This one is on Jet Airways! On topic, please!

By the way, the first message of this thread goes back to May 2013. So it has taken three years for 9W to finalise a decision that was probably already made before May 2013...
Btw... why does it took sooo long?!

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

brusselsairlinesfan wrote:Btw... why does it took sooo long?!
Probably due to the fact the FAA downgraded the level of India for several months, preventing Indian carriers to add new services to the US and/or signing new partnerships with US carriers :?:
Last edited by Airbus A330 on 16 Dec 2015, 12:27, edited 1 time in total.

quixoticguide

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels

Post by quixoticguide »

From Jet Airways/Etihad perspective it's a good deal.

- They need less aircraft
- More connections to USA thanks to Delta from AMS. (I'm just realizing that after 25 March 16 Jet Airways won't flies to the US anymore)
- The travelers who fly to the US can use the EY hub in AUH with preclearance.
- Etihad comes closer by joining the SkyTeam alliance.
- More connections to European destinations with KLM.
- They will operate the only AMS-BOM route

Maybe AC will move it daily YYZ-AMS flight to BRU?
Visit my flights on: http://www.quixoticguide.com

SN501

Post by SN501 »

Hello,

The move of 9W should put the pressure on Belgian gov to grant new traffic rights to ME3 in order to "compensate" the loss at BRU. On the other hand, a more and more important presence of the ME3 at BRU won't encourage Indian and Asian carriers to (re)launch direct routes.

What do you think about that?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

SN501 wrote:The move of 9W should put the pressure on Belgian gov to grant new traffic rights to ME3 in order to "compensate" the loss at BRU. On the other hand, a more and more important presence of the ME3 at BRU won't encourage Indian and Asian carriers to (re)launch direct routes.

Grant more traffic rights to the ME3? That's the last thing to do. OK, it would (maybe) compensate the departure of Jet Airways, but in favour of companies having low costs and high subsidies which will compete with European companies playing the game according to the rules.

The Belgian Govt and Brussels Airport should give priority to direct links to Asian destinations, preferably through Star Alliance companies which can codeshare with SN: at least Belgium could benefit (a little) from those new routes.
André
ex Sabena #26567

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

sn26567 wrote:
SN501 wrote:The move of 9W should put the pressure on Belgian gov to grant new traffic rights to ME3 in order to "compensate" the loss at BRU. On the other hand, a more and more important presence of the ME3 at BRU won't encourage Indian and Asian carriers to (re)launch direct routes.

Grant more traffic rights to the ME3? That's the last thing to do. OK, it would (maybe) compensate the departure of Jet Airways, but in favour of companies having low costs and high subsidies which will compete with European companies playing the game according to the rules.

The Belgian Govt and Brussels Airport should give priority to direct links to Asian destinations, preferably through Star Alliance companies which can codeshare with SN: at least Belgium could benefit (a little) from those new routes.
I do FULLY agree with you! SN to Asia!!!!

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

That's not what sn26567 suggested. SN has made clear several times that Asia is not a focus for them.

Leaves us with Asian Star Alliance members that don't fly to BRU yet: Air China, Air India, Asiana Airlines, Eva Air and Singapore Airlines (in alphabetical order).

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Didymus wrote:That's not what sn26567 suggested. SN has made clear several times that Asia is not a focus for them.
However keep in mind that this is only valid as long as they don't see a big opportunity for it themselves on routes that cannot or are not likely to be flown by a Star partner (e.g. China or Japan: very long routes, risky markets for an airline like SN, Singapore, Hong Kong, etc. same, very risky for an airline like SN, however India has been a market that has been well connected with BRU for many years, is not an ultra long haul route, etc., so their MIGHT be an opportunity for them in that market). For a long time they also said North America is a not a focus for them and their partners cover that market well enough.

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

Brussels was never a priority for Asian airlines they deserted Brussels many times!!!
Let the 3ME come a least they stay and has good prices and very good map.
For example my colleagues are going regularly to Hong Kong before they use to go true an European gatway...
Today they use Emirates...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

sn26567 wrote:Grant more traffic rights to the ME3? That's the last thing to do. OK, it would (maybe) compensate the departure of Jet Airways, but in favour of companies having low costs and high subsidies which will compete with European companies playing the game according to the rules.

I prefer the Middle East subsidising my ticket than me subsidising it myself through Belgian taxes!
The quality the ME3 offer for the price they ask is fabulous. On top of that your flight is nicely cut in two. Give me twice 6 hours, in spacious A380 in stead of 11 hours in an A330 or 777 anytime.
If you want Belgium to benefit you need as many passengers as possible.
I can see an EK 380 doing DXB-BRU-LAX/SFO.

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

SN501 wrote:Hello,

The move of 9W should put the pressure on Belgian gov to grant new traffic rights to ME3 in order to "compensate" the loss at BRU. On the other hand, a more and more important presence of the ME3 at BRU won't encourage Indian and Asian carriers to (re)launch direct routes.

It's actually the last thing they should do... The Belgian government, in as far as they can influence developments, and BRU/SN should do everything to attract more a more diverse portfolio of clients.

What can they do (imho):

BRU:
-> Build A pier West as soon as possible in order to offer smooth transfer facilities to the home carrier and its alliance. A side effect will be the further relief of the B-pier (after the departure of 9W) which might present them the opportunity to gradually renovate the aging pier...
-> Offer incentives to *A-carriers to open routes (and/or shifting them from other non-*A-hub airports) to BRU.

SN:
-> Continuously investments in their key markets (Africa, Europe and to lesser extend N-America) and only consider opening up Asian routes when a sustainable demand is present without a local partner airline flying the route (so leave SIN and the likes to their respectetive home carriers).
-> Imho Europe is getting increasingly important and SN should respond in the right manner. Not only by increasing capacity (Avro -> Airbus) but also by offering more destinations and frequency. Make SN a preferred partner of Star Alliance to offer lesser flown destinations at the continent.
-> When healthy finances are reached, endeavour on new ventures to strongholds of the competition by undercutting their ops via cheaper tickets. BRU is conveniently located right in the middle of AMS and Paris, and their respective home carriers have a (near) monopoly on some destinations (e.g. the French and Dutch Caribean) which SN could bite into. Try to attract customers in the south of Holland and the North of France. LH might support the idea of annoying AF/KLM by offering destinations they had for themselves...
-> Finally persuade LH to take up the remaining shares so they could improve the balance by helping SN obtain more efficient aircraft...

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

lumumba wrote:Brussels was never a priority for Asian airlines they deserted Brussels many times!!!
Let the 3ME come a least they stay and has good prices and very good map.
For example my colleagues are going regularly to Hong Kong before they use to go true an European gatway...
Today they use Emirates...
I can see an EK A380 at BRU to cater for the demand to India, but that should be about it.

I don't care about the ME3, I'm an aviation enthousiast and I prefer more different tails at 'my' airport then several Arab tails a day...

If the ME3 want a bigger bite of the cake, let them send the A380, bit not more flights...

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

Didymus wrote: Leaves us with Asian Star Alliance members that don't fly to BRU yet: Air China, Air India, Asiana Airlines, Eva Air and Singapore Airlines (in alphabetical order).
(ZH) Shenzhen Airlines is also an Asian Star Alliance member

quixoticguide

Post by quixoticguide »

convair wrote:
Conti764 wrote:
Can anyone shed some light what will/might happen with the fancy 9W-lounge at the B-pier? Is it still BRU's property and did 9W only invest in it with the risk of losing its investment or does BRU have to pay 9W to retain the lounge?
I assume 9W rented the space and will normally have to restore it back to its previous condition before handing it back to the owner BRU.
Maybe another airline will use this lounge? EK?

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

quixoticguide wrote:(ZH) Shenzhen Airlines is also an Asian Star Alliance member
I am aware of that, but they don't seem to have any plane in their fleet that could make it to BRU.