Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

LJ

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels?

Post by LJ »

Airbus A330 wrote:I suppose 9W continues selling flights to/from BRU as usual until the moment the end of the BRU hub will be officially announced to the public (probably to avoid a drop in bookings :?: ).
Which is what every airline does....nothing special.
Jetter wrote:Indeed. It's a bit unfair by 9W/EY, as they already know about the termination. The direct flights (even with the discount) are more expensive than connecting flights, so every ticket they sell of which the passenger agrees with the rebooking (instead of refund) = profit.
Probably there is no formal decision yet. You know when it's going to be happeneing when all the cheap fare buckets suddenly go to zero in the GDS and you can only book the full fare bucket.
Jetter wrote:The direct flights (even with the discount) are more expensive than connecting flights, so every ticket they sell of which the passenger agrees with the rebooking (instead of refund) = profit.
Not automatically. If 9W discontinues it has to book against the fares agreed in the interline agreement (which is not identical to what you and I pay). Moreover, it depends on the available fare buckets at time of rebooking.
Speedbird9 wrote:Yes, all this is for extra revenue generation, and eventually passengers might be rebooked to the EY code shared flights via AUH.
Or on a flight from CDG (or AMS if the open up). Or they'll keep BOM or DEL.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

Thank you BRU and Jettair for your answers to my questions.
It seems to me SN will have a hard time filling their daily A332 to yyz. They need extra feeding.
@Jettair
I am not sure traffic rights are not a problem to India ... TK for instance would like plentty more but were only granted 2 dailies.
However I agree it 's a difficult market for SN. Maybe AI ?

BRU

Post by BRU »

Traffic rights are not a problem for brussels airlines as there is a current bilateral agreement in place. Different for carriers that are already using their allotment foreseen in the agreements between their country and India.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Welcome to Luchtzak, speedbird9 !
André
ex Sabena #26567

Speedbird9

Post by Speedbird9 »

Thanks, SN26567.

Btw. In OCT 1999, former 'real' SN (Sabena) also had a tri-weekly BRU-MAA service....was taken out just before SN became defunct..

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Speedbird9 wrote:In OCT 1999, former 'real' SN (Sabena) also had a tri-weekly BRU-MAA service....was taken out just before SN became defunct.
Indeed. Sabena would have preferred Delhi or Bombay, but those destinations were reserved for Mother Swissair, so Sabena had to take solace with Madras...
André
ex Sabena #26567

Speedbird9

Post by Speedbird9 »

Then, those were the days. If I remember the last 8-12 years or so correctly, I am amazed so many services to India vanished...

NW MSP-AMS-BOM / DC10 & B747 4DAYS
KL AMS-BOM / M11 & B763 3DAYS
KL AMS-HYD / M11 3DAYS
DL JFK-AMS-BOM / B763 DAILY
DL EWR-CDG-MAA / B763 DAILY
SK CPG-DEL MD11 5DAYS
OS VIE-BOM B763 DAILY
AZ MXP-DEL B763 DAILY
AZ MXP-BOM B763 DAILY
VS LHR-BOM A343 3DAYS
SU SVO-BOM IL96 5DAYS
SN BRU-MAS A330 3DAYS
SQ SIN-BOM-AMS-MAN B747 DAILY
AA ORD-DEL B777 DAILY
PH MNL-DEL A330 3DAYS
And more...

May be carriers might consider reintroducing old-style hopping services SN BRU-BOM-SIN, KL AMS-BOM-DPS, etc..

India has been realised as a low yield market, considering its classical bureaucracy, high fuel taxes & operational costs, geo-political factors, Airline bankruptcies (King Fisher, Deccan, ModiLuft, NEPC, Vayudoot, Indian Airlines, Paramount Air), etc. Don't think it is going to get any better for European & American carriers operating to India in years to come.

Ah! The good old days when flying was still in its class of its own: AI/ LHR-FRA-CAI-DEL-BOM; BOAC/ BOM-CAI-ZRH-LHR wayback in the 70's & both operated with a B707!!
Last edited by Speedbird9 on 25 Nov 2015, 23:24, edited 16 times in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

From the SN timetable 1972:
BRU-VIE-THR-BOM-BKK-SIN (B707, day 6)
BRU-ATH-BOM-BKK-MNL-NRT (B707, days 3 and 7)
André
ex Sabena #26567

Speedbird9

Post by Speedbird9 »

Wow! SN ATH-BOM, in the 70's....Great piece of information, & wonderful memory!

AI/ BOM-DEL-FCO 3 days
AI/ BOM-DEL-THR-AMS 4 days....

Can one imagine this would ever come back?

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Hello everybody,
Is there any news about the "official" move out of BRU :?:

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

According to Travel Magazine Jet Airways will move to Amsterdam in spring 2016.
I can't open the whole article on mi iPad Someone who can ?
Best regards,

Airbuske

travellover

Post by travellover »

Hi, here are the links in dutch and french.

http://www.travel-magazine.be/nl-be/Pag ... emID/23227
http://www.travel-magazine.be/fr-be/Pag ... emID/23228

The decisions might be taken by EY. the gulf carrier wishes to stimulate and optimalize the growing profile of 9W with more connections in AMS.
It is however difficult to evaluate the consequences of the 9W european hub transfer from BRU to AMS. A real challenge for AMS.
9W could maintain a direct connection from BRU to DEL or BOM.
Cheers

convair

Post by convair »

travellover wrote:Hi, here are the links in dutch and french.

http://www.travel-magazine.be/nl-be/Pag ... emID/23227
http://www.travel-magazine.be/fr-be/Pag ... emID/23228

The decisions might be taken by EY. the gulf carrier wishes to stimulate and optimalize the growing profile of 9W with more connections in AMS.
It is however difficult to evaluate the consequences of the 9W european hub transfer from BRU to AMS. A real challenge for AMS.
9W could maintain a direct connection from BRU to DEL or BOM.
These articles might not be recent news: they refer to All Nippon flights from BRU to Tokyo to start "soon" (!).

travellover

Post by travellover »

Indeed, maybe it contains some truth for the near future.
Cheers

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

That seems so. Just today the KLM CEO mentioned the start of cooperation with 9W (without any specifics, but I don't see what that could mean other than 9W flying to AMS): http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/30/ECONO ... nnen.dhtml

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

Well, so be it... They'll loose India, but on the other hand the transatlantic airlines (SN, UA and AC) will step up a notch. I think most pax on 9W from BRU were transatlantic anyways...

Maybe AI might be interested in retaining one flight between India an BRU, but that's about it I guess...

LJ

Post by LJ »

Jetter wrote:That seems so. Just today the KLM CEO mentioned the start of cooperation with 9W (without any specifics, but I don't see what that could mean other than 9W flying to AMS): http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/30/ECONO ... nnen.dhtml
KLM mentioned a possible cooperation a few weeks ago but still no 9W flights to AMS thus a lot of talk but still nothing in a GDS or official sattement from 9W

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

LJ wrote: KLM mentioned a possible cooperation a few weeks ago but still no 9W flights to AMS thus a lot of talk but still nothing in a GDS or official sattement from 9W
There is still time enough to do that. It's getting late, but even for a late March 2016 launch, it is still reasonable to announce that in (early) January.
KLM also said they will launch a new long haul route in summer season 2016, but they didn't announce yet which one.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

LJ wrote:
Jetter wrote:That seems so. Just today the KLM CEO mentioned the start of cooperation with 9W (without any specifics, but I don't see what that could mean other than 9W flying to AMS): http://www.parool.nl/parool/nl/30/ECONO ... nnen.dhtml
KLM mentioned a possible cooperation a few weeks ago but still no 9W flights to AMS thus a lot of talk but still nothing in a GDS or official sattement from 9W
This time the article in Dutch doesn't mention a possible cooperation, but states the cooperation as a fact. So some things might have changed since then.

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

If Jet Airways leaves, what will be the impact on brussels airlines PAX figures/numbers? Are they many connecting PAX between SN/9W @ BRU? What are the figures on the matter?