Jet Airways out of Brussels

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Didymus

Re: Jet Airways out of Brussels?

Post by Didymus »

BRU wrote:Seems that it is clear to the unions that Jet Airways is leaving BRU and that all activities will move to AMS. The fact they only have 3 slots out of AMS shows the cooperation with KLM and Delta, taking over the flights to the States from AMS.
Everything De Tijd wrote 2 weeks ago now turns out to be accurate, so 9W lied about their true intentions. It just took the labour union representative some time to accept the inconvenient truth.

LJ

Post by LJ »

no-nonsense wrote:In short: Brussels Airport? Amsterdam Schiphol? Rather think Abu Dhabi Airport...
With the exception for YYZ which can't be moved to AUH due to the UAE - Canada bilateral.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

Didymus wrote:
BRU wrote: Everything De Tijd wrote 2 weeks ago now turns out to be accurate, so 9W lied about their true intentions. It just took the labour union representative some time to accept the inconvenient truth.
They couldn't tell the truth due to legal restrictions. Those, like De Tijd, who knew these legal obligations had a good idea about what was going to happen.

sn-remember

Post by sn-remember »

9W is leaving BRU and I feel sorry about it. I have the bitter feeling that things could have turned out differently provided a strategy similar to that offered by KL and ST would have been implemented with Star Alliance members, SN and UA being the obvious ones.
Meaning :
- "Jet has found it difficult to get onward passengers over Brussels, due to the limited strength of its local airline partner, Brussels Airlines." Was there sufficient flight coordination at BRU ?
- "Jet is in talks with Air France-KLM and Delta Airlines for commercial partnerships and code-sharing on European and North American routes". Was there sufficient code sharing and interline partnership at BRU ?
Quotes from http://www.business-standard.com/articl ... 837_1.html Indian newspaper nov 7 edition.
On a side note :
- I wonder why UA is starting a 2nd EWR flight and not SN.
- Any plan to cater for Indian flights ? After all there are precious traffic rights between the 2 countries .. I wonder wether the A321-LR could work under SN's colour in a forseeable future. And in between could'nt a Privatair wetlease B737 do the job as well ?
Last edited by sn-remember on 19 Nov 2015, 15:11, edited 1 time in total.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

sn-remember wrote:- Any plan to cater for Indian flights ? After all there are precious traffic rights between the 2 countries .. I wonder wether the A321-LR could work under SN's colour in a forseeable future. And in between could'nt a Privatair wetlease do the job as well ?
Generally traffic rights aren't the problem for Europe - India flights, so those rights aren't that precious. I doubt SN will fly to India, it doesn't make much sense as a 1st destination in Asia for a European carrier. Even an airport as AMS which is twice as big and has a ton of flights to Asia can only support 1 destination in India.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

I have a question. As a consequence of 9W's departure in BRU, will SN move back their LH departures to the B pier or keep their T-gates?

BRU

Post by BRU »

sn-remember wrote:"Jet has found it difficult to get onward passengers over Brussels, due to the limited strength of its local airline partner, Brussels Airlines." Was there sufficient flight coordination at BRU ?
?
Yes, in the past. Before Air India joined Star Alliance and b.air started their own JFK flight.
sn-remember wrote:"Jet is in talks with Air France-KLM and Delta Airlines for commercial partnerships and code-sharing on European and North American routes". Was there sufficient code sharing and interline partnership at BRU ?
Yes, in the past. But once there were different alliances involved, things changed. Brussels Airlines is heavily influenced by LH, Air India is Star Alliance. Jet is partly owned by Etihad, which is closer to KLM and Delta.
sn-remember wrote:I wonder why UA is starting a 2nd EWR flight and not SN.
They have the aircraft to do so. If brussels airlines wants to start a Canada flight, they need the extra aircraft they are getting. Lets not forget they also announced some additional African routes already. At this moment, it looks like LH is not supporting them in a faster growth.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Moving 8 long haul from terminal A to B would be too much, i guess the African flight Will stay in A terminal and the American move to the B terminal

BRU

Post by BRU »

OO-ITR wrote:I have a question. As a consequence of 9W's departure in BRU, will SN move back their LH departures to the B pier or keep their T-gates?
Is an option. But operation is too big to move it withouth consequences for the remaining operators. So would mean others have to move.

Homo Aeroportus

Post by Homo Aeroportus »

Doubtful they'd move (back) Ops to B Pier with the Sunrise lounge at the end of the A Pier.

H.A.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Homo Aeroportus wrote:Doubtful they'd move (back) Ops to B Pier with the Sunrise lounge at the end of the A Pier.

H.A.
Maybe an opportunity to update their lounge in the B-pier and have one that is equal to The Loft.
After all if the Sunrise lounge will be closed they probably can use that side to to have an extra gate...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sn-remember wrote: - Any plan to cater for Indian flights ? After all there are precious traffic rights between the 2 countries .. I wonder wether the A321-LR could work under SN's colour in a forseeable future. And in between could'nt a Privatair wetlease B737 do the job as well ?
I sincerely doubt that SN has plans to start up flights to India. Asia is not in their strategy plan right now...

convair

Post by convair »

A bit puzzling: 9W is offering 10 % rebate this week-end on one-way and return flights from BRU to Delhi and Mumbai operated by 9W for travel up to June 15, 2016.

Poiu

Post by Poiu »

convair wrote:A bit puzzling: 9W is offering 10 % rebate this week-end on one-way and return flights from BRU to Delhi and Mumbai operated by 9W for travel up to June 15, 2016.
This would confirm the rumour that Jet will not disappear completely from Brussels, but will continue to fly from Mumbai or Delhi to Brussels. Does the offer state nonstop?

travellover

Post by travellover »

9W site mentions for instance next july :
direct flights from BRU to BOM (and return).
Other offered flights are connecting in AUH with EY

Mon, Jul 11 EUR 323.83
Tue, Jul 12 EUR 323.83

Departure Flight Sort by
Flights

10:10 BRU
22:40 BOM
Jet Airways
9W 227 Jet Airways
Total duration : 9h 0m

11:10 BRU
20:00 AUH
Etihad Airways
9W 6369 Etihad Airways
layover : 01h 55m
21:55 AUH
02:40 BOM
Jet Airways
9W 583 Jet Airways
Total duration : 10h 5m

(and return)

etc.

9W 229. july 4. direct for instance.
Connections via BOM too.

A big maybe for 9W staying in BRU. And no other airline does manifest any project to India so far.
Cheers

lumumba

Post by lumumba »

All the 4 flight's are still in the system in July...
So it means nothing...
Hasta la victoria siempre.

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

lumumba wrote:All the 4 flight's are still in the system in July...
So it means nothing...
I suppose 9W continues selling flights to/from BRU as usual until the moment the end of the BRU hub will be officially announced to the public (probably to avoid a drop in bookings :?: ).

Speedbird9

Post by Speedbird9 »

Yes, all this is for extra revenue generation, and eventually passengers might be rebooked to the EY code shared flights via AUH.

Last year before DL pulled out its AMS-BOM sector,I purchased an KL AMS-BOM ticket, and a while later discovered that my flights have automatically rebooked to the AF code shared flights via CDG and thus had to request reissue of eticket!
Last edited by Speedbird9 on 22 Nov 2015, 16:07, edited 1 time in total.

Jetter

Post by Jetter »

Indeed. It's a bit unfair by 9W/EY, as they already know about the termination. The direct flights (even with the discount) are more expensive than connecting flights, so every ticket they sell of which the passenger agrees with the rebooking (instead of refund) = profit.

Speedbird9

Post by Speedbird9 »

Precisely.

AI, 9W, SG, etc. are notorious of winding up without prior info to pax who have booked tickets for both Indian domestic & int. operations.

Guess, it might also take a long time to receive ticket refunds from 9W in case when they pull out completely.Ticketed flight Itineraries might be automatically rebooked to EY flights via AUH for both US & Europe-India sectors bypassing BRU.

I remember in 2013 when 9W pulled out of Italy, it took 5-7 months to receive refund after lots of doing (booked via Cheaptickets: AMS-DEL via MXP). The reply from Cheaptickets was "We have to yet receive refund amount from 9W, after which it will be transferred to your account".