SN to Africa - one cancellation per day

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Re: SN to Africa - one cancellation per day

Post by sean1982 »

I would agree with your solution on the first day of the disruption, you can't make a charter aircraft magically appear, but if you know the disruption is going to take more then one day, in my opinion and from a customer point of view, that would be the better solution. I indeed hope that they will not need it again in the future however I hope they learned from this. Longtime passengers who get fed up and switch airlines are very difficult to win back :/

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:that you disrupt a lot of people's travel plans by not bringing them where they are supposed to go within a reasonable time frame which has been agreed when they purchased a ticket. A chartered aircraft could have brought them on time with as less as disruption as possible. The only one being, they are not flying the "award winning long haul cabin"
that is maybe why SN didn't do it. All these wetleased aircraft can't reach the standard of the award winning long haul cabin..just not to dissapoint pax to fly in a crappy low cost cabin... 8-)

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

you learn the meaning of the word advocating first ... hahaha
If it's common practice for the airline to leave passengers standing .... well ... nuff said

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

It's not because you excel in one area of operation that you cannot be mediocre at all the rest though. At school it also takes more then just passing one subject with 100%, if you faill all the others ... you still fail, good wines or not 8-)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:you learn the meaning of the word advocating first ... hahaha
If it's common practice for the airline to leave passengers standing .... well ... nuff said
comming from someone who adores Ryanair. You shouldnt be the one giving lessons on leaving pax standing.
In dutch we say : Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest...
Maybe you should think before making me ridiculous again.
SN had the wetleased solutions before and I assume SN AND the pax were not happy with it. The wetleased cabin wasn't of the same standard as the actual SN cabin. That is maybe why SN decided not to use the wetlease solution again. I'm just guessing...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest, that's a good one ... Leave talking about airline industry over to people who WORK in the industry.

I don't adore Ryanair at all, they just pay my bills at the end of the month, nothing more, nothing less. If you give a customer 2 choices: First 1 being: we bring you to your destination on time, but in a different aircraft OR option 2: we will bring you with 7,8 hours of delay in one of our aircraft with 2 additional stop overs. Which one would they take you think??

What do you know about Ryanair anyway, claiming you've never flown them? It's like saying a pizza tastes crap if you've never eaten it. again, schoenmaker blijf bij je leest. Enough words spend on you :)

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest, that's a good one ... Leave talking about airline industry over to people who WORK in the industry.

I don't adore Ryanair at all, they just pay my bills at the end of the month, nothing more, nothing less. If you give a customer 2 choices: First 1 being: we bring you to your destination on time, but in a different aircraft OR option 2: we will bring you with 7,8 hours of delay in one of our aircraft with 2 additional stop overs. Which one would they take you think??

What do you know about Ryanair anyway, claiming you've never flown them? It's like saying a pizza tastes crap if you've never eaten it. again, schoenmaker blijf bij je leest. Enough words spend on you :)
and honestly what do you know about SN. Like I said Schoenmaker blijf bij je leest!
And if you have a problem with me or once again you want to personal attack me, send me a private message so you don't bore the members of this nice forum with your infantile answers.
NUFF SAID. BACK TO TOPIC !

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

Contrary to what those working at/for LGG, CRL and/or FR here try to proof, Brussels Airlines is a professionally run airline with staff that knows that long term client satisfaction is their top priority. I am not working for them but I’ve done business with them in the past. Well, I am sure that hiring in another aircraft was considered as first option, but had to be abandoned - probably because of non-availability of an aircraft with double crew. Brussels Airlines then has set up a multi solution: bringing pax to expensive hotels here and in Africa, rerouting passengers through other airports, rescheduling flights and finally cancelling flights. However, some showed their bad faith by mentioning the cancellations but not mentioning the rescheduling of triangle flights that same day. Like someone else said: “Baseless claims, misinformation, unsustainable and uneconomical solutions seem to be the new norm here on Luchtzak”.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Quite a lot of my good friends work for SN and for JAF, and so does my partner, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Now, take another look at your post signatures, and tell me who's the infant here. I was talking with RTM and would like to keep it that way. Thanks

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:Quite a lot of my good friends work for SN and for JAF, and so does my partner, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Now, take another look at your post signatures, and tell me who's the infant here. I was talking with RTM and would like to keep it that way. Thanks
why replying to my posts then???
Talking to RTM? You mean the post where RTM ask not to bring the topic back to Ryanair again? :lol:
Yeah I know, the signature. Saw it on here somewhere and it made me laugh so hard...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Passenger wrote:Contrary to what those working at/for LGG, CRL and/or FR here try to proof, Brussels Airlines is a professionally run airline with staff that knows that long term client satisfaction is their top priority. I am not working for them but I’ve done business with them in the past. Well, I am sure that hiring in another aircraft was considered as first option, but had to be abandoned - probably because of non-availability of an aircraft with double crew. Brussels Airlines then has set up a multi solution: bringing pax to expensive hotels here and in Africa, rerouting passengers through other airports, rescheduling flights and finally cancelling flights. However, some showed their bad faith by mentioning the cancellations but not mentioning the rescheduling of triangle flights that same day. Like someone else said: “Baseless claims, misinformation, unsustainable and uneconomical solutions seem to be the new norm here on Luchtzak”.
Passenger, leasing in an aircraft is not unsustainable nor is it uneconomical. Losing your long term passengers by not providing a reliable service is. I do agree with you that what they did would be the second best thing to do (and the best thing on the first day of the occurence) but if a company sees that it's going to be dragging on, there would be better things they could do to serve their long standing passengers. I have never said that the staff is not professional btw, I'm sure they are trying their best for their passengers, as everybody in the industry try ....

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:
sean1982 wrote:Quite a lot of my good friends work for SN and for JAF, and so does my partner, so I do know what I'm talking about.

Talking to RTM? You mean the post where RTM ask not to bring the topic back to Ryanair again? :lol:
Yeah I know, the signature. Saw it on here somewhere and it made me laugh so hard...
you're the one bringing it back to Ryanair, not me :D laughing? why ? CRM issues ?

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:
OO-ITR wrote:

you're the one bringing it back to Ryanair, not me :D laughing? why ? CRM issues ?
How old are you? honestly, Where did I bring up Ryanair?
I dont have CRM issues because luckily I'm not working with you.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OO-ITR wrote:just not to dissapoint pax to fly in a crappy low cost cabin... 8-)

comming from someone who adores Ryanair
Short term memory loss maybe?

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

sean1982 wrote:
Passenger wrote:Contrary to what those working at/for LGG, CRL and/or FR here try to proof, Brussels Airlines is a professionally run airline with staff that knows that long term client satisfaction is their top priority. I am not working for them but I’ve done business with them in the past. Well, I am sure that hiring in another aircraft was considered as first option, but had to be abandoned - probably because of non-availability of an aircraft with double crew. Brussels Airlines then has set up a multi solution: bringing pax to expensive hotels here and in Africa, rerouting passengers through other airports, rescheduling flights and finally cancelling flights. However, some showed their bad faith by mentioning the cancellations but not mentioning the rescheduling of triangle flights that same day. Like someone else said: “Baseless claims, misinformation, unsustainable and uneconomical solutions seem to be the new norm here on Luchtzak”.
Passenger, leasing in an aircraft is not unsustainable nor is it uneconomical. Losing your long term passengers by not providing a reliable service is
That is not what I've said - and you're trying once again to unfairly blame Brussels Airlines. I've said that I'm sure that Brussels Airlines tried to find another aircraft, but that they were unable to find one. Remember last year: a Belgian charter airline with many European sister carriers couldn't even find a B737 or A320 to evacuate 125 stranded passengers from a Spanish island.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Where am I blaming someone? I'm just saying what my personal opinion is. If they tried or not, we don't know. If they did and they couldn't find one ... then it is really bad luck(maybe they could have communicated that they tried though). If they didn't try ... then I think they didn't make the best decision, that's all I'm saying.

HighInTheSky

Post by HighInTheSky »

Guys, stop it.

And btw, lock this thread mods. This is going nowhere.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

HighInTheSky wrote:Guys, stop it.

And btw, lock this thread mods. This is going nowhere.
Exactly what I think after having read all the above posts. Discussion closed. Topic archived.

Edit: unlocked after new changes in African schedule. I hope everyone will behave correctly and refrain from personal attacks.
André
ex Sabena #26567

rwandan-flyer

Re: Which A330 next for Brussels Airlines?

Post by rwandan-flyer »

Sad that the thread about SN cancelations to Africa was closed. But it seems that the A330 which operated SN 465 Kigali-Entebbe- Brussels is grounded at Entebbe, it had an engine trouble after take off. No more infos, SN465 flights is not loaded on Bru Airport and SN website.
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

SFM

Re: Which A330 next for Brussels Airlines?

Post by SFM »

It seems today's SN453 (OO-SFN) will also stop at EBB, possibly to bring spare parts?

SN221 is postponed until 16.15 and (as I read in a different topic) will be operated by an A319.
This means another A330 is grounded or what?

Edit: SN251 has been changed to SN1251.