SN IAD flights: from Brussels Terminal T or B ?

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

SN IAD flights: from Brussels Terminal T or B ?

Post by nordikcam »

From which one Terminal will depart the new IAD flight of SN ? Terminal T or B ?

RoMax

Re: From Brussels Terminal T or B ?

Post by RoMax »

Would be very unconvenient if it would be Pier B (basicly there is only one terminal, so I wouldn't call it Terminal T or B or A), with all Schengen flights in Pier A and the Sunrise Lounge in Pier A and so on.
But of course, T currently only exists until about 14:30 or so? So I don't know how they would arrange that, but I wouldn't be happy as a business class passenger flying from GVA for example to IAD with SN and having no possibility to enter the Sunrise Lounge (which also closes in the early afternoon for the moment) and having to make the transfer from A to B.

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

B-pier it will be.

Conti764

Re: SN IAD flights: from Brussels Terminal T or B ?

Post by Conti764 »

Time to start building the A-pier West extension ;)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Conti764 wrote:Time to start building the A-pier West extension ;)
They recently started initial works for the Connector wich will be finished in late 2014 or 2015 I believe. So I don't think we'll see them starting with the A Pier West until late 2014 or more probably, spring 2015...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

Kapitein wrote:B-pier it will be.
Why? The IAD flight will leave in the afternoon so the T terminal will be empty...

golf1411

Post by golf1411 »

OO-ITR wrote:
Kapitein wrote:B-pier it will be.
Why? The IAD flight will leave in the afternoon so the T terminal will be empty...
Simple...

At 16.45, lot's of space at Concourse B.
If IAD would depart from T zone, gates starting from A61 until A72 will not be available until around 17.15 which means not enough capacity for shengen flights...

So departing from Concourse B is a win-win situation...

;)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

golf1411 wrote: So departing from Concourse B is a win-win situation...
I wouldn't call it a win-win situation. I would call it the best solution ;)
Business pax will not be able to enjoy SN's best lounge (and the IAD-flight is important for business traffic) and European connections (most transfers will be Schengen, AFI-transfers will be on the UA-flight) will have a more annoying transfer.
So for the airport it's a win-win situation. For SN not really (for them it's simply the best solution). For the passengers it's a pitty.

Bruxx

Post by Bruxx »

There are mainly Schengen connections in the afternoon so I believe docking at the T gates would be beneficial for SN and their connecting pax.

I hope they can make it work this afternoon flight. Looks like a start of an afternoon wave to North America. A good thing for SN, Brussels Airport and the business, or most likely diplomatic, traffic between BRU/EU and IAD.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

RoMax wrote:
Business pax will not be able to enjoy SN's best lounge (and the IAD-flight is important for business traffic) and European connections (most transfers will be Schengen, AFI-transfers will be on the UA-flight) will have a more annoying transfer.
So for the airport it's a win-win situation. For SN not really (for them it's simply the best solution). For the passengers it's a pitty.

Exactly. And I think most of connecting pax come from A terminal.
Not sure is A terminal is very busy at that moment that they can't use the dates at T terminal.

Edit : I think it has pro and contra's. for BRU originating pax B terminal is easier because closer to check in. And esp until the connector hasn't been finished.

golf1411

Post by golf1411 »

RoMax wrote:
I agree that it is the best solution, not a win-win situation :D
Not sure is A terminal is very busy at that moment that they can't use the dates at T terminal.
I can assure you that full capacity is needed in A terminal. We also have some pretty long SN rotations during this time of day...
;)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

OO-ITR wrote: Edit : I think it has pro and contra's. for BRU originating pax B terminal is easier because closer to check in. And esp until the connector hasn't been finished.
I partly agree. Yes it's a much longer and annoying walk to the A Pier, but I still prefer the A Pier facilities (shops, bars, Sunrise Lounge for C class passengers,...).

Bottom line, it's about time they start building A Pier West...at least for SN/Star Alliance. From BRU's perspective I can assume it's not that urgent now AA left and 9W reduced their amount of flights and some extra gates were build.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

RoMax wrote:
OO-ITR wrote: Edit : I think it has pro and contra's. for BRU originating pax B terminal is easier because closer to check in. And esp until the connector hasn't been finished.
I partly agree. Yes it's a much longer and annoying walk to the A Pier, but I still prefer the A Pier facilities (shops, bars, Sunrise Lounge for C class passengers,...).

Bottom line, it's about time they start building A Pier West...at least for SN/Star Alliance. From BRU's perspective I can assume it's not that urgent now AA left and 9W reduced their amount of flights and some extra gates were build.
Yeah indeed.. it's about time!

The B pier is crap and annoying but close to the check-in counters and the exit.
The A pier is splendid and classy, but way too far from your entry/exit point! Annoying for people who regularly travel from BRU...

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

I agree. B pier can be boring and esp at dull moments like in the afternoon.

Is there official time set when the expansion works for the A pier will start?

Uhm I guess i'm going off topic now. Sorry for that.