Ryanair in 2013

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Flanker2

Re: Ryanair in 2013

Post by Flanker2 »

Did no one notice yet? Ryanair has a new website!

One thing I love about this new website is this interactive map:
http://www.ryanair.com/fr-be/destinations-pas-cheres
This makes it easier for me to plan my trips, as I won't always have to check which airport is closest to my destinations, I just look at the map.

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

airazurxtror wrote: http://www.rte.ie/news/business/2013/11 ... ir-russia/

Ryanair has been granted permission to fly to destinations in Russia from March next year by the country’s aviation authority.

The Federal Air Transport Agency, known as Rosaviatsia, will allow the airline to start regular flights on routes from Dublin to Moscow and St Petersburg.

Ryanair is in “exploratory” talks with a number of airports as potential destinations, according to the carrier’s spokesman Robin Kiely
Relevant document:
http://www.favt.ru/favt_new/sites/defau ... -4-788.pdf

appel

Post by appel »

now with the possible flights to russia and with all the other new routes they have announced is there any news about routes that will be cancelled/not reopened next summer?

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Noticed EIN-Skavsta isn't bookable again...
CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

European Court of Justice ruling may force Ryanair to repay Frankfurt-Hahn subsidies

Ryanair may have to repay millions of Euros in state aide from Frankfurt Hahn operator, Flughafen Frankfurt-Hahn (FFH) GmbH, after the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ruled that under European law, once the commission’s investigation began, any aide paid should be frozen and any benefit received up to that point should be recouped from the carrier in question.

The case stemmed from FFH's business practices between 2002 and 2005 which the European Commission found constituted State aid which had not been brought to the Commission's attention and therefore had been granted in breach of Article 108(3) TFEU. FFH's shareholders were, until January 2009: Fraport AG (65%) and the German federal states of Rhineland-Palatinate and Hessen with 17.5% each.

Lufthansa had lodged a case with the Landgericht Bad Kreuznach (Bad Kreuznach Regional Court) on 26 November 2006 and the Oberlandesgericht Koblenz (Koblenz Higher Regional Court) neither of which were successful. The German national carrier subsequently brought the matter to the European Commission's attention which opened its own investigation into the case in 2008. However, the ECJ's ruling now compels the German courts to force the Irish LCC to repay FFH funds on the grounds that "a national court is, at the very least, obliged to impose provisional measures stopping alleged subsidies where they are the subject of a Commission investigation."

The Irish Times says Ryanair welcomed "the clarity the European Court judgement brings and will study the ruling in detail”.

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

Passenger

Post by Passenger »

From Ryanair's own website at this moment, page "flight info":

FR-6535 Marseille-Stansted: DELAY 30 MIN: "handling delay boarding passenger with special requirements".

Wonder if this is also announced like that onboard: "ladies and gentlemen, your flight is 30 minutes late because there is a disabled passenger in seat 6C who was unable to walk to the plane and to use the stairs like you all could do".

Perhaps "the new Ryanair" can amend "handling delay boarding passenger with special requirements" into a simple "handling delay"?

b720

Post by b720 »

Still is better than: the delay s due to the late arrival of the incoming aircraft???
Saying nothing, r just w are sorry for the delay is better than that!

crlhub

Post by crlhub »

cnc

Post by cnc »

Passenger wrote:From Ryanair's own website at this moment, page "flight info":

FR-6535 Marseille-Stansted: DELAY 30 MIN: "handling delay boarding passenger with special requirements".

Wonder if this is also announced like that onboard: "ladies and gentlemen, your flight is 30 minutes late because there is a disabled passenger in seat 6C who was unable to walk to the plane and to use the stairs like you all could do".

Perhaps "the new Ryanair" can amend "handling delay boarding passenger with special requirements" into a simple "handling delay"?
i think they just take over the delay code given by the capt or movement messages

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

crlhub wrote:FR ready to invest in AZ:

http://www.deplacementspros.com/Ryanair ... 24659.html
They are actually laughing at AZ with this. They know damn well that AZ will not ask FR to invest, probably not even if there is no other solution left. FR basicly laughs with their problems and because of this they can say AZ doesn't have to complain about FR's competition as they offered to help.
Once again genial FR advertisement. :P

Didymus

Post by Didymus »

They've been mocking them for a while, no? http://www.airliners.net/search/photo.s ... rch=EI-CSZ

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Didymus wrote:They've been mocking them for a while, no?
Of course, they do nothing else. The difference is that in previous 'anti-AZ campaigns' they made themself the anti-AZ company. Now they act like they have 'compassion' with the problems of AZ and want to help them, nonsense of course, they know AZ will never ask help from FR and FR only hopes AZ to go bankrupt.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair released customer and load factor statistics for November 2013 as follows:
•Traffic grew by 6% to over 5m customers.
•Load factor increased 1% to 81%.
•Annual traffic to end November rose 2% to 81.2m customers.
http://www.ryanair.com/en/news/ryanair- ... -customers

Ryanair in not so bad a situation, after all !
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Latest rumours are that together with introducing the new crew uniforms the new aircrafts which will start arriving in October/November 2014 will have all the "yellow" elements removed from the cabin and will be fitted with Boeing's Sky Interior.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

New uniform,new website,new interior, a new livery update as well? ;)
How long is this,livery active now,how long did the small name text his job before being removed?
Already some planes spotted with bought advertising except the very known ones? costa Brava-Podckarpackie-Velenciana?

CXB
New types flown 2022.. A339

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Just read on hln (I know, I know, but I'm not up for anything else so early in the morning), that Ryanair will reduce the extra luggage fee from 20€ per kilo to 10€ per kilo.

Since I don't have a frame of reference, what is the surcharge for extra hold luggage at Brussels Airlines, Thomas Cook or Jetairfly?

airbuske

Post by airbuske »

teddybAIR wrote:Just read on hln (I know, I know, but I'm not up for anything else so early in the morning), that Ryanair will reduce the extra luggage fee from 20€ per kilo to 10€ per kilo.

Since I don't have a frame of reference, what is the surcharge for extra hold luggage at Brussels Airlines, Thomas Cook or Jetairfly?
Brussels Airlines has piece concept so you are allowed to take one piece of 23 kgs on short en medium haul.
If your bag is too heavy you pay a fix rate of 50 € between 23 kgs & 32 kgs. ( So it is better that your bag is 9 kgs too heavy)
One extra piece is 75 € on short & medium haul.
The price is the same for all LH Group carriers.
Best regards,

Airbuske

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

I just looked it up for JAF. Their rules change as of 03APR14. I'll use the short & medium haul examples below. For excess bagage which you pre-book in advance:

Until now:
> 20 kg allowed per pax over 2 years
> up to 5kg extra for 35€
> 6 to 10 kg extra for 70€
> 11 to 15kg extra for 105€
> 16 to 20 kg extra for 140€

As of 03APR14
> 15 kg allowed per pax over 2 years
> up to 5kg extra for 5€
> 6 to 10 kg extra for 40€
> 11 to 15kg extra for 75€
> 16 to 20 kg extra for 110€

For excess bagage that is not prebooked: 12€/kg excess baggage

Rogerb

Post by Rogerb »

according MST aviation website Ryanair base at MST will be closed from March 2014!!!

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

correct