New Afriqiyah Airlines livery/corporate image

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

RoMax

New Afriqiyah Airlines livery/corporate image

Post by RoMax »

Afriqiyah Airlines introduced a new livery/logo, soon to be seen on a newly delivered aircraft.

http://pbs.twimg.com/media/A-f4pkqCQAA8IJK.jpg:large

I liked the previous paint more, this looks not bad, modern, but a bit boring in my opinion. But the previous paint was simply WAY too related to the fallen regime of the country...

Flanker2

Re: New Afriqiyah Airlines livery/corporate image

Post by Flanker2 »

This livery reminded me of Aeromexico.
Which reminded me of Korongo.

aviationtoday.com

wikipedia.org

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Flanker2 wrote:This livery reminded me of Aeromexico.
It also has something (that combination of two shades of blue on the tail) from the latest Mexicana-paint in my opinion.

Anyway, I don't think it's a bad paint, but maybe the fuselage should have get more color...(a bit boring now) but that seems to be the trend...making it 'modern', but often more boring (and white).

Sabena320

Post by Sabena320 »

A pitty, I really liked their current one, especially with the colorful date on the tail.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Sabena320 wrote:A pitty, I really liked their current one, especially with the colorful date on the tail.
Indeed...but that date (9.9.'99, refering to the Sirte Declaration) is exactly one of the problems with the current livery/corporate image...the same goes for that green/black as house color... (refering way to much to the previous regime, remember Afriqiyah was very closely connected to the Khadaffi-family and they want to get rid of all connections that remind of that time)
But still a pitty to see it dissapear.