Jetairfly goes Embraer

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Devon Rex

Re: Jetairfly goes Embraer

Post by Devon Rex »

SN1203 wrote:
airazurxtror wrote:Jetairfly seems to be an intelligently managed airline - not losing time in moaning about level or unlevel playing fields, not wishing to get rid of a concurrent - but steadily going ahead on its own.
Ummm... well, they actually don't have to lose time on the existing unlevel playing field in this country as other airlines are sorting the mess for them :roll:
Got any examples?

Acid-drop

Post by Acid-drop »

Bralo20 wrote:
RCMike wrote:But an EMB195 for charter ops... from a loading point of view that doesn't seem a wise descision. Small compartments, limited structural weights vs. a lot of large and heavy bags. And what about the cabin bags, they seem a bit larger on charter flights most of the time :)

I do not dislike the EMB's but it doesn't seem suitable for charter ops in my opinion.
The E-170-E195 range is actually more a mini airliner then a regional jet. I've flew with several E-jets with United on trips in the USA and the amount of space available is quite impressive. When you board an E-Jet it's like stepping into a small Airbus for example, it's roomy, plenty of space available (yes, even the overhead bins are quite roomy). And AFAIK there are higher weight variants available, so I don't think that loads will be a problem.

I actually like the E-jet quite a lot, especially when you have a layout like United has (Y+ and F) :mrgreen:
I have the same feeling ! I quite like this plane I have to say.
All you say is pretty correct and I would add it's more quiet than others and the big windows are a plus.

KriVa

Post by KriVa »

To give a little overview, the current fleet of JAF consists of the following aircraft:
15 own 737 NG ( 4 737-700 and 11 737-800)
2 external 737 NG (PH-TFF and G-FDZD)
2 own 737 Classic ( OO-JAT and OO-JAM)
2 767-300 ER (OO-TUC and OO-JAP)

In total 21 aircraft.

In 2013, the fleet will consist of:
18 737 NG (3 new)
2 E190 (both new from Embraer)
1 767-300ER (TUC will go)
1 787

In total 22 aircraft, of which 6 brand new.
Thomas

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Just 2 E190s?
Isn't that a little bit of a too small fleet to be good?
Sure, contrary to the odd F100 they used to operate, these will be new planes, but if they encounter any problem with either one of them, there is likely going to be a significant knock on effect on all the routes they will be scheduled on, just as it is the case with their tiny 767 fleet (see recent problems for instance)?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

If there's a problem with one of the E190's they can try to find a spare 737 in their own fleet or that of other TUI Group airlines.
It would be more of a problem when you have a full 737 that breaks down and only an E190 as spare aircraft.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Oh yes indeed! A 737 can be a good back up to the E190, which it obvisously can't to the 767! Stupid me!

Oh well, the E190 is a very comfortable plane: I am sure they will be of great use to them.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

As anticipated: Jetairfly acquires the E190's in order to be able to develop more point-to-point connections. Look at it on the bright side: in case a plane goes technical, in triangular flights 2 destinations are impacted whereas in point-to-point flights only 1 destination is impacted. Speaking as a tourist, I would also prefer a direct flight to Ibiza in favor of a triangular flight Menorca-Ibiza. I know, that for us aviation enthousiasts, that is a concept hard to grasp, but most people want to minimize their time on an uncomfortable plane.

Link: http://www.luchtvaartnieuws.nl/nl-NL/Ar ... raer_190_s

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

ERJ-190s in the new JAF livery will be very nice! :D

Does someone know when OO-JLO will be back from TPE? Its C-Check seems to be longer than normal...

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

When will be the first JAF Embraer flight and to which destination?

Tomskii

Post by Tomskii »

If everything goes as planned the first one is delivered in February, thats all we know for now and unfortunately I'm not a psych

Conti764

Post by Conti764 »

airazurxtror wrote:Jetairfly seems to be an intelligently managed airline - not losing time in moaning about level or unlevel playing fields, not wishing to get rid of a concurrent - but steadily going ahead on its own.
Seems to have found the way to manage bases both at BRU and CRL, too.
Apples and oranges...

Jetairfly is merely the airline branch of Jetair, althouth they perform scheduled flights, they manage to fill them mainly with their customers who ordered package voyages.
Secondly, it's a part of a much bigger company, being TUI, thus having more financial backing.

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

That's weird! I just clicked on a thread that said "Jetairfly goes Embraer" and for the past 12 messages I've read nothing that's even remotely related to the subject. So I suggest we either get this topic back on subject or close it. My preference is the first, so to get things back on track:

Anybody got reliable info about payload/range of these birds? I've read on Airwork that they reach as far as North of Egypt with acceptable payloads.

Regards,
bAIR

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

I know dispatch reliability of the E170/190 series is not the greatest at the moment :?

http://avherald.com/h?search_term=E190& ... search.y=0
http://avherald.com/h?search_term=E170& ... search.y=0

teddybAIR

Post by teddybAIR »

Hi Sean,

Interesting links...didn't know that website. However, I find it hard to deduct anything on dispatch reliability from those listings...they look impressive, sure, but what's the benchmark? And the items listed there are not always related to the reliability of the plane (ex: birdstrike, overran runway, wake turbulence, pilot injured by laser beam,...)

Or do you have your reliability info from another source?

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

This is indeed a list of all incidents regardless if they were technical or not. However there is recurring theme of pressurisation problems, hydraulic leaks and engine problems. Also if you compare the amount of reports vs that of B737 and a320 (keeping in mind that there are a lot more of thise flying around) it seems that the rate is very high. I also recall some airlines phasing them out due to dispatch reliability problems, hiwever i would need to look up who that was :)

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Jetairfly has announced the first routes to be served by its two EMB-190s that will be delivered in 2013. As of March 5, it plans to use the aircraft on flights from Brussels to Alicante (ALC), Djerba Zarzis International (DJE), Enfidha Hammamet International (NBE), Malaga Pablo Ruiz Picasso (AGP), Pristina (PRN) and Tirana Rinas Mother Teresa (TIA).

Source: ch-aviation
André
ex Sabena #26567

air belgium

Post by air belgium »

Any chance to fly with the JAF EMB 190 on a special non commercial flight? Thanks.

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

air belgium wrote:Any chance to fly with the JAF EMB 190 on a special non commercial flight? Thanks.
You can always contact Jetairfly for this and try to arrange a special flight (it would be commercial anyway ;) ).

Airbus330lover

Post by Airbus330lover »

Cathay........ good idea

Novastar

Post by Novastar »

yeah that or a special av geeks trip with JAF's dreamliner when they get it... now THAT would be awesome tbh :-)
Flown: A319 / 320 / 321 / 350 - B737 / 757 / 767 / 777 / 787 - MD11 - Fokker 50 - Fairchild SA-227