Airbus A350 XWB news

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

A330

Re: Airbus A350 news

Post by A330 »

Not sure yet if I should change my name... Always need to get used to a new aircraft. But I like it, looks futuristic, perhaps the nose is a bit too sharp.
Great video, certainly the view from the tow vehicle under the nose. And also the view on the nose & cockpit when the aircraft is almost out of the hangar, great reflections of the lights inside! Thanks for posting it.
The Airbus personell must be proud of their new creation coming out of the paint shop.
Welcome A350!

brusselsairlinesfan

Post by brusselsairlinesfan »

A true beauty indeed!
Looks even more "modern" than the 787 to me...

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Very beautiful airplane indeed, let's hope we'll see it one day in an SN livery.

BrightCedars

Post by BrightCedars »

I like it and I think it looks really nice and elegant. I hope to see it in ME and SN colors, but I won't cry if either of them decide to put their livery on the B787 either.

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

Nice. It looks very modern for an airbus. I like it.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

sean1982 wrote:Very beautiful airplane indeed, let's hope we'll see it one day in an SN livery.
yes hoping it too. I guess it depends what LH will decide...

edit : I guess with these birds there will be less cancellations ;)

cnc

Post by cnc »

looks very elegant but i prefere the A333 :)

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Looks a bit like a Nimrod to me... 2nd Airbus in a row where they have failed to make the nose more attractive after it's initial designs.

galaxy

Post by galaxy »

I like the nose design,especially the cockpit windows. It looks firm and solid .

earthman

Post by earthman »

IMNSHO the nose is much nicer than the A330/A340 nose.

Of course, the black paint around the cockpit windows adds to the looks. I wonder what the plane would look like in a livery with no special colors around the cockpit windows.

convair

Post by convair »

Sorry to distract you from the nose, girls ;) , but the cockpit door is quite important too! ;) (cfr another topic)

rwandan-flyer

Post by rwandan-flyer »

First flight nears, A350 could make Paris show flypast

Airbus could show off new jet from the air

* Paris air show flypast depends on maiden flight

* Past launches suggest plane could fly by mid-June

* Cruise performance tests key in battle for sales
http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/05/ ... BR20130520
Rwanda Aviation News (Drones, Air Force, Civil Aviation, Space, Air Balloon): https://www.facebook.com/RwandAn-Flyer-153177931456873

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Good news...

Isn't it MR Boeing?

;-)

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Desert Rat wrote:Good news...
Isn't it MR Boeing?
;-)
Realy, again... Of course it's good news, as if I ever implied I don't want them to be able to show of the A350 in Paris... :roll: What I said in reaction to your comment some time ago, was that they'll not "do everything to be able to show the A350 in Paris". If they are able to so so, fine, if they do not, fine as well.

There is a difference between having a preference for either Airbus or Boeing and showing 'hate' against the other one hoping everything bad will happen to them. And exactly that's the reason I asked to change my forum-name, to avoid such comments.

earthman

Post by earthman »

Since many (if not most?) parts of the plane (by number, not necessarily by weight or size) are churned out by other manufacturers, located all over the world, it is hard to tell where a plane really comes from. Therefore any nationalistic-feelings-based preference for one or the other manufacturer is just silly.

That being said, I'm sure a Paris flyby would be a very good thing PR-wise.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

earthman wrote:Therefore any nationalistic-feelings-based preference for one or the other manufacturer is just silly.
Who said anything about nationalistic feelings? If I would have nationalistic reasons to prefere either Airbus or Boeing, I would prefer Airbus and not Boeing...
It's just a personal preference. That has nothing to do with technical capability, nationalistic feelings, or anything like that. And as such it doesn't influence anything I said here about them being present at Le Bourget or not. :roll:
And yes it would be nice PR, but as I said before, they'll not push for it. They don't even do an official roll-out ceremony. Of course Le Bourget would be a cheaper alternative, but still the main goal is simply to show to the technical capability of the aircraft during flight testing and not how beautiful it is when flying around at an airshow.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

This is what I wrote:
"I guess AIB will do anything for the miracle to happen. With the 787 grounded, it's the perfect time to push the balls to the wall....toga style!"

This is what you wrote:
"They will not do anything for that miracle to happen... The aim of a first flight is NEVER to be at an airshow on time and that's also exactly what Airbus and EADS said. It's nice to show it overthere, but not a commercial goal at this moment in the program.
They will not. First flight is planned for July or August, unless things go faster then expected, they'll have no first flight before the airshow and they'll not push for it to happen (as I said in my previous post). Airbus also said that in the case they may do a first flight before the airshow, they'll prefer to stay in TLS for testing than going to Le Bourget".

I say ...again ...Airbus will do anything for the first flight to happen before the Airshow.

earthman

Post by earthman »

And the 787 is flying again so they are too late anyway.

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

Desert Rat wrote: I say ...again ...Airbus will do anything for the first flight to happen before the Airshow.
We obviously disagree. No they will not.
They will push for a first flight as fast as possible and if that happens to be before the Paris Air Show, that would be great, but that's not the goal they set.
earthman wrote:And the 787 is flying again so they are too late anyway.
Normally Qatar will send a 787 and Boeing as well, probably one of Air India (at least, an Air India aircraft (not yet delivered) did make 'practicing' flights that are the same as Boeing did last year with the QR 787 they send to Farnborough).

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

RoMax wrote: We obviously disagree.
On this We agree... ;)