ANA from Tokyo to Brussels in April 2013

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sn26567

ANA from Tokyo to Brussels in April 2013

Post by sn26567 »

According to La Libre Belgique, All Nippon Airways (ANA) would start flying directly from Tokyo to Brussels in April 2013. It is likely to use the Boeing 787 on the route.

Airlines don't like to disclose such information too early, in order to avoid alerting the competition. ANA has for a long time wanted to fly between the two cities. Its CEO Shinichiro Ito told the newspaper about it in December 2011. Brussels Airport also confirms that talks are under way, without stating a date for the first flight.

It is in a note of the Belgian government on the problems of aviation in Belgium that the journalist of La Libre found an initial date: the note explains that the entry of Brussels Airlines in the Star Alliance, of which ANA is also a member, has opened new possibilities; and indeed, since SN joined the alliance, Air Canada, United and Thai have arrived in Brussels. Negotiations are also under way with South African and Singapore.

The delays in the delivery of the 787 explain why ANA has not come earlier.
André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Re: ANA from Tokyo to Brussels in April 2013

Post by RoMax »

Wouldn't be suprised if this is indee true, they already wanted to start this year (also ZRH and possibly DUS) with the 787. But the difficult economical climate and the delays in the 787 deliveries have made these plans difficult.

It would be another new nice airline at BRU. You can't say the Star membership of SN doesn't bring new, nice airlines/routes. In the long haul sector I think BRU immediatly focused on getting Air Canada, Thai, Singapore, ANA, South African and more United/CO flights into BRU. Singapore Airlines and South African are the two most difficult ones, and it doesn't suprise me they are still not in BRU. Let's hope for 2013 or 2014. :P

ExSabena

Post by ExSabena »

since SN joined the alliance, Air Canada, United and Thai have arrived in Brussels

Sorry but United was present in Brussels a long time ago before SN joined the Star Alliance !!!!

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

ExSabena wrote:
Sorry but United was present in Brussels a long time ago before SN joined the Star Alliance !!!!
They just mean the new ORD-BRU route, wich was launched after SN entered Star Alliance

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

this is great news IMHO :D

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

d
Last edited by Flanker on 07 Apr 2012, 17:52, edited 1 time in total.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I don't want to rain on your parade sir, but ANA has been openly mentioning their intention to serve BRU as soon as Brussels Airlines joined STAR, so other than just reading up on their future plans, there's not much analysis to be done really....

I've said so before: try not to be so full of yourself, it makes all those times you got it completely wrong ever more painful to you.

Flanker

Post by Flanker »

d
Last edited by Flanker on 07 Apr 2012, 17:51, edited 1 time in total.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

Sir, the thread you have linked to explicitly talks about a pulled press release by ANA on their imminent launch of a nonstop flight to BRU. That report was dated 30th of March 2010 and there were very strong rumours prior that date even.

BTW, no need to impress me, because this one was as easy as it gets; even I knew this one was coming for years already and I don't even need to be given the information from insiders; besides, I thought you claimed to have it from your very own analysis????

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

Inquirer wrote: BTW, no need to impress me, because this one was as easy as it gets; even I knew this one was coming for years already and I don't even need to be given the information from insiders; besides, I thought you claimed to have it from your very own analysis????
ROTFL, for a newbe he sure got you there?! :mrgreen:

ANA is indeed known to be willing to serve BRU for years, so no need to claim any bragging rights, NCB.

Welcome to BRU, ANA.
SN will be an excellent partner for you, with some very interesting additional destinations on offer to codeshare on.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Don't worry Inquirer, he has loads of (evil?) twins all over the aviation industry :lol:

Treeper

Post by Treeper »

Flanker, don't start behaving like that again, please. It seems you have been right about this, just let it go now.

(Edit: I was typing when the others posted; the above sentence seems not to be so correct after all)

There are some people on this forum, like me and probably like Inquirer as well, who are just here, as they say, for the fun of it. Do they need 'credentials' to have a say? No, that's not a necessity on this forum.
And on a side note, 7 steps to the white house, you know?

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

sean1982 wrote:Don't worry Inquirer, he has loads of (evil?) twins all over the aviation industry :lol:
Oh, I don't need to get my reason of being from this site so I can cope with the somewhat arrogant attitude flanker used to talk to me with, but I was quite surprised to see something as evident bring presented as the greatest prediction, when in fact ANA themselves already openly talked about BRU years ago. As I said: if even I can see this one coming, there isn't much about really.

Besides, talking about credentials, you still need to give yours, flanker.
Having friends is all fine, but what do you do yourself?
You know pretty well what I do because I've answered your question openly when asked, yet despite having asked you the same already 3 times, you still haven't told me what you do?

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

Gentlemen,

please stay on topic. I think this newly opened topic is interesting enough to give other replys wich are concerning the subject.
So if you want to discusse about the resources you have or not, please do it somewhere else,

thx in advance,

Brubiac

Kapitein

Post by Kapitein »

So now concerning the subject.
It was indeed known for a while that NH wanted to comeback to BRU. It was mentioned by several different sources in the media and even the airport had expressed their interests.
I see its now in 2013 iso 2012 they will come, so i guess the 787-saga has given them a small delay.

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

according to this article (in dutch), negotiations are going on with ANA to reinstall a direct flight between Brussels and Tokyo. A delegation of the federal governement, the flemish and walloon governement (I guess this is Belgium...lol) are in Tokyo right now.

http://www.brusselnieuws.be/artikel/bel ... io-vliegen

Will we see a B787 in the (near) future?
Last edited by OO-ITR on 12 Jun 2012, 10:38, edited 1 time in total.

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

André
ex Sabena #26567

itami

Post by itami »

Brubiac wrote:I see its now in 2013 iso 2012 they will come
We hear this story already more than 10 years. So first see and then believe... :mrgreen: