JAF turns into scheduled airline + expansion

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

Sai

JAF turns into scheduled airline + expansion

Post by Sai »

Jetairfly released two official press releases last week with some rather interesting news.
They can be read in Dutch here and here. And in French here and here.
As many topics are covered I translated the main/most interesting topics in English without any further explanation:

• First topic is about their growth in the last 8 years (pax, fleet, jobs, etc…)
• Fleetexpansion: From 16 to 20 Aircraft in 2012 of which 16 Boeing Next Generation
• A total of 98 destinations and 144 routes with new destinations from CRL and BRU(e.g. Nice, Azores, Macedonia, Mallorca)
• All JAF flights will become scheduled flights :o (so bookable via international bookingsystems, also by non EU-residents and business travelers)
• 100 new jobs for airline crew and technicians
• Integration of Jet4you in Jetairfly (new routes via Paris and for TUI France done by JAF)
• Catering by Gate Gourmet
• Confirmation of B787 in 2013
• New Jetairfly building and maintenance hangar in BRU airport in 2013. An artists' impression can be seen here

Outsync

Re: JAF turns into scheduled airline + expansion

Post by Outsync »

JAF likes to reschedule alot at the very last minute.

If you are a frequent flyer on their leisure destinations your departure time is never confirmed and is always subject to change.

How will they integrate this with connecting passengers?

WIll they foresee staff in case of irregs many questions come to mind I suppose.

Will they start with e tickets? If someone has more info, most welcome :)

Sai

Post by Sai »

I'm not at all an expert, but most of their flights are 'point to point' flights.
They don't aim, on most destinations, on connecting passengers I think.
Connecting pax are for typical destinations as AMS, JFK, FRA, CDG, which they don't fly to as they are already covered by lots of other airlines (which probably hardly make a profit on the routes).
Other capitals in their network like a Santo Domingo, Bangkok, Athens, Algiers, etc... are often final destinations for most people.
They have staff normally on all their destinations and have to follow EU-regulations in case of delay.
Then again I'm not an expert and just mentioned the press release...

I'm rather interested in the fact of a second Boeing 787 for a Belgian airline, nothing is mentioned in the press release but according to some forums and Wikipedia they have 2 on order???

cnc

Post by cnc »

is there a link with the rebranding of corsairfly?