Ryanair in 2012

A forum to discuss all aviation items (not for latest aviation news and military aviation news)

Moderator: Latest news team

airazurxtror

Ryanair in 2012

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.lesoir.be/actualite/economie ... 890829.php

Ryanair intends to create over 1,000 jobs in Europe in 2012, the year it plans to reach the threshold of 80 million passengers.
None of these jobs, which comprise both the crew and on the ground, however, will be based in Ireland, where the company considers that airport taxes are too high.

Ryanair prefers to grow where taxes are lower : it recently announced new bases in Billund (Denmark), Wroclaw (Poland), Palma (Spain), Manchester (Great Britain) or Paphos (Cyprus).

Ryanair plans to increase its fleet of Boeing 737, from 270 to 305 aircraft in accordance with established program delivery, hoping an increase in traffic to 80 million passengers in 2012 against 76 million last year.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair- ... 5-aircraft

crew1990

Re: Ryanair in 2012.

Post by crew1990 »

And regarding "radio-galley", they could open some new bases, I hearded...

Eindhoven, Treviso, Berlin, Lisboa, Thessaloniki, Lamezia, Marrakesh and some other... But seeing how the thing are going I wouldn't be surprise about Eindhoven, Treviso, Lamezia and Thessaloniki...

I hearded as well that we maybe gonna change of uniform, just wait and see...

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair- ... f-15m-euro

Michael O’Leary :

“We are pleased to report a Q3 profit of €15m which is ahead of expectations due to benign weather conditions in December (compared to widespread snow closures and deicing in Dec 2010) and a better yield performance as we grounded 80 aircraft and cut traffic by 2%. The 17% rise in ave. fares (which includes our optional baggage fees) is due to reduced seat capacity, longer sectors, and higher competitor fares/fuel surcharges. Ancillary revenues grew 6% to €177m and rose by 8% on a per pax basis.

Our new routes and bases have performed well this winter. We open 5 new bases in Baden Baden (Ger), Billund (Den), Palma (Spain), Paphos (Cyprus) and Wroclaw (Poland) in March/April 2012. We expect to launch at least 1 more base for summer 2012, shortly. The EU recession, higher oil prices, the unfolding failure of the package tour operator model, significant competitor fare increases and capacity cuts, has created enormous growth opportunities for Ryanair, as large and smaller airports across Europe compete aggressively to win Ryanair’s growth.

Unit costs rose 11% mainly due to an 18% increase in fuel costs. Excluding fuel, sector length adjusted unit costs fell 1%, as we aggressively controlled costs despite a 2% basic pay increase, higher Eurocontrol fees, and substantially higher Dublin Airport charges. In FY13 we are 90% hedged for H1 at $990 per tonne (approx. $99 per barrel), and 70% hedged for H2 at approx. $100 pbl. We expect to hedge the balance of our H2 2013 needs over the coming months. However, at these prices our fuel bill for FY 2013 will rise by approx. €350m which poses a significant cost challenge for next year.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Ryanair has sold 7.2 million tickets last month, up 6% from April 2011 - after several consecutive months of decline.

According to statistics released May 3, 2012 Ryanair has attracted over the last twelve months 76.3 million passengers, the load factor standing at 81% - down a point for the month of April 2011 at 82%.

Ryanair figures are not a surprise, after a winter that had seen her park some 80 aircraft because of higher oil prices. The low cost foresaw a decline of 5% of its passenger traffic until March, and his predictions proved true.

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/ryanair- ... -6-percent

The full year results will be published on the 21st of this month.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://www.ryanair.com/ie/news/21-may-r ... ent-to-76m

The highlights of the past financial year include :

Profits growth of 25% to €503m.
Traffic grew 5% to 76m (despite grounding up to 80 aircraft in winter).
25 new aircraft delivered (y/e fleet 294).
6 new bases opened.
330 new routes launched (y/e total over 1,500 routes).

Ryanair operates more than 1,500 flights per day from 51 bases and 1,500 low fare routes across 28 countries, connecting over 165 destinations. Ryanair operates a fleet of 294 new Boeing 737-800 aircraft with firm orders for a further 11 new aircraft (before taking account of planned disposals), which will be delivered over the next year. Ryanair currently has a team of more than 8,500 people and expects to carry 79 million passengers in the current fiscal year.

Outlook
We expect traffic in FY13 will grow by 5% to just over 79m passengers. H1 traffic will grow 7% while H2 will grow by 3%. Our fuel bill will rise by €320m in FY13 with most of this increase skewed into H1, and as a result we expect to report a Q1 profit fall due to these higher prices. We remain concerned about next winter as we have zero yield visibility but expect recession, austerity, currency concerns and lower fares at new and growing bases in Hungary, Poland, Provincial UK, and Spain will make it difficult to repeat this year’s record results. We expect that any increase in fares will only partially offset higher fuel costs, and accordingly we are guiding net profit in FY13 subject to final yield outturn will be lower than FY12 in a range of between €400m to €440m.
Last edited by airazurxtror on 25 May 2012, 18:29, edited 2 times in total.

convair

Post by convair »

You may not like their service, you may not like (or even despise) their methods; still these are very impressive results. And, as I wrote before, they play a very useful role in this industry.

regi

Post by regi »

convair wrote:You may not like their service, you may not like (or even despise) their methods; still these are very impressive results. And, as I wrote before, they play a very useful role in this industry.
Completely right: the only purpose of a company is to make profit.
And it doesn't matter where it comes from , subsidies, by passing labour regulations, sale of lottery tickets, whatever.

convair

Post by convair »

I didn't say I approve of their methods!

Still, it is funny to see the crusaders of the FR bashing team reach for their guns so fast!

Didn't think Regi was one of them though.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

regi wrote: Completely right: the only purpose of a company is to make profit.
And it doesn't matter where it comes from , subsidies, by passing labour regulations, sale of lottery tickets, whatever.
Profit also comes from selling 75 million seats per year ...
As regards subsidies and labour regulations, EU regulations are adhered to.
Ancillary sales like drinks, food and scratch cards are part of the revenues, yes, why not ? (And an important part at that : 886 million euros, 21% of total revenue).
Reminds me : Ryanair sells "Le Soir" and "Het Laatste Nieuws" on morning flights from Charleroi, at the cover price. Some time ago, Brussels Airlines was selling them with a 50 cents surcharge ... Who is mean ?
From a member of the Ryanair Fan Club.

By the way, the Ryanair full financial report can be found on their website :
http://www.ryanair.com/ie/investor/download/2012
Where are the Brussels Airlines financial reports ? I can't find them on their website, somebody can give the link ?

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

convair wrote:I didn't say I approve of their methods!

Still, it is funny to see the crusaders of the FR bashing team reach for their guns so fast!

why? the truth can't be said in Ryanair paradise?

convair

Post by convair »

The truth is not as one-sided as you seem to believe; what airazurxtror said is also a part of the truth.
I am a supporter of SN but bashing FR every time they're in the news doesn't help SN.
We all know how FR does its business.
Is it
-fair? : no
-100% ethical? : no, but then who is? I'm not. Are you?
-legal? : yes; the "enemy" would be sueing them all the time if they weren't.
-efficient? : definitely yes,both in terms of customers and revenues/profit! whether you (and I) like it or not.

If they would disappear, someone else would take their place; but certainly not SN as it is playing in another field, even though its charter activity (which is of course very different from an LCC operation) is far from negligible (good for them), judging by Brussels Airport departures table on week-ends, specially on Saturdays.

Try and open your mind a little.

cnc

Post by cnc »

unlike WN in the US FR is destroying european aviation by playing an unfair game.
and yes all cheap asses and poor people flying FR are to blame too.
you don't just take a flight to lets say rome just as you would take your car to drive to some near city.
aviation for everyone? sure bugatti veyron SS for everyone too!
i have no problem with LCC's if the reason why they have low prices is because of low operating costs and not because they cover loses with tax money from regions they fly to

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

cnc wrote: aviation for everyone? sure bugatti veyron SS for everyone too!
Yes, aviation for everyone, like it or not - thanks to Ryanair. :lol:
Too bad for Brussels Airlines and other "fat cats only" airlines - which is why they are doomed.

Imperial Airways, l'Aéropostale, Pan Am, Sabena : it's over, you know ...

cnc

Post by cnc »

airazurxtror wrote: Yes, aviation for everyone, like it or not - thanks to Ryanair. :lol:
Too bad for Brussels Airlines and other "fat cats only" airlines - which is why they are doomed.

Imperial Airways, l'Aéropostale, Pan Am, Sabena : it's over, you know ...
you do know that once competition is gone FR fares will go up do you? heck the moment they stop getting money from all local govs fares will go up drastically.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

cnc wrote: you do know that once competition is gone FR fares will go up do you? heck the moment they stop getting money from all local govs fares will go up drastically.
Let's enjoy it while it lasts !
Ce qui est pris est pris.

shockcooling

Post by shockcooling »

Here are some nice similarities well spotted by airazurxtror ;)

Weren't the likes as Pan Am, Sabena, ... expecting the sky wasn't going to be the limit? I just can't imagine what will happen when growth at Ryaniar is going to slow down, it's just amazing what they have accomplished in only 10 years (from 10mln to 75 mln pax).

But these 2012 figures are just stunning!

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

cnc wrote:unlike WN in the US FR is destroying european aviation by playing an unfair game.
and yes all cheap asses and poor people flying FR are to blame too.
you don't just take a flight to lets say rome just as you would take your car to drive to some near city.
aviation for everyone? sure bugatti veyron SS for everyone too!
i have no problem with LCC's if the reason why they have low prices is because of low operating costs and not because they cover loses with tax money from regions they fly to

Lol! Destroying EXPENSIVE european aviation you mean. All airlines here can profit from "free tax money", but till now I did not see an SN in CRL. Those regions are way too happy to generate jobs /and can earn money from the tourists.

"all cheap asses and poor people flying FR are to blame too" Hahaha! Yes, let's make aviation for the upper class again. Wake up, this is 2012, not 1930.

cathay belgium

Post by cathay belgium »

Hi,

Anno 2012 Upper class people prefer trains ! :mrgreen: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Happy with FR opening air-travel for all-people,
happy with FR that they forced SN/other full carriers to create a bLight !

Hoping the 2 may still be there in 10/15 years !

If Fr will be gone, we will be thrown back into Panam times !
So we will when oil is definately becoming a golden liquid../rare..

Don't believe in a green aviation for all in this life.. so enjoy flying as long as you can ,airazur 8-)

Thanks Southwest for that ;)

CX-B
New types flown 2022.. A339

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

OMG, CNC were you born in 1902 or something?
Or are you just that downright pretentious to say that only upper class people are allowed to fly?

Reminds me of a quote from "Titanic":
Rose: Half of the people on this ship are going to die.
Calledon: Not the better half

regi

Post by regi »

convair wrote:I didn't say I approve of their methods!

Was I bashing ?