Ryanair does maiden flights for poor childeren from CRL

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

sean1982

Ryanair does maiden flights for poor childeren from CRL

Post by sean1982 »

Hey Guys,

Last Saturday Ryanair lended an aircraft to CRL airport to make flights over Belgium for poor childeren from the CRL area. On of our crews did 4 40 min flights over Belgium with a full aircraft. I copied a link below with the video from the local news. Brings a smile to the face really :)

http://telesambre.rtc.be/content/view/12449/166/

Grtz,
Sean

Shanti

Re: Ryanair does maiden flights for poor childeren from CRL

Post by Shanti »

Thanks Ryanair ;)

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Hum working for Ryanair and knowing them i can just say that it s just to make a bit of publicity. A publicity nice for the children but the intention was not there :-( it s to show that ryanair is nice in this period which everybody start complaining of them the cabin crew, syndicates, ...

pressman

Post by pressman »

crew 1990 , crawl back in your hole , almost 5 hours of flight for underprivileged kids , there are far cheaper ways to get a bit of publicity than this . FR make large contributions to various charities throughout the year with absolutely no publicity whatsoever .

flywithUs

Post by flywithUs »

Et il s’agissait d’un joli cadeau offert par l'aéroport local qui, à l'occasion de ses 20 ans
All is said

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

http://telesambre.rtc.be/content/view/12449/166/

Un baptême de l'air rendu possible aussi par la mise à disposition par Ryanair d'un avion durant toute la journée pour quatre vols.

rix

Post by rix »

I cannot see where it's written that Ryanair provided the aircraft (with operating costs) pro bono, so let's not rush into assuming that Ryanair management participated in this initiative out of the goodness of their heart

fcw

Post by fcw »

Rix, flywithUs and crew 1990, I am deeply ashamed on your behalf!
FR :thumbup:
MODS, please... Flogger and other NCB's have been banned for less than this!
Last edited by fcw on 23 Sep 2011, 00:04, edited 2 times in total.

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

oh god, why does every ryanair threat end in a bashing of the company. This is just SAD!

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

Kudos to Ryanair for providing an aircraft and its crew for these flights. There are not many airlines that would do the same. I agree with Sean that there is no need to find all kinds of reasons to bash Ryanair. In this case they behaved in an admirable way.
André
ex Sabena #26567

JAF737

Post by JAF737 »

sn26567 wrote:Kudos to Ryanair for providing an aircraft and its crew for these flights. There are not many airlines that would do the same. I agree with Sean that there is no need to find all kinds of reasons to bash Ryanair. In this case they behaved in an admirable way.
Yeah, it's nice...but do you really (really????) think they did this for free?

jan_olieslagers

Post by jan_olieslagers »

Charity flights are, or at least WERE, common practice. See http://www.asa-be.com/images/PhotoGalle ... %20DHL.jpg for another example. Nice enough to see Ryan behaving normally for this once.

regi

Post by regi »

fcw wrote:Rix, flywithUs and crew 1990, I am deeply ashamed on your behalf!
FR :thumbup:
MODS, please... Flogger and other NCB's have been banned for less than this!
has NCB ever been banned?
As far as my Alzheimer infested brain remembers , we saw member NCB leave at least 2 times by himself. Please correct me if I am wrong.

regi

Post by regi »

jan_olieslagers wrote:Charity flights are, or at least WERE, common practice. See http://www.asa-be.com/images/PhotoGalle ... %20DHL.jpg for another example. Nice enough to see Ryan behaving normally for this once.
I think that the largest charity action was performed by Air India with the repatriation Indians from Iraq in 2001 during the first Gulf War.

13 August to 11 October 1990 – Air India entered the Guinness Book of World Records for the most people evacuated by a civil airliner. Over 111,000 people were evacuated from Amman to Mumbai – a distance of 4,117 km, by operating 488 flights in association with Indian Airlines, from 13 August to 11 October 1990 – lasting 59 days. The operation was carried out during Persian Gulf War in 1990 to evacuate Indian expatriates from Kuwait and Iraq.