Brussels Airlines future and financial perspective

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

nordikcam

Re: Brussels airlines future and financial perspective

Post by nordikcam »

tolipanebas wrote:
Flanker2 wrote:Gustin is really learning the ropes: No more U.S. expansion for the moment but more Africa. That's the right focus.
Once again you are taking your own fiction for facts.
Over the next few weeks news will emerge that will clearly show US expansion is still high on the agenda too. Logical, as a fast growing African network can't be supported without it...
;)
Great...with which aircraft ? New ones ? Thx.

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

tolipanebas wrote:Over the next few weeks news will emerge that will clearly show US expansion is still high on the agenda too. Logical, as a fast growing African network can't be supported without it...
Do I read that correctly that after their recent annoucement on next year's continued European expansion, there will also come an announcement on expansion on intercontinental routes soon?
I read your post as a hint there will be both transatlantic as well as African growth.
Is that a correct reading? Any further hints, maybe?
You alway seem to be well informed.
Thank you.

Flanker2

Post by Flanker2 »

No mr. tolipanebas, I'm just quoting your own CEO.
So if that is not correct, then I'm rather confused.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

Flanker2 wrote:No mr. tolipanebas, I'm just quoting your own CEO.
So if that is not correct, then I'm rather confused.
I don't see where Gustin said there would be opening routes in Asia then talk about code sharing

Inquirer

Post by Inquirer »

I am a bit confused too now, but by flanker: are you referring to the interview linked to above?
Ive just read it too, and its the typical kind of low key interview which keeps all questions open, to me.
I definitely didn't read him saying there would be no increases to the US next year, like you claim him say.
You say you quote him, but I dont see him say such: aren't you just interpreting his words a fair bit, maybe too much even? Tolipanebas seems to know more than we do and obviously hints at something different without specifying further. What is it? An evening New York? A full schedule on Washington? Something along those lines would still nicely fit in for instance, so be careful when reframing an interview, sir.

airazurxtror

Post by airazurxtror »

Gustin in the above mentioned interview :
However, at the moment with much of our revenue being Euro driven, expansion in the US is more likely to come when the US dollar becomes stronger.
IF IT AIN'T BOEING, I'M NOT GOING.

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

airazurxtror wrote:Gustin in the above mentioned interview :
However, at the moment with much of our revenue being Euro driven, expansion in the US is more likely to come when the US dollar becomes stronger.
But this sentance doesn't mean that SN will stop to invest there. They would invest even more if the dollar was stronger but then will (and are) investing anyway, wait and see

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Hi all,

In the new issue of B-Inspired (by the way, IMHO by far the best in-flight magazine of any carrier I have seen) they state they are recruiting 150 cabin crew to join SN for the summer season (there were 800 candidates from which 300 were shortlisted!).

Quite impressive if you ask me. Does anyone know how many pilots will be recruited?

I assume that if AVRO's are leaving the fleet (starting in 2016/2017?) and replaced by A319/A320 some of the current pilots will get the necessary training, while some A319/A320 will get additional training to switch to A332/A333, no?

Cheers,
Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

DannyVDB wrote:I assume that if AVRO's are leaving the fleet (starting in 2016/2017?) and replaced by A319/A320 some of the current pilots will get the necessary training
Of course but this is already the case since the first Avro left the fleet.

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

Do you mean, some of the AR1? Or do you mean the AR8 which left the fleet some time ago?

Cheers,
Danny

crew1990

Post by crew1990 »

I mean all the avro's Bae146 Rj85 Rj100, many pilot who used to fly them are now on the A32s fleet

DannyVDB

Post by DannyVDB »

OK, I understand that, but there are still 12 AR1 operational, so that is still a lot. They won't be phased out in one day/week/month/year(?) ... so you need a smooth transition.

So will all these pilots will be 'converted' to A319/A320 pilots or rather part of them while the other part will be retiring, etc.

Cheers,
Danny

OO-ITR

Post by OO-ITR »

More info on next year expansion will follow shortly.

On a side note. Seems Loop is doing very well. In one week they were already a lot of subscriptions

Boeing767copilot

Post by Boeing767copilot »

Gustin: European carriers should adopt good Gulf airline practices

European carriers should focus on adopting some of the good practices of the Gulf “Big Three” carriers rather than complaining about them, Brussels Airlines CEO Bernard Gustin said. But, he added, support from politicians is required. Speaking on the sidelines of the Future of Air Transport conference in London, Gustin said he is not among those who want to restrict access to European airports, but Europe should adopt the Middle East attitude of using airlines as economic

http://atwonline.com/government-affairs ... -practices

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

During this whole weekend Brussels Airlines was switching to a new reservation system (Amadeus Altea Reservation) common to all airlines of the Lufthansa group.

https://www.aviation24.be/airlines/brussel ... e-weekend/

The conversion was successfully completed and is now operational.

André
ex Sabena #26567

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

According to Pulkovo International Airport, the new route to/from Brussels launched by SN in March 2015 was the most successful new route for the airport in 2015 (of the 11 domestic and 8 international new routes that were launched in 2015). SN carried more than 20,000 passengers on the route last year.

http://atwonline.com/airports-routes/ru ... wn-54-2015

convair

Post by convair »

Hello moderators,

Wouldn't it be a good moment to move here (part of) the thread on the Gustin/Eurowings debate?

Discussing the future of SN with SN's management seems to be the sensible thing to do for LH, even if, at the end of the day, they will take their own decisions. At least LH will have a better chance to learn what they should keep and consolidate, and why, before starting any demolition work.

Flanker is right to point out that LH can start dismantling SN the day they own it 100%. But what would be the point to do it without first trying to make it work (hopefully -even :?:- better) as it is or with small and finely-tuned adjustments?

sn26567

Post by sn26567 »

convair wrote:Hello moderators,

Wouldn't it be a good moment to move here (part of) the thread on the Gustin/Eurowings debate?
I agree that this Gustin/Davignon/Eurowings debate is about the future of Brussels Airlines, but with a Lufthansa/Eurowings orientated view. Therefore, I would keep it separate.

What do other people feel?
André
ex Sabena #26567

Bel33

Post by Bel33 »

466,310 passengers flew with Brussels Airlines in January. The number of passengers who have chosen a European flights rose 6.3%, the company registering 22.4% more passengers to and from Africa.

"This growth was also reflected in a sharp increase in the occupancy rate. The latter increased by 7.8 percent points and amounted to 71.4%. The flights to Africa even reached an occupancy rate of 78.6%, "said Brussels Airlines.

The cargo business fell due to "reduced availability of cargo space on the African network."