Thai to serve BRU as from Nov 2011 !

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

thalenoi

Re: Thai to serve BRU as from Nov 2011 !

Post by thalenoi »

Honestly tolipanebas, I have not bothered to read the awards, thus I misinterpreted the news line "Ranks 5th" by thinking they got 5*.

But living in Thailand I read Thaivisa website comments on that ranking.
Have a good read and understand I am not alone to find that ranking to be a major joke.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/477 ... l__skytrax

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

OMG, a link to posts by people complaining about a certain airline? What a surprise! :roll:

The bottom line is that there will always be individual occasions where people will have felt they were let down on service, punctuality and/or comfort by pretty much every airline in the world and when they go online to tell their story, there's always going to be somebody around to confirm such a thing has happened to him too, whereas you'll equally find people who'll happily tell you they have had worse on others still, whereas they had no problems on said airline being bashed....

Sounds pretty much like a summary of the site you've linked to, doesn't it? :lol:

sean1982

Post by sean1982 »

Hopefully JAF will survive on this route for 2 years, after when it will switch this flight to B787.
Wonder who will get the advantage then. Seriously guys, a belgian company deserves all our support. Aviation is allready sad in this country as it is :?

fretn

Post by fretn »

Sorry but long haul charters are just meh to me. They really don't have a purpose except for dumping people in sardine cans. The only real use I see in them are niche destinations like the Maldives, Caribbean, ...

andorra-airport

Post by andorra-airport »

sean1982 wrote:Hopefully JAF will survive on this route for 2 years, after when it will switch this flight to B787.
Wonder who will get the advantage then. Seriously guys, a belgian company deserves all our support. Aviation is allready sad in this country as it is :?
They have to make the prices cheap then! Many people will chose Thai, for the quality of the airline, or for the direct flight. But I am sure there are many, many people out there, who are not aware of this, and look at the cheapest price only. Hope they will chose JAF then, and not something like Aeroflot.

fretn

Post by fretn »

What's wrong with Aeroflot?

andorra-airport

Because you go with this to Bangkok:

Not to mention no alcohol in Y, and the "nice" airports in Moscou.

fretn

Post by fretn »

Good that the average traveller would notice the difference between an airbus, boeing or modern Ilyushin...
The plane looks modern, and I wouldn't hesitate to fly it.

About the alcohol, it seems normal for me. Russians and free booze would result in terror :D.

andorra-airport

Well, "fretn" the point I wanted to make is that I guess "sean1982" is right. Better the Belgium JAF then an inferior product like SU, for those people who only want to pay the cheapest fare.

fretn

Post by fretn »

If "you" decide that Aeroflot is inferior to JAF...
Btw the A330 also flies the bkk route.

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

I understand Aeroflot flies B767/300 on the route to BKK, thus no IFE and Airbus A320 to BRU.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

Don't forget that THA received 5 brand new A330 during the last couple of month, they are phasing out their A300-600 and will soon I guess start the phase out the older 330's(1995). So, the average fleet age is getting younger...

regi

Post by regi »

I have no doubt that the product of TG will be better than what is offered now in total:
  • non stop flight BRU-BKK
    modern airplanes
    sufficient space
    and for a pretty higher price but still bearable.
Btw: Aerflot is not the price cracker between BRU and BKK. Normally it is Egypt Air. But you can catch cheap tickets with Qantas.
You can have cheap tickets with Aroflot departing Düseldorf. But that is only interesting if you live near Germany.

regi

Post by regi »

thalenoi wrote: But living in Thailand I read Thaivisa website comments on that ranking.
Have a good read and understand I am not alone to find that ranking to be a major joke.
http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/477 ... l__skytrax
Thaivisa is OK for some subjects but the fora is overwhelmed by people who complain day in day out. If it is so bad in LoS, those complainers better take the first airplane (and not TG because they can not afford it or it is not good enough in their opinion ) and leave the kingdom asap.
Typical remarks are:
"In the old days, it was all fine. But I am thinking to go to Cambodia because Thailand is too regulated"
And months later we see the same people still make the same silly remark, still in Thailand...no ticket to Cambodia? No roadmap available? Too difficult to obtain a visa ?

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07 ... 60458.html

A new article about Thai's fleet improvement programme. And some information about new destinations. According to Thai they finally decided to fly to BRU (ahaid of other new destinations they are thinking of) because it's an important catchment area and they saw that at least 40 pax on each flight from FRA to Bangkok originated in Brussels/Belgium.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

MR_Boeing wrote:http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2011/07 ... 60458.html

A new article about Thai's fleet improvement programme. And some information about new destinations. According to Thai they finally decided to fly to BRU (ahaid of other new destinations they are thinking of) because it's an important catchment area and they saw that at least 40 pax on each flight from FRA to Bangkok originated in Brussels/Belgium.
40 pax per flight each day? That's 80 pax a day via FRA only on TG flights (they fly 2x daily from FRA)? Or do they mean each flight from FRA? Then you'll have to include the LH flight also... (which brings the total to 120pax a day)

Anyway 80 pax a day via FRA to BKK seams quite a good number...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Is Brussels Airlines going to codeshare with Thai Airways ?

I made a simulation today on the Brussels Airlines website and I saw that Jet Airways is the only option to BKK.

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

750 euros dept from BKK to Bru early Jan...not bad...

regi

Post by regi »

Desert Rat wrote:750 euros dept from BKK to Bru early Jan...not bad...
certainly not bad at all for high season prices !
Did you get these prices from the Thai website, or from a travel agency in Thailand? I wonder how eager Thai travel agents are to sell TG tickets.

capetown

Post by capetown »

Was speaking this week to some people from a well known Belgian travel agency - they told me that the 777 that's gonna fly the route is "old configuration", so not a 'state of the art' onboard experience. Nevertheless, their pricing is very competitive indeed... Still hesitating to try them (intend to go Thailand end of Dec or early Jan), or stick to QR (ex-Bru) or EK (ex-AMS but WITH the A380 flying DXB-BKK)... :?