Thai to serve BRU as from Nov 2011 !

Join this forum to discuss the latest news that happened in the world of commercial aviation.

Moderator: Latest news team

regi

Re: Thai to serve BRU as from next fall!

Post by regi »

jancnx wrote:Now I fly with egyptair to Bangkok. This would be wonderful news if the price was acceptable as was posted before it ll be around 800 - 1200 euro. That's too much, I prefer paying +/- 550 and wait 2 hrs in Cairo then.
Recently Egyptair took a new plane in use to fly from CAI to BKK.
I didn't say it will be like that, I just suppose that Thai will be much more expensive again, as usual. But a lot of people like to pay for non stop flights.
There is also a growing number of travellers from Thailand who dislike transfers in countries which often make it difficult for Thai citizens. For example: Thai people with Belgium as destination like more to fly directly by Eva or China Airlines to Amsterdam, or to DUS by LTU/Air Berlin, or by Thai to Paris, being picked up by relatives or friends, instead of flying by Etihad or Qatar.
I know about a Thai citizen with a Schengen visum isued by the Belgian embassy, who flew by Emirates. This citizen was not allowed in Dubai to board the airplane to Paris , because the end destination was Belgium, so was the guarrantor. We never hear these stories with EVA, China Airlines , LTU/Air Berlin or KLM.
I will also not fly TG if it is much more expensive than the current possebilities with Qatar ( no more Etihad for me because of the 10 abreast in the B777 ), Qantas or Swiss.

regi

Post by regi »

EBKT wrote:finally!!! great new as well for the extra transit passangers it will deliver for the '*A hub' BRU who those who will travel into Africa...
Not sure if there is a big demand/offer in SE Asia for travelling to African countries..
Thai flies already non stop to Johannesburg.
But very strange: in the booking engine of the TG website you find Johannesburg . And possible to book. But when you look at the top of the website under destinations, I couldn't find it.
Malaysia Airlines does the same thing: under destinations you find J'Burg and Cape Town. But in the booking engine...Durban ( who wants now to fly to Durban :roll: ) They do Mauritius as well.
Singapore Airlines does Cairo, Johannesburg and Cape Town.
Cathay does J'Burg
African carriers who do SE Asia: Ethiopian, Kenyan, South African, Egypt Air, Air Mauritius, Air Zimbawe ( not sure if they still do Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, but Bejing is for sure, but that is not SEA Asia )

So there are alternatives for the Middle Eastern carriers.

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

Bruket wrote:Good news, but again a missed opportunity for SN!? :?:
not really. SN was lobbying with Thai to serve BRU...

RoMax

Post by RoMax »

diminbru wrote:
Bruket wrote:Good news, but again a missed opportunity for SN!? :?:
not really. SN was lobbying with Thai to serve BRU...
Indeed as from the entry of SN into Star they wanted Thai to launch flights to BRU. Remember the CEO of Thai said in Brussels at the time SN joined Star that they would look at BRU again because SN wanted that. So almost 2 years after SN joined they will effectively be in BRU.
SN is far from ready to fly to Asia in their current state. They have to be fully owned by LH before they can think about Asia and when they are owned by LH they will only be allowed to fly the Asian routes wich LH wants them to fly (read: wich will not cause too much competition for their own flights).

thalenoi

Post by thalenoi »

Desert Rat wrote:Kom poon kap!!
Araai na?

If you can't speak/write Thai don't try it on a web board...

I guess you mean: Thank you = kob kun
man = kob kun krab ( more polite)
woman = kob kun kaa

I spare you the Thai writing :D

anyway, timing is not too bad, I travel 3x year to BRU and need domestic connection to from BKK

Arrival time from BKK into BRU will be at 06.45am on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. (departure in BKK just after midnight)

Departure from BRU back to BKK will be at 13.30pm on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, arriving early next morning, around 6am local in BKK.

Thus I have a domestic TG flight into BKK around 21.00 and out around 10 am

Now the price?

Thai airways website shows crazy prices, 160K bhat eco return, 325 business, 55555 (5 in Thai is ha, thus 5555 means hahahaha)

I am flying Etihad to FRA this August and paid 24750 THB return, train to BRU 39 euro one way.

Desert Rat

Re: Thai to serve BRU as from Nov 2011 !

Post by Desert Rat »

I'm so sorry to have done such a huge,huge, huge mistake, please accept my deepest apologies...I was just trying to write down what I hear.

Because between
-Kom poon kap!!
and
-kob kun krab !!

For our Farang's ears, it sounds the same...at least for me...

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Nice, nice news !!! :D :D :D 8-)
Kabila wrote:Arrival time from BKK into BRU will be at 06.45am (departure in BKK just after midnight)

Departure from BRU back to BKK will be at 13.30pm arriving early next morning, around 6am local in BKK.
I can't find the flight schedule. Where did you see it ? ;)

Kabila

Post by Kabila »

I can't find the flight schedule. Where did you see it ?
I found it on the monthly newsletter from Brussels Airport

Airbus A330

Post by Airbus A330 »

Kabila wrote:
I can't find the flight schedule. Where did you see it ?
I found it on the monthly newsletter from Brussels Airport
Ok thanks. ;)

regi

Post by regi »

thalenoi wrote:
Desert Rat wrote:Kom poon kap!!
Araai na?
If you can't speak/write Thai don't try it on a web board...
I guess you mean: Thank you = kob kun
man = kob kun krab ( more polite)
woman = kob kun kaa
I spare you the Thai writing :D
Now the price?
Thai airways website shows crazy prices, 160K bhat eco return, 325 business, 55555 (5 in Thai is ha, thus 5555 means hahahaha)
I am flying Etihad to FRA this August and paid 24750 THB return, train to BRU 39 euro one way.
Thank you to correct the pronunciation of "thank you" in Thai. As a former AUA student ( natural approach, structural approach + R&W ) , that " KOM POON" was a bit...hurting my eyes. :|
I intended to send a reply starting with " alai wa ?" but as this is a aviation forum, I could prevent myself using bad language.
I fear that my prediction about the price will become true, and make TG only affordable for ABAC-adepts, and not for the average Isaarn person, or the Ramkhamhaeng student. We will welcome the ABAC students who come on fieldtrips to Europe to earn credits for their MBA program. :roll:

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

BRU-BKK/TG935/DAY 2.4.6/13.30-06.20
BKK-BRU/TG934/DAY 2.4.6/00.30-07.00

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

You know when you have to go on yahoo to get the answer on how you write down your own language in English, I don't feel that bad with what I wrote down...;-)...

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 532AAoxCsh

You will note as well that there's dozen of different writings for the Thai "Thank you", if you just scroll down on the link a.m.

p.s.: any comment on the word "Suvarnabhumi" ?? because the gap between the writing in English and the way how it sounds in Thai is quite big....Don't worry I know the story...

kob kun mak krab !!!

regi

Post by regi »

Desert Rat wrote: p.s.: any comment on the word "Suvarnabhumi" ?? because the gap between the writing in English and the way how it sounds in Thai is quite big....Don't worry I know the story...
kob kun mak krab !!!
You gave us a hint about your identity, by using krab = for males. So we can erase already 50% of the global population. :)

Serious now, about the airports in BKK Suvarnabhumi and Don Muang. It can be a problem. I have heard now already several times complaints from travellers who book on Nokair or Orient Thai. Some of them are not aware that Don Muang is at the other side of this mega city. Yes, their own fault. But not everybody is a "experienced world traveller".
But even worse are some new taxi drivers. If you ask them to drive at the airport, they will not ask you which one, assuming it is Suvarnabhumi. But if you know that you need to go to Don Muang, and you say this to the cabbie, some react funny. ALARM ! It means he doesn't understand it, just says, "yes yes" and still heads for Suvarnabhumi. So you should be sure that he drives to Don Muang.
I had this experience last year with a young chap who was used to do shuttle service between Suvarnabhumi and BKK downtown. I had to explain him in Thai that there was another airport at his capital. And from the old city I had to explain him how to get to the right highway entrance to follow the clear road signs.
No, he didn't give me a discount for this free lesson "how to get around in BKK" :mrgreen:

Small remark about the pronunciation of Suvarnabhumi : just mumble this: "swanabhum". The full word will only confuse some Isaarn cabbies. :x
And if it is just the airport - where ever in LoS: "sanam bin"
5 baht please. :mrgreen:

diminbru

Post by diminbru »

all very interesting...if you want to learn Thai. But I guess this forum is about aviation and not a language forum!

regi

Post by regi »

diminbru wrote:all very interesting...if you want to learn Thai. But I guess this forum is about aviation and not a language forum!
sorry, I thought that some people would be interested in how to get at the right airport without problems. But OK, I might post this better in a private message.

travellover

Post by travellover »

Great news about Thaï coming back(thanks *A too and Brussels Airlines,in particular) !
About thaï langage discussion above, despite the errors, it might be classy to encourage the efforts of a person interested in it ! วันที่ดี (google traduction : have a good day) :)
Cheers

Desert Rat

Post by Desert Rat »

diminbru wrote:all very interesting...if you want to learn Thai. But I guess this forum is about aviation and not a language forum!
Where is the problem???

Khun Regi has a lot of very interresting thing to share, that could help anyone visiting Thailand, so...

ps:Wan Nee Fon Toc.... ;)

capetown

Post by capetown »

Sawadee khrap !
Not that it still matters a lot, but TG also made it official now.
A bit weird to state that Brussels is close to the Netherlands so the route might be good for those working at the International Criminal Court in The Hague :? (Although it has to be said reference to EU and Nato is made as well...)
Prices should be known as from this Friday (July 1st is the first day the flights can be booked) ...
http://www.prthaiairways.com/thaiair_4p ... n&dng=1211

tolipanebas

Post by tolipanebas »

It is because they do not serve The Netherlands and really want to present BRU not only as the gateway to Belgium, but also to The Netherlands, IMHO.

BRU can thank STAR alliance and SN, because without them, there was a ZERO chance for TG to prefer BRU over AMS for sure.

Bralo20

Post by Bralo20 »

Flights are loaded:

[KVS Availability Tool 6.2.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]

Code: Select all

BRU  Brussels Metro / National BE = BRU CRL ZYR [EBBR]
BKK  Bangkok Intl TH [VTBS]
WED  07 Dec 2011 - 14 Dec 2011

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
TG         935     BRU   13:30     BKK   06:20 +1  777  0   -2-4-6-     10:50       I       -
[KVS Availability Tool 6.2.0/Diamond - Amadeus: Timetable/NL-BCDF]

Code: Select all

BKK  Bangkok Intl TH [VTBS]
BRU  Brussels Metro / National BE = BRU CRL ZYR [EBBR]
WED  07 Dec 2011 - 14 Dec 2011

Carrier    Flight  From  Depart    To    Arrive    A/C  St  Frequency | Dur'n | Dep T | Arr T | Effect | Ending | Exceptions
---------  ------  ----  --------  ----  --------  ---  --  ----------------------------------------------------------------
TG         934     BKK   00:30     BRU   07:00     777  0   -2-4-6-     12:30       -       I